Friday 27th September 2013

Morning

Todays lyrics: You gotta let me know

Yesterdays lyrics:' Promised you a miracle' by Simple Minds.

What: 4.5M Steady

Why: A habit

Back later after catching up

Comments

• Morning.

Back in the regular routine birks? I should have got yesterday's lyrics - have fond memories of the Warehouse Club in Leeds and that record.

Glad you got the MG sorted Blisters.

Good news on the legs Alehouse.

What:                probably nothing
    Why:                 still balancing recovery/training
    Last hard:         taking so many rest days
    Last rest:          25/9

Lyrics - could do.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH

Yeah getting there, cheers.

• morning all
    Ale - no offence meant. Can't help but always get an image of the late Keith Weller and his white tights when I think about Leicester.
    VLM - naturally got my rejection yesterday. 21 years, 20 applications, 5 acceptances, one of which was on the old "5 rejects and you're in" scheme & 1 deferral. There are of course other marathons, plus my club's ballot.

what - easy run
    why - recovery day, plus swimming club champs for youngest (day 1 of 3). Think I'm timekeeping most of the weekend.
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - yesterdays tempo is still in the legs.

should have got yesterdays lyric, pretty sure I know todays.

• Morning!

And no offence taken, Dustin!

Lyrics: familiar. So that's no. And I, also, should have got yesterday's.

What: almost certainly rest. A 10 to 15 min run at most.
    Why: Working on the kitchen (new gas pipes need to be under the floor boards in the next hour or so) and then off to work with the little ones for the afternoon. And taking care of my legs.

Paddy: what do you know of the Ballycotton 10, if anything (or anyone else for that matter). At Ron's race on Wednesday was talking with John Walshe who had come over for the race. Friendly and helpful guy. Came over with a couple of others that I was chatting with.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: rest
    Why: 7miles yesterday evening with JS and on call all this weekend.
    Ankle smouldering so nothing major before Monday
    Last rest Wednesday
    Last Hard: Langdale HMLyrics: no

Domestic situation returning to normality following leak

• Hi guys,

thought I'd wish everyone a nice weekend and good luck if anyone is racing image

Went to the neuro surgeon yesterday and he's confident that some physio will sort me, so hopefully no need for those horrid steroid injections. He also said I could run, albeit gently and probably no 20 milers right now but running will not make the disc slip any further. Whereas wrong stretches and forward bending will. So those are things to avoid.

Onwards and upwards. I am hoping to go out later to try a little run. I shall report.

• Hope it goes well chickadee.

OH - is the ankle feeling any better? Might have been wise to have rested up yesterday in order to ensure that last LSR - but 20/20 hindsight is a great thing.

Sounds like you'll be kept busy for the weekend Dustin.

Hope you got the pipe laid in time Alehouse.

Despite finishing work early and it being a gorgeous afternoon the sensible head prevailed and I have rested.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Just 4.3 miles today, 31 minutes.  A nice run in lovely mild early evening conditions.  Duty weekend at work so staying close by!!  Should have known yesterdays lyrics.  Dont know todays.

• 6.5 miles d&d.

4 miles yesterday.

Coming back together now.

Ale I've ran Ballycotton quite a few times. I have my 10 mile PB and PW there. John is a great fella - I know him but he wouldn't know me. He works tirelessly for this and other races in his series. The organisation at Ballycotton is fantastic, its the best value race in Ireland - Price is the best around for a ten miler. It has a few drawbacks though - the start is very narrow and if you don't get a good start you can get held up. Parking is a bit of a disaster if you don't arrive early/ know the area. They have Park & Ride available which personally I'm not mad about as you are way from your "mobile base". The course is fast and flat but for the first mile which is downhill and the last which is uphill. Its a "spoon shape" 3 miles out, 4 mile loop, 3 miles back. There is a great atmosphere around the race. A good few travel from the UK for it. It really is one to do if you can, but accommodation/ travel must be planned well!!!

• Evening

Ballycotton 10 one  on my list one day

Hi all not run all week but not surprising as been at work all week Christmas is all finished got the night off tonight  but  in again Sunday night  so will try a little run tomorrow  work mon & tues then off for  10 days  image

lyrics no

• Mmmm. Wondering aloud if I will be able to run ten miles by next March!

Hello Pammie! Consistent consistency remember!!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Lyrics - No

What 5.25m at lunch
    Why - Took the opportunity at work
    Last hard - Yesterday
    Last rest Tues and Weds

Take care

• zero day.

I've just finished Thursday's work.