Sequins at the ready!

Comments

• Tut tut ladies!!

Missed Sunday's prog but I gather Tony went out?  Not exactly unexpected but was Julian the other one in the bottom two?  That does surprise me slightly.........

Nessie - quite agree re Abby, I have to admit to hurling just a teensy weensy bit of abuse at her on the gogglebox as she was annoying me so much,.... image

• TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Evening all, late to the party as BBC took an age to upload the results show and I daren't go anywhere on t'interweb vaguely strictly related because some pratt always posts who has gone even before the Sunday show.  So watched it this lunchtime.

Really enjoyed Sat & Sun shows.

Thought Sophie was excellent, has she 'peaked' too soon though?

Shame Fiona messed up, was looking good until then.  She really is a stunning woman though!

Poor Ben, tries his hardest but all that muscle does not make for a bendy body!

Quite liked Vanessa although it was a bit samey as Pamela's first dance.

Abbey was really pouty, understandably as it was a bit of a mess - were the judges watching a different dance though - the scores seem to indicate that?  Just wish she would concentrate a bit more on dancing and a bit less on looking at herself in the training room - maybe selective editing or maybe me being bitchy!

Really enjoyed Ashley & Ola, that's my sort of dancing image

Pretty much no choice for Tony going, he just wasn't going to cut it, not sure why they ask people that old/unfit.  I am not being ageist here but I believe everybody has an 'interview' where they show whether they have any ability or not, surely at that time the producers must have been able to see that it wasn't going to work??  Maybe I am misinformed though?  Anybody know?

Nobody I really dislike at the moment (Julian excepted - not that keen on Janette either!)

If you haven't read/heard of it and have plenty of time google Mighty Monkseal.  His (I think) take on the shows are hilarious.  Not as good as JohnfromWales but still a hoot.

• I still miss JohnFromWales image and hammy image

But Monkseal's blog is brilliant and he does great pictures as well image

I watched the show in 3 parts on Sunday, much easier than trying to do the whole thing on Saturday. SEB's Charleston was the dance of the night, just brilliant. Tony had to go as I couldn't see him lasting another week when he was already so shattered. I wouldn't have minded if Julien had gone as well but I expect he'll go next week image

• enjoyed Monkseal. thanks for the tip.

• Late in here. Weekend was good.

Sophie Ellis-Bextor was amazing and frankly if that had been 3 weeks down trhe lines I think she coiuld have got 10s. I think they felt it was too early to give them.  The thing is though that exverybody has a dance that doesn't suit them and everyone has a dance that really does. That was definitely it for Sophie. How will she get on with others is the question but she could be a real contendor. Her jive should be good when it comes.

Tony had to go really, although I wish it was Julien. Actually he reined his neck in a lot this week, I think he may have worked out his first week attitude was annoying and he clearly didn't get votes unlike Dave Myers. Julien to go please and then it gets more interesting.

I think the top six are just that at the moment. Then there are a few in the middle and then a lower group which still aren't bad

Certainly looks like a girl this year with only Ashley for the boys. Patrick is good as well actually but at this stage can't see him going the full distance. However none of the other guys are showing too much yet BUT it is still early.

Deborah is better than i thought she would be as well.

Abby, I tend to agree. My wife thinks she is more annoying than me but she is just miserable. Her whole attitude seems to be a front. There may actually be a nice person under there and if there is she should let it show.

Susanna continues to look good and is from my home town of Croydon, in fact pretty much the same end of Croydon so gets some support from me.

Nathalie was going to be a professional dancer until injury forced her into acting so she really does come in with a headstart. Will be interesting to see if she improves though as she may find it just too easy at the moment and when the others step up she might find herself off the pace.

• well that was fun image

this year's contestants are turning out to be quite a high standard. I really like Ashley. he is charming and a very nice dancer. possible winner. Natalie was excellent, though as others have pointed out, may be too good too soon. see also for SEB.

several improvers, particularly deborah who moves well and I think will be popular among the voters as she seems to be having a laugh. I thought the performance of the night was Ben. kristina was her usual practically nude me-me-me routine but he was actually dancing and seemed less stiff than before. some nice shapes.

and what the actual fcuk was Len's 7 for Julien all about? it was dreadful.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I thought Julien got weirdly high scores considering he was all over the shop. Is he doing a bit of freelance outfit design for the show? And if so has he not heard of buttons?
  • he is not going to get any better because he can nae dance.

• Back again! I've been on holiday in the States for a couple of weeks and going through Strictly withdrawals, so glad I've caught up now image

This year seems better all round, better dancers, much better costumes, even Dave Arch and his wonderful, wonderful orchestra aren't committing quite so many crimes against music.

Julien is very annoying but I really like his dance partner, which mitigates the annoyingness slightly. I love the Hairy Biker guy, he's a terrible dancer but he's hilarious and Karen is my new favourite female pro while Natalie is injured. Kevin from Grimsby is my new favourite male pro image

Natalie, Ashley and Sophie are my front runners. I think the judges are being overly harsh with their ciriticism of Rachel - it really annoys me when they have to go through this story arc with at least one very good contestant each year.

No celeb that makes me want to throw something at the TV. I wasn't expecting to like Abby much but I've been able to ignore her so far (apart from those blinding Tippex-ed white teeth!). Her and her partner look like a pair of dancing cyborgs, good looking and good dancers, but no chemistry, no personality and just bland bland bland. 

• it's interesting that certain portions of the public now seem to be voting for their favourite professional dancer, rather than (or as well as) their favourite sleb. so any sleb that is paired with a popular dancer like robin or anton, will do well.

• image indeed

Three times in the bottom two just shows he wasn't liked by the GBP - irritating camp rather than the loveable camp we've had in previous series.

He was never going to win against Rachel, although one or two of the others are probably breathing sighs of relief.

• Thank goodness that annoying little oik is out of there, perhaps we can actually start to enjoy this now!

Do you think Sophie wotsername was genuine when she was weeping over those who get eliminated????????

• I tried to watch the elimination show last night, I really tried but I just couldn't do it.  It's just too long and painful.  I wish they'd go back to the old format with the 20 minutes later on in the evening.

I have to go onto digitalspy or wait for someone to post on here to work out who has gone!

I'm glad he has gone too.  I was surprised to see Rachel in the bottom two.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I don't think Rachel has got a lot of public support. She's only known for Countdown, and is rather bland on that, although perfectly pleasant in real life when I met her. Lack of big public profile, combined with not very good dancing (her dances look painful!) and she'll go out soon enough. 

Totally agree about people voting for the professional rather than the celeb. I do like Robin though, so I can't complain at the moment. 

I think Mark is great, and will stay on for a long while yet image

• Morning all you lovely sparkly Strictlies. I missed the last 2 weeks but finally managed to watch last night. Still can't remember all the "celebs" names. No idea who is going to be going this week. The obvious dead wood has gone. I will record the results show tonight to fast forward the boring bits, so that will give me about 5 mins of watching then. 

No surprises at the Bruce jokes instructions. He gets worse (is that possible?). 

• Based on perfomance I think Hairy Biker Dave should go; he was worst by a long way. However, this is Strictly and it's not always about the performance. 

• Agreed, Dave is deffo the worst out of who's left but he does seem to have a lot of public support because he's a likeable sort of bloke and really is trying, even if it doesn't come off.

• Can't knock a fat lad from barrow !
  • Evening - I'm being brave and watching as its screened (nearly said live - oops). So Deborah in the bottom 2. She could struggle unless she is up against Dave. But as already said, I think he has the public vote. 

• yup, think Dave will/should be the second in the dance off.

• what a fickle voting public we have so guess it's bye bye Deborah?

• Yep, thats not fair. 

• No contest really

• it's round about now the judges start getting stroppy.