what: nothing
Why: boyfriend's birthday so straight out for dinner after work
Last hard: getting up this morning
Last rest: a lot recently!

Have a good one all.

Comments

• Beat me emzap!

Yesterday's lyrics were I Want It All by Depeche Mode

Good to have you back Blisters. Fair weather? Not if your IM bike training was anything to go by!

7d - sounds as though it must have been a good trip away - or a busy one.

Take it easy postie.

What:                 some time on the bike
    Why:                  forecast is good
    Last hard:          13/10
    Last rest:            27/9

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I take it we are on this one?
    Happy birthday to Mr Emz, enjoy the dinner!
    7D - good luck at the fell relays, our club put in a team for the first time, I was "12th man" but (fortunately) our first volunteers are all racing fit.
    what - easy track stuff later
    why - legs ache, hard session Tuesday, 6m steady yesterday
    last rest - 20 days
    last hard - yesterdays session was a struggle

have a good day y'all

• Morning

What:3M Steady. 

Why: Slowly getting back

A dreich wet morning with 'smiry rain' up here.

Mrs and Miss B are off to Edinburgh to see 'The Lion King' tonight. They're having a girly day in Edinburgh.

Catch up over coffee and toast.

Back later

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: 30 mins plus steady this evening
    Why: I can...it was a year ago today that I had my Achilles op, so I couldn't for a long time afterwards!

Good to see you, 7D!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good Morning

what: 6m steady am, with 2hr sufferfest on turbo after work
    Why: For some reason, I enjoy it!!
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: No

• Morning all.

What: 4 miles around the park

Why: Shake the stiffness off from yesterday.

Last hard: 16/10

Last rest: 14/10

Good to be back, thanks for the re-welcome emzap, LMH and alehouse. I was in California; it's too hot to run in sociable hours there, so often I didn't. Ran a couple of races and - aside from the eye-watering prices - found the standard to have less depth than over here: 2nd male in 10k in 40.30 (winner in 34.xx, 1st female in 35.xx) and 2nd overall in 5k (19.50 on hilly course, winner in 18.50). All the races are charity first, amateur athletics a distant second. If you could be bothered to get up at 4.30am then the bus to the mountains always threw up some good running at the other end.

Dustin: your club must be pretty stacked then I guess, shame they wouldn't spring the money for a B team. I've got the first leg, sadly.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

7D - not really, we're miles away from proper fell country (2hr drive to the Brecons) but a few of us head that way from time to time. So we just about managed to put one team together. Hopefully will get two next time.
    Club happy to pay, and that has nothing to do with me being on the committeeimage

• What: Run with JS group tonight
    Why:Thursday
    Last rest: yesterday (physically)
    Lyrics: no

enjoy the meal emzap image
    AH: ? celebration time
    Welcome back 7D

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

A nice 6 miler this morning in the damp, misty but still conditions.   Felt heavy in first 3 miles but good on the return.  Will have tomorrow as a rest day. image  

Lyrics. Alas, no. 

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

You all do know the lyrics...I know you do!

• A'noon

7D- Welcome back.

empazp-Enjoy dinner out tonight.

• emzap - no I really didn't image

• Afternoon

What 5ish

Why finish decorating the cake

Lyrics no

Last touches finally done and now it's time to lay off until Sunday. Weather is looking a bit dodgey though the rain is forecasted for late morning or early afternoon.

Enjoy your dinner tonight emzap.

• Hope you have a nice meal emzap.

Work interrupted play slightly today so just two hours on the bike for me. Took the hybrid out which proved to be a good idea as the roads were very wet and covered in slippery leaves.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • 7 D&D with JS Group this evening.

• Evening!

What: 35 mins including 5 x 500 slightly quicker off my steady pace
    Why: ran as I felt! Steady pace around 6 mins per k, quicker around 5 mins per k. Nice and controlled.

OH:  no cause for celebration...although actually every day is a cause for celebration!! Other things more important than the Achilles! A few years of good reports from the Christie, for example!

LMH: yes, work does get in the way of things! Am doing 4 days next week, and at least three and a half, probably four, for the rest of the term. So much for retirement! Wouldn't do it if I wasn't enjoying it! Does affect training though: becomes difficult to get out in the daytime during the winter, but hey, that probably applies to most of us.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope all the people are good today.

6 miles with a bit of speed earlier - all I had time for.

Back arranging the 5 mile race in January again!!

Have a look and give us a like!

https://www.facebook.com/Ferrycarrig5

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Welcome back 7D

Happy Birthday to Mr Emzap

What - 7.5m
    Why - was meant to be intervals, but back gave in during 1st mile, very painful, think may have pulled a muscle, not sure how..... so will see how sleep goes later, some positions are OK others are eyewatering....
    Last hard - Today
    Last rest - Yesterday

Take care

• Lots of driving. Taper madness.
    RFJ, pulled muscle? not good. This may sound bizarre, but try standing naked in front of the mirror and visually assess the shape of your back. You'll be able to see if you are standing in a way that compensates and therefore puts stress on other areas. I'm prone to back issues, and my physio has helped ease a lot of the troubles away. (Cue for a song?)

HBTY Mr Emzap