Friday 18th November 2013

Morning

Lyrics: all my troubles seemed so far away

Thanks for the idea Blisters

What: 20 mins or rest

Why: see how I feel later

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

I work part time Alehouse - next week is looking like 40 hours! Fortunately much of that is prep and report writing so I do it from home and fit it around my training. I'm helping them out (as I am doing extra today too) but hoping it won't happen too often as I made a conscious choice that health and happiness were more important to me than wealth.

Hope it goes as suddenly as it came RFJ.

Paddy - I'm not on FB I'm afraid so can't 'like'.

What:                easy run
    Why:                 it's what I do
    Last hard:         13/10
    Last rest:           27/9

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all,
    RFJ hope it proves to be nothing sinister
    lyric - maybe ....
    What - rest
    Why - been 3 weeks, body tired,knee feels niggly,calves sore (age, I guess) & Hants XC tomorrow
    last hard - Wednesday

Happy Friday

• Morning

What Will run later

Why: Tired as Mrs B train never got into Glasgow until midnight and so never got to bed until 1am.

They loved The Lion King

Lyrics: Yes, heard this song last night.

Back later

• What:rest
    Why: working late and on taper
    Last Hard: Monday
    Last rest: Wednesday
    Lyrics: yes

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Morning all!  Resting today to be fit and ready for the return of XC into my life tomorrow.  Things would be better if I was 8 pounds lighter but hey ho, just got to haul my fat ass around the mud anyway! Have a good day image

• Morning donaldo: A teacher up at this time on their hols ! Eh ?!imageimage

• 2k swam and a bit of iron thrown around.

Will go for a wet run later. The rain has arrived!!

• Morning again!

Hope the back is OK, RFJ.

Paddy: had an email from John Walshe last night. Ballycotton 10 is March 9th. And sorry, I'm not on Facebook either.

Birks: I heard this song yesterday, too, as one of the band was playing live on radio 2. Thought it was done particularly poorly!

Wabo: hope everything is OK! Or are you still stuck in the mud from last week's XC?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Warning - I know the Lyrics....image

A rareity there then.... also a rare day off, but that as off to do my Coach in Running Fitness course in Oxford this weekend

Did not sleep too well, back was agony this morning, but has eased off with some light stretching and pain is going, so looks like its one of those that if I stay still its going to seize and be sore, keep moving and I should be OK.... (I hope)

Take care and thanks

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

Yesterday's lyrics were Black or White Michael Jackson

What: 5km run
    Why: comeback after marathon
    Lyrics: yes

Felt good this morning, for the 1st 3 km anyway.  Was meant to be taking it easy, then realised by my pace I was not, so eased off a bit.  Meant to be 20C here this weekend.  Hoping that's true as have a lacrosse day on Sunday which means 11-4 outside (and 6 hours of travelling :S).

Hope the back eases RFJ.

Have a good one all.

• Cripes, hope your back gets better soon RFJ.

In the same boat as you, Donaldo, ahead of XC - just that shade too heavy but no turning back now. At least my first race isn't until the middle of next month.

What're you tapering for, Other Half?

Lyrics: yep

What: 6.5 miles at tempo.

Why: been neglecting it a little.

Last hard: 16/10

Last rest: 14/10

Parkrun tomorrow, I'd expect, and then the British Fell Relays in Llanberis on Sunday. Got the first leg, the shortest and with the least ascent too - I thought that would mean less quality in the field - but a glance at the FRA website seems to indicate that a lot of the leading national quality runners are leading off. Ah well. Do me best.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

RFJ - sounds horrid hope  its  ok soon

7D Hello

What:12.3 miles  on bike. A little run later if legs allow
    Why: "inspired" by someone on titter
    Last Hard: some  sections of cycle
    Lyrics Yes

Will have to check Paddys recent post

• Absolutely hammering down was the forecast. We've barely seen a drop.

Last year I asked John Kettley directly whether he thought that the weather forecasters took the option of pessimism when presented with the charts and data. He got quite shirty in defending his art, taking the line that a forecast at 3 days out was now as accurate as a 1 day forecast was 20 years ago. It may be so, but it's still not hammering down like the prediction.

Meanwhile, I'm busy watching the Sunday charts.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

alehouse, funny! No it was pretty dry, I had a good run over at Loughton actually. its was just short of 5 and I did 42 mins.

One week left till SNOWDONIA!!!!! 7Daughters that's what OH is tapering for, oh we will be at LLanberis next weekend and you this

lyrics yes.

I have been so busy with the moving of the girls so not been around and not run

much either tbh!

dustin yes I reckon its age because your calves sounds like mine!!

donaldo run well!

rfj hope your back eases

What: abs, squats plank press ups and tai chi this am

why: stretching and strength

last hard: last night - well I stopped running due to a very tight calf actually

last easy: weds

have a great weekend all, oh alehouse, plan is to make a cake this weekend, I know I know I should have done it ages ago......

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Good to see you, Wabo! Hope the calf eases and doesn't cause a problem in Wales.Enjoy baking the cake!

What: 12 mins
    Why: it was enough! Legs didn't want to work. Just generally tired. No niggles etc. That's fine! Went out after heavy rain and enjoyed being out there. Run, then stretch then walk.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

I meant to say that I know todays lyrics, as everyone should! 

• I need to feed mine again this weekend Wabo - thanks for the reminder.

Amazing run this morning. Does anyone else find that when they have a breakthrough like I did on Sunday it seems to be followed by a step up in training performance? It's almost like you breach a plateau (can you breach a plateau?) and are then working from a different level.

Blisters - it will either be wet or dry, warm, mild or cold and windy or not - that's my prediction image

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Evening

What work

Why taking it easy

Lyrics finally yes

Got my bin bag sorted for Sunday. Not long now so nerves will start to kick in soon.

• Blisters - if its any consolation its hammering it down here, has been for 12 hours and the forecasters haven't seen the end yet!

6 miles on TM

• Evening! 

Thought I'd written a long post but it seems to have disappeared! 

LMH: yes, you will improve in leaps and bounds, yet you are no fitter than last week. Confidence. Self belief. Self esteem. 

OH: no HM tonight...not been walking enough lately so strolled south to C via PW  and back. Four miles banked, therefore, not that they would count towards the weekly mileage.