Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• I had this morning off - I was so tired I needed the extra hour in bed, but tomorrow will be run and Weds sufferfestimage

• Anyone want to do this with me? Tail end of November image easy 10k...

http://www.heanorrunningclub.com/9.html 

• I know what you mean Buttercup, I went out for 25 miles yesterday on my old mountain bike for a bit of a change, it has killed my legs, it was like cycling through gravy, I did overtake a couple on roadies going up hill, thank god they didn't hear me wheezing or see my face streaming with snot and tears as I bombed it down the otherside of the hill while trying to make out I was fit. Day off today to let the legs recover after the MTB debarkle, got a swim tomorrow then my first club cross country race on Wednesday for the works club, I'm not sure of the distance yet, I think its a little too late to ask, I would rather keep the shock for the day of the race image 

Stratford tri at the weekend too,  yay image 

I like the sound of the pudding race.........do you get the pudding after?

• I might be tempted buttercupimage

great swim tonight, and one of the other women in the lane told me to go in front of her when we were doing breast stroke cos I was fasterimage knee must defintely be getting better as I haven't been able to do much breaststroke at all without it hurting but was fine tonight. Shoulder held out too, just felt dodgy on back stroke - I am probably doing it wrong, so cut out the back stroke

• Good to hear that the swim was OK MC, my swim this morning was hard work but felt good apart from the neck and top of shoulder aching. Discovered that I have 2 speeds steady and sprint for 25m.

• image Ay up sorry been on my travel's for a bit and just come back into w**k today. Have I missed much. image

• Hi everyone... couldn't find the thread, so thanks Pete for posting the link image

Welcome back Cake

Steady - well done on you sportive

MC - well done on your swim.

Am having a cut back week, sports massage this afternoon image. Then I'm goign away for a holiday on my own for the first time. Off to visit my brother who lives in Berlin for five days. Am very excited. Will wave at the marathon runners on Sunday.

• image Chilli you will love the marathon only one I've done outside of the uk and a bit of a party. Try not to enjoy the beer to much.

• Just found this thread again, must remember not to close it or ill lose it again.

Lots of great work going on, well done Steady on your ride image

Got my first tri this weekend so went and recee'd the course over the weekend. The bike route is all downhill apart from a monster hill which I have to do twice, other half is gloating as she only has to do it once, but will make up the lost time descending from the top. Then we went for our first ever open water swim, my god it was cold!!! So glad we had a practice and know what to expect. But even though it was a tough ride and cold swim I had a great time and really enjoyed it image Bring on Sunday! image

• chili - ohhh, exciting, have a great time. Don't think about the kids, they will cope fine without you!

Ran this morning, don't know if it was the heat or tiredness but found it tough going

Been on a course all day which was good, but now I have loads of school stuff to catch up on

• 12k run tonight - the humidity and general hot sucked the energy out of me - it was tough going too MC.  Did it though image

• Well done everyone, image

Anyone know how ST got on in the Sandman?

Not done a lot lately, ran 7.5 miles on Sunday morning avg. 9.04 min/m which felt good, been averaging 8.45 min/m on my 5 mile runs , I seem to be getting faster now the season is nearly over. Doing the Local Swinton 10 miler next Sunday with Horse,
  • Rocco, now you have found us we will expect a race report after your event.

Happy hols Chili.

Glad to hear you made it back up north Cake, how was the run in the New Forest?

• image Painful Steady still not back to anywhere near my best at the moment running wise and it showed. Got a abingdon place for next month and now wondering if I made a mistake. Distance doesn't worry me but the cut of does.

Not heard from ST for a bit if he doesn't come on I'll text him tonight and send him a dirty joke. actually might do that anyway.image

• I want to go for a run to get rid of work stress but need to wait for the mobile mechanic to come and collect my road and hybrid bikes for a service.

• steady - hope you get out for your run

cake - ouch, see how you are closer to the time

good turbo session this morning, did one of the new sufferfests - violater, it hurt!

• buttercup - how are you getting to swimming tomorrow? I can pick you up at Quorn if you like

• Ooh, my road bike is in for a pedal change to look clips and now I've got shimano road shoes...what have I done? Expect to hear that I've fallen over and broke something in the next couple of days. but if I cut 10 minutes off my commute I'll be grinning like a loon. 

• MC I am going to try and bike - on my beastie bike with the lights image my calves are not impressed with me so not doing anything tonight!

JP there is pudding!! Apparently you dont get a tshirt or medal you just get pudding! I say we do it - husband likes pudding he can have mine image

Don't worry Pete I have fallen over enough times to not worry about it too much any more image

• OK see you there buttercup. If you change your mind text me I will check my texts before leaving home this timeimage

• Gah have just been reminded that I will be in Prague when the pudding run is on image no pudding for me then - sigh...

• What is wrong with being in Prague? 

EP bad news about your boss

• EP, bad news.

My bikes are having TLC and I went for a run. My body now needs TLC. I did 4 min walk and 9 min jog, repeated, then walked the last bit home. The foam roller will be used before bedtime. Not sure if my Garmin is playing up now it is out of warranty or I just had weird readings, HR was lower than normal for the amount of running I did and how hard it felt, also at one point it reckoned I was going amazingly fast then stationery.

Hope to get a swim in before work tomorrow.

• EP - if the group is that bad then make sure you get support from higher up with them. Don't know what your school is like - depends on the support you get from SLT etc but don't let yourself get stressed by the classes!

• i could never be a teacher!  I don't have the patience.  Have you seen the program educating yorkshire?  If that's what modern schools are like, I'm glad I'm old...

I'm off to pick up my bike now and then tonight I'll practise falling off safely before a mini commute tomorrow to put them to the test...

• Pete just remember everyone and I meen everyone fail's over and feels like a prat at the first traffic lights they come to after getting on the pedel's for the first time. If you can would be a good idea to stick your bike on a turbo or leen against a wall and clip and unclip a few times first for practice. good luck and well done for getting them mate they are worth it. image

I could never be a teacher ever. image EP hope your boss is ok and also you don't hae to much stress from it.

Whats this about a pudding run? Where?  image

• Pete, Cake is right, when not if, practise clipping in and out whilst leaning on a wall and work out which foot you would normally put down first is the one to unclip first.
    Also as you approach any junction or where you may have to stop, unclip early then if it is clear just keep pedalling and clip back in, that way it is less of a sudden do it all at once thing.

• You had me at Pudding......I'm in