Brooks small sizing - All shoes?

Hi all.

I had read in some reviews that Brooks can come up a bit small in size. Certainly true for the adrenaline GT12s I've just bought. Manageable up to 10k but over that and toes take a battering. Will know for future (I'm a regular shoe UK9, had been getting 9.5 for Saucony but will get a 10 for Brooks).

Interested to know if this is limited to certain style of Brooks or general across the range. Like the look of the latest Pure Cadence 2 for track/interval/up to 10k races, having made the switch and fallen in love with the Adrenaline...

Cheers

Comments

• stu jstu j ✭✭✭

I currently wear Saucony Guide 6 in a size 10 (I am 9.5 in normal shoes) ... and I managed to try the pure cadence size 11 and they felt good size wise.  10 was definitely too small.  unfortunately they didn't have the 10.5 to try.

The only way you'll know is by going to a store & trying them out.

Let me know how you get on though, as I am really interested in switching over to the cadence sooner or later.

• brooks across the range are on the small size

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

i am an 8 in asics gt but recently purchased a pair of brooks t7 and found the 8 just a bit too tight so ended up with 8.5.

• stu jstu j ✭✭✭

there's a good guide via the Shoe Fitr site that compares shoes.

http://shoefitr.com/

it is nowhere near a replacement for trying them on physically, but it's good to know what to expect.

• appreciate the responses.

thanks.

• I thinks it's quite common for a lot of shoes. I always go a whole size up for my Brooks Adrenaline.

• thanks clumsy.. image

Stu J... been reviewing the shoefit guide. very helpful. thanks.

• I have some GTS-11 in size 8, but a longer run today showed up I should probably get 8.5 next (sore toes...). Will it be ok to run in my current shoes for a while longer?
  • Up to you really Owen. Only you'll know how much it hurts. Sore toes from a long run or really rubbing on the front? Mine were just clearly to tight... Should have sent back used for a bit ... doh.

So....

I just went bought some new ones and bought a half size bigger. So I was a 9.5 and I bought a 10. I still use the 9.5s but only for easy runs up to 6 miles and I'll use them for however long they last. But for my distance work (over 10 miles) I'll be wearing the 10s.

Also bought some Pure Cadence.... 9.5 is ok for me in this style.

I promise I haven't bought any others!!!

• My experience seems to differ from most then. I ran a marathon in size 10 Brooks Racer ST5 today and no problems with fit or tightness for me, and I have various size 10 Asics and in the past have had Mizuno and Nike size 10 and all much of a muchness as far as I'm concerned. Even within a given brand it depends on the specific shoe - there's a noticeable difference between my tightest and loosest pairs of size 10 Asics. If anything my Brooks are slightly longer than my Asics but slightly narrower across the toe box.

But then I seem to be in the minority of people who wear the same size in running shoes, casual trainers, smart shoes, and once upon a time football boots too. image

• My Brooks Green Silence are small - had to go up a whole size for them, whereas most running shoes I go up half size at the most (if they do them!)

Vivibarefoot don't do half sizes in the ones I wanted so have to wear thicker socks image