Sub 3h15

Comments

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Oct 20 - Abingdon mara – DS2 sub 3.10, Moof sub 3
    Oct 27 - Frankfurt - SJ - sub 3; Jools - sub 3
    Dec 8 - Newcastle Racecourse HM - Minni sub 1.30

• Welcome back RJ, thought you'd done a runner on usimage

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

4 mile run tonight, no time for a w/u, pleasing to see 6:58 avg on the clock although it did feel a bit hard!

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭

Feb 2 - Kaiser HM - MsE first race post-injury
    Apr 13 - VLM (loads of you)
    Jun 1 - Comrades - Poacher 

• Lorenzo - forgot to take a book with me on Sunday, to be honest.
    Mennania - hope you're feeling less battered today. Felt pretty much back to normal myself this morning.
    Ant - well done on getting on there again and putting in a decent session.
    GM - not likely to do a 10k at the moment.
    BOTF - sounds like you're pretty busy - always difficult to find the time needed to put in the long hours of training.
    RJ - really hope you can adjust to the new lack of work routine and find a way of getting back into the serious training.
    Minni - targets? I'm useless at those.
    Poacher - hope that ankle is better soon.
    Jools - I'd forgotten how near it is now to Frankfurt - how is the taper going?
    GM - I'd certainly struggle with 6:58m/m and no warm-up!
    MsE - great to see your name on the race list!
    6 super slow miles d&d.

• Oct 20 - Abingdon mara – DS2 sub 3.10, Moof sub 3
    Apr 13 - VLM (loads of you) PMJ 2.4x

• It's difficult to know what to put on the list. My aim is still sub 3 at VLM, but that kind of performance seems so far away right now that the secondary aim of sub 3:20 to keep the GFA seems more realistic. I guess it's going to be a few months before I really have a clear idea.

A decent session last night at last - 4 x 6 mins with 2 mins recovery round the Windsor town centre 1km loop, so two decent hills in each rep. Pace came out at 6:33, 6:59, 6:38  & 6:34 which is ok and confirms I'm about 30-40 seconds per mile off where I was before the lay off, although I'm not quite sure I believe rep 2 unless the people I was with slowed down as well. I suspect that was the rep where the GPS had me cutting a major corner and running through buildings! The top of my right hamstring is a bit sore this morning, but hopefully it's just one of those aches and pains due to hard work after inactivity.

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Hmm, my first entry into a thread list. I may have to reserve judgement at the moment though; until I've done a few proper long runs in mara training, I have no idea how well I'm likely to convert up! Does "run reasonably well and enjoy the day so I want to run another one" count as a race objective? image

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Good reps from BOTF and Ant.

Hope that ankle starts to improve soon Poacher.

Some good quicker miles from GM in a small training window, and Gul's recovery following the GER. What's the next target Gul, or are you basking in Sunday's glory for a while?

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Apr 13 - VLM (loads of you) PMJ 2.4x; Minni 3:10

• Bike ItBike It ✭✭✭

Very modest as always TR on an amazing sub-80 half performance.  Not bad for someone who run to work a few days a week and makes puddles on the garage floor. Shows what can be done with overall balanced athletic training rather than just run-run-run style training.

A couple of 10x(1 min run, 1 min walk) for me plus spinning, weights, kettlebell, etc.  Got a bit enthusiastic on the deadlift and pulled my back.

Come on Abbers - at least tell us what pace you are setting of at on Sunday

• Bike ItBike It ✭✭✭

Apr 13 - VLM (loads of you) PMJ 2.4x; Minni 3:10; Bike It 3:05

• Oct 20 - Abingdon mara – DS2 - sub 3.10, Moof - sub 3
    Dec 8 - Newcastle Racecourse HM - Minni - sub 1.30
    Apr 13 - VLM (loads of you) PMJ - 2.4x; Ant - sub 3, Minni - 3:10; Bike It - 3:05

•  

Oct 20 - Abingdon mara – DS2 - sub 3.10, Moof - sub 3

Apr 6 – Paris mara – Mennania – Sub 3
    Apr 13 - VLM (loads of you) PMJ - 2.4x; Ant - sub 3, Minni - 3:10; Bike It - 3:05

• image Oh oh, thats me in bother with the list police... It wasnt like that before I hit the button - Honest

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

BI - I'm not running Sunday, my mara debut will be London in the spring. As such, it's all going to be a bit of a journey of discovery as I've not trained for anything longer than a half before. I know what the race calculators say, but I won't be nailing my colours to the mast quite this early!

• Bike ItBike It ✭✭✭

Oh dear Abbers.....I've got my Abbers and my Abo mixed upimage.   I though you were doing Abingdon this weekend.  Apologies. I haven't even been drinking...

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

No worries - might make a surprise guest appearance at the Salisbury 1/2 on Sunday instead, but it'll be a last minute decision just because it's local and a scenic (if undulating) route.

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

Oct 20 - Abingdon mara – DS2 - sub 3.10, Moof - sub 3
    Apr 13 - VLM - PMJ - 2.4x; Ant - sub 3, Minni - 3:10; Bike It - 3:05; Abbers TBA

Coming along nicely. Anyone lurking and targetting the eponymous sub 3/15 is welcome of course, it's not full on sub3 thread although a fair few have done so.

Mar 16 Barcelona - Barry B sub 3:15
    Apr 13 - VLM - PMJ - 2.4x; Ant - sub 3, Minni - 3:10; Bike It - 3:05; Abbers TBA

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Apparently there may be a Spring marathon in Jersey for the 1st time. Bang goes my intention of not training for a marathon in the Spring. Be rude not too hey!

No addition to the list from me as yet as I am undecided about my racing schedule at the mo. Not sure whether to shoot at a half in mid Nov. Some nice targets there!

May 5 - Milton Keynes - Gul Darr sub 3:15

Haven't entered yet. Sub 3:10 to halve my PB would be niceimage

• TRTR ✭✭✭

Bike it - I had a summers 1/2IM training together with some long runs (just in case of Abo) instead of the usual summers ~100M per month, but also I raced a 5M and 10K in June, a Trail 10M and a hilly 1/2 in Aug, and the 1/2 IM in Sept. Compared to no races since November before VLM this year, so I guess I'm a lot more running fit than normal at this time of year, making it easier to blag a 1/2 decent 1/2 mara.

• moofmoof ✭✭✭

I'm not going to add to the list until Abingdon is out of the way. One race at a time! Got to stay focused!!

5 easy miles at lunch with a few sets of strides today, rest tomorrow, 4 on Friday and a little 3 mile trot on Saturday should keep the legs lubricated.

Jumped on the scales tonight to check the weight before the start of the carb fest tomorrow, nom nom! 10st 10lb tonight and looking a bit gaunt but I reckon I'll be back up to about 11 by Sunday as I've got a shed load of food to eat.

Well done on the sub 80 TR, that is one to tick off on my bucket list.

And welcome back RJ.

• Oct 20 - Abingdon mara –  Moof - sub 3, DS2 - sub 3.10, Blisters sub 3:15
    Oct 27 - Frankfurt - SJ - sub 3, Jools - sub 3
    Apr 13 - VLM - PMJ - 2.4x, Ant - sub 3, Bike It - 3:05, Minni - 3:10, Abbers TBA

The list police are watching.
    Anyway, I've added my target for Sunday.

• TRTR ✭✭✭

I forgot earlier.....................where is Keir ? I worry about Keir when he goes quiet.

• moofmoof ✭✭✭
    I wondered the same, he did mention being busy with work.
  • Abbers - as you can now see from the list, my next target is a spring marathon. Not 100% sure which one yet.
    Bike It - hope your back is OK.
    Moof - happy carb-loading!
    Blisters - all the best for Sunday.
    8 steady miles d&d.
    I started to look at putting a schedule together yesterday - 6 months isn't long enough! May have to rethink my strategy.

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Gul - 6 months isn't long enough for what? When was was your last mara and what happened? Couldn't figure out your previous posts i.e. sub 3:15 and then 3:10 which would halve your pb?

6k Durrell dash for me on Sunday which an annual charity event in support of the Gerald Durrell wildlife conservation trust. Did it last year and got my a$$ tanned by four "midgets " well not really midgets but their ages were 11/12/13 & 14. Finishing 5th & first grown up was scant consolation. And guess what, they are a year older and faster now, so expect more and a bit more of the same. Will be fun though.

• Oct 20 - Abingdon mara –  Moof - sub 3, DS2 - sub 3.10, Blisters sub 3:15
    Oct 27 - Frankfurt - Jools - sub 3
    Mar 29 - Eco Trail de Paris 80Km - SJ - uninjured completion
    Apr 13 - VLM - PMJ - 2.4x, Ant - sub 3, Bike It - 3:05, Minni - 3:10, Abbers TBA
    July 27 - Outlaw - SJ - 10:xx