Options

Anyone fancy selling their 2013 Berlin marathon ticket?!

I have just been persuaded by my wife to join her in the Berlin marathon 29th September....now we just need to find a ticket. Any help appreciated, ideally looking at 4:00 hr one, however beggers cannot be choosers so I'll take what I can get.

Comments

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Who knew that Berlin were still playing concerts??  California, in June, with Big Country.  

I assume  you mean this, as concerts have tickets.  

Races have places, or numbers.

• Options

Thanks Wilke.....you obviosuly have too much time on your hands, get a life!

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I have always wondered why people call it a ticket.

Probably have too much time on my hands as well but it is a bank holiday weekend after all.
  • Options

You sound like a 'b'anker!

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Thanks, was just asking an honest question. Where's the harm in that?
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Glenn - I can understand that you may not appreciate the comments made above but they're honest comments. A race bib/number is the official term. A ticket is only for concerts but let's not argue over peanuts.

Officially - do you know that you can't transfer bibs for Berlin and that it's against the race rules. IF they find out and prosecute you/your wife would not be allowed to run in any further marathon majors. Just wanted to state that and also comment that I would not run as someone else for the safety reasons attached to it.

Now getting onto the practicality: it's probably a little too early to ask on forums. Normally - people will be on here in the month leading up to the event looking to offload their bib so why not hang around on other threads and see what comes up nearer the time?

• Options

After been in Berlin 4 times yOu will buy a number very easy outside the expo. With so many selling themHulu will get it very cheap. As you are looking for 4 hours you can always get a faster number and go back in the Q. Make sure if you are a male you don't buy a female number .......F stands foR females I think

• Options

Thanks Emmy for the constructive advice, much appreciated.....will also follow other threads as suggested-

Thanks Dave, good to hear there's a good chance as I will be travelling own to Berlin anyway.

• Options
    Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭

I thought I'd bought a 2:45 ticket for VLM this year but I got ripped off as it only took me to 2:47.........stitched up again.

• Options

The charity that I'm running for still has two bibs left - low fundraising target, great cause.

• Options

I have a spare if you still need one. I'm unfortunately not going to be able to make it to Berlin. This 3.30 or 4hrs, will check.

• Options

Hi Glen, still need an entry? I've got one, but I fell sick this week and will not run

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Ham2 - as you need to show your passport when you pick up your bib as well as have a wristband attached - Its very unlikely that you can transfer your bib to another runner.

• Options

The wristband bit is new this year and shows a real effort to stamp out bib/number selling

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

H Keith. Yes - you're right. The wristband is new and has been promoted to the extreme. If you don't have the right bib and wristband - you won't start the race.

• Options

Will be interesting to see if VLM and other big races go the same way

• Options

I can't believe its such an issue. Anyway, Glenn, I'm going to be in Berlin to pick up my entry personally, so if you still want to chance it, let me know

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Ham - it will be. They will secure the wristband to you and you will not be able it get it off without breaking it. I've seen the ones that they are planning to use and its impossible to get it off Easily Without damaging it.

i know it's frustrating but offering to sell your bib knowing the checks that they will do (you've received the weekly/daily emails) is pointless.

keith - I think that the other marathon majors will have to follow it. I think Berlin is the trial for the others. I still think that there should be an official transfer scheme in place but if they won't - then it's a risk to take.

• Options

Thanks for the hint Emmy H - for such an expensive race it's a bit of a bummer, especially if you consider that something unforseen can happen...Accommodation and friends are booked, so we're there anyway

• Options

They all have a strict no transfer policy

And agree Emmy H where Berlin start London and others will follow . Although London do still allow you to nominate someone to pick up number so may need a couple of years to change process.

Ham2 its mostly about revenue protection for them - they budget on 25%+ runners not turning up so over sell places. If people number swap in large numbers they have to sell less places. Its all about the cash.