Thursday 3rd October 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - Those cocky little fires you started in the night

It's starting to feel quite wintry but as Blister's said - not really cold yet. Rain forecast for this afternoon so hopefully I'll get out on my bike this morning - though it will be the hybrid as I need to find out how long it will take us to ride to the 10k we're marshalling on Sunday. I'm finding it hard to not do as much as when I was IM training and to let the weight drift up a little but I know I need to, can't keep that level of training or weight control up all year.

OH - hope your ankle is ok to run this evening but better to take the long view and miss JS if not 100% at this stage.

Wabo - more races coming up before Snowdon?

Hope you're ok if you're looking in birks.

What:              a bimble on the bike
Why:               see above
Last hard:       13/9 (feels like ages)
Last rest:        27/9

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning!
    +2 for Blisters, LmH comments on the weather: outlook grim, but was mild this morning (still just t-shirt weather). Packed two lots of running kit as may well be raining at lunchtime and on the way home.
    Blisters - thanks for the heads up that greater than, less than deletes posts. Weird.

Lyric - yes indeed, this one is on my playlist for those long tedious winter multi-lap runs around the business park. They'll be starting again soon.

what - run at lunchtime, U11 coaching, then maybe small track work waiting for eldest's hockey to finish.
    why - Thursday
    last rest - Friday
    last hard - Tuesday

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Morning all

todays lyrics really not a clue!

lmh, I do actually have another race! 12/10 first xctry of the season, 5 miler and easy one if its dry!

what tai chi and strengthening stuff again

why: lsr tomorrow am

last hard: Tuesday nights race

last easy: yesterday

I actually got a course pb on Tuesday by about a minute so I am happy with that, very

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • and so you should be Wabo - you're running really well.

Just short of 19 miles on the hybrid for me this morning, it's mild but very grey and the air is wet if you know what I mean?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

thanks lmh and alehouse, stone off has made all the difference this year

sorry OH!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • What: hopefully with the group this evening
    Why: Thursdays (but on duty until 6pm)
    Last Hard: Monday
    Lyrics: no
    Going to try out some shockabsorber insoles this evening

• 10 miles in the end last night - a bit sore after Tuesdays first Winter weights session.

6 miles d&d earlier at a good turnover. hour on Turbo later.

pi55in here but nicer from tomorrow we are promised

• Afternoon!

Very wet. And about to go out in it...

What: the plan is 40 mins easy but I may change my mind
    Why: depends how much I'm enjoying getting wet in the dark!

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Evening

What 8 with strides

Why Actually almost following a schedule

Lyrics No

Another go at some speed work. Went better than Tuesdays attempt. Anyway, something easy and straightforward tomorrow like 7 with hills.

• 5 miles D&D and ankle no worse ... now rest again

• turbo done.

Second winter weights tomorrow - Biggest challenge is not to fall over and make an eejit of meself in the gym. will swim and run too at some stage.

We're choppin down timber!!

• 40 mins done. Easy running. And the rain stopped. Very uneven pavements and lots of turns and even more traffic: not my ideal run, but another run in the bank!

Good to hear ankle is no worse, OH.

Take care, Postie! Cotton wool time!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Evening all

Lyrics - No

What - 4.25m easy
    Why - easy day and hopefully rest day tomorrow
    Last hard - Tues
    Last rest - Weds last week

Take care

• Zero here.

Partly due to having a grumpy wife. Partly CBA. Partly due to the excuse of taper. Partly using a few tight muscle groups as an excuse.