Moraghan Training - Stevie G

Comments

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Good grief - Round and round the garden? What, like a teddy bear?

• Lol just like a teddy bearimage

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

One step, two step, tickle you under there.

Er....

Carry on....

• Your garden Rob? You mean your estate? Remember I've seen a picture of the 'garden' or what most would call a personal national park image

Johnas, tremendous running, truly astounding. But with the crazy sessions you've endlessly smashed out over the last year I'm not surprised! You got any specific mara times in your sights, or is that a naughty question? image

• ML84ML84 ✭✭✭

It's a funny old game is this running malarkey. Struggled at 7.20 pace yesterday but run a double today. 4 this morning and then a comfortable 8 @ 6.54 pace tonight. 

Ive taken a shine to plodding around. 

• A nice 9 for me today @ 7:29 pace. Good start to the week for me and Matt by the looks of it. I couldn't walk all day either then out for a run and felt so easy.

• Front loaded week for me as I have a flat, tarmac parkrun on Saturday. 12.5 today, then another 13 on Wednesday. Tried out a new route and got from Hammersmith to Wimbledon Common going up Putney Park Lane which is a good track I haven't used before, then a lap and back through Richmond Park. Garmin then let me down as I followed a path on one side of an 8 foot high brick wall and should have been on the other side, so a little diversion away from Beverley Brook (http://www.merton.gov.uk/leisure/visiting/attractions/beverleybrookwalk.htm) but nothing too much added.

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Eastleigh 10K website is up, and I note that PC2 and I are displayed prominently in the banner at the top.  SG should have been in the shot as well, but he seems to have escaped it, possibly by sheltering behind an even taller man.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Ah, I always wide in such shots Dachs, to avoid getting smashed in the middle.

Luckily i'd also miss the announcer say "if you have jogger on your top" you shouldn't be anywhere near the front.The kind of genius right up there with telling me that "proper" runners wear running club vests, back in 2006 when i'd come 9th out of 319, and asked, half jokingly "how do they (ie the 8 who beat me) do it....

6&4 yesterday, the 4 way too fast, when my intention had been just see it out as i'd felt knackered late on. Instead, a mix of a hippy, a bus, some old guy running 5 metres ahead of his wife, and Bus' mate Gaz all conspired to hype the pace.

10 this morning, 6 at steady with some strides saw a 67min job. 4miler later at some stage...

• JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭

looked bloody cold that day Dachs!

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Johnas - it was, fortunately you can't see my arm warmers.

SG - I sympathise with circumstances conspiring to hype the pace.  This week, as we're into the taper, I am doing some of my trips to and from work by bus to reduce mileage.  So I got the bus into work yesterday, intending to run home.  When I got to work, I realised I had brought my trainers, but forgotten all my other running clothing.  I thought that was no big deal, and that I'd wander to Decathlon at lunchtime and buy some of their cheapo running gear (as I can always use it) and run home in that.

Once in Decathlon, I realised that the only shorts I could really do with are some proper skimpy racing shorts, which I would never wear for running in public outside races.  I decided to risk running home in them rather than waste money on longer shorts I didn't need, and thought I might be able to get away with it.  I also bought one of their very cheap t-shirts, which they sell in small net bags, so you don't open it to check what's inside until you've bought it. 

Well, anyway, when I went into the gents to change to run home at the end of the day (my bus having already left), I discovered that, not only did I have skimpy race shorts, but that the men's t-shirt pack I had bought contained a ladies' running t-shirt.  Not only that, but it was a ladies t-shirt that even Natalie Portman might have found a little on the small side.  The combination looked absolutely ludicrous.  But I now had little choice.  I put on my rucksack, turned my Ipod on full volume to drown out any comments, and legged it home, throught the middle of Reading, at a pace that even Scott Edgington might consider excessive.

So much for easy recovery runs the day after a race.

• Dachs, don't suppose you got a photo? image

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

I most assuredly didn't.

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

dachs - i bet you looooked miiiiiiiighty preeeeety.   a long shot but i won a £30 gift card for decathlon but there is no decathlon near me.  its yours for £20 (or anyone else)image

• Dachs your post is brill but it does conjure up all sorts of wierd images image

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

haha Dachs, that vaguiely reminds me of the story of someone who bought some trousers in a rush in a department store, got on a train. Accidentally messed themselves but realised they had the trousers as security, so threw the soiled ones out the window.

They then got out the "trousers" out of the bag in horror to find it was actually a dress.

And no it wasn't me!

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

(in the train toilet) was probably a key part of info i missed after the messed themselves bit

• JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭

Brilliant image new Abo kit Dachs?

• I still think Dachs owes it to the thread to recreate the look and post a picture. Maybe SG could also post the picture of him in the dress from the above anecdote.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Litty does like a nasty anecdote..so if anyone has any other caught short situations, fill Litty's inbox up with them. Details as nasty as possible please.

• Or alternatively, don't do that.

• ML84ML84 ✭✭✭

I got caught short on my Sunday run, fortunately I always carry a bit of loose kitchen roll and It ended up with me taking a dump behind the wall that adjoins the former Burnley managers drive. 

Frank Casper, if youre now a runner and reading this, apologies.  

Dachs, I always wear really short shorts when out running, unless it's freezing then I wear my running tights.  I'm going to do a session on the gym treadmill tonight (staying off the track for another couple of days due to my calves) and I will be in my racing shorts. Can't do with the big baggy numbers

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Matt, do you wear very short tight ones just in case you get caught short, so they can serve as some kind of nappy, instead of spraying everywhere you go like some kind of combine harvester?

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Dachs - don't worry, I have contacts with RBC CCTV people image

• ML84ML84 ✭✭✭

Haha. Rumbled! 

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

OK, in the absence of the photo, how about an artist's impression?

/members/images/675323/gallery/help.jpg

• This was taken in Reading yesterday. Assume it is you Dachs!

• Nice picture Dachs. It inspired me to unearth this genuine photographic evidence for SG's story.

/members/images/699204/Gallery/IMG_4390_(480x640).jpg

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

things have taken a rather unusual turn today image