VLM training- ABSOLUTE begginer- anyone in SE London want to train

Hi I amazingly got a place in the VLM and am starting to train completely from scratch. Does anyone in SE London want to train together? Alternatively can you suggest a running club in the Lewisham/blackheath/Greenwich or other SE London areas where people are actually begginers? Thanks

Comments

• I would suggest looking on the Run England website, these groups are aimed spcifically at beginners alongside starting the Couch to 5km training programme.  Personally I would defer your marathon entry for a year as you are likely to injure yourself going from zero to marathon by April next year...

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Charlotte , how fit are you at the moment?

I wouldn't give up hope already. There are thousands of people who go from nothing to a marathon in 6 months. You will have to start training now though as you will need to a have a reasonable amount of fitness before starting your proper marathon programme.
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Charlotte - If you start now and build up slowly you'll be able to complete the marathon. What are your goals for the marathon? Just complete it? or run it in a specific time?

As Elizabeth has suggested - Run England will have a lot of listings for local clubs but why not start going along to your local parkrun. There may be some clubs represented there or could you ask for a recommendation.

Well done on getting into London.

• If you can live in SE London, then the marathon should be nothing to you.