Wednesday 23rd October 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - Shed a tear 'cause I'm missing you

What:              nothing
Why:               still ill
Last hard:       not doing
Last rest:        22/10

Yesterday's lyrics - Bonfire Heart by James Blunt

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Lyrics: nope.
    What: Nothing, other than driving. Staying away tonight, so that will be frustrating: a missed opportunity.
    Why: Mashed.
    Last Hard: Hmmm, let me remember. Was that Sunday?

Good news, large daughter appears to be more alive/less dead today. Nobody else appears to have succumbed...........................................yet.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    Blisters - glad to hear of bug avoidance..........so far...
    RHG - welcome (back!)
    lyric - was wrong yesterday and doubtful today
    what - steady run later
    why - tiredness. Ran out to Green Park yesterday, closer to 2.5 miles. And each loop , according to map my run is about 1.2 miles, so opted for just the 2 circuits but ran hard. Steady run back. Just shy of 8 miles in just under the hour.
    LmH - not sure about portsmouth, need to finalise christmas 'present drop' journeys. bah humbug!
    last rest - friday
    last hard - yesterday

• Little M.iss Happy wrote (see)

You're brave chickadee - I won't have the flu or pneumonia vaccines.

It's my only chance, LMH. I'm very prone to bad chest infections and the like ... the flu jab has kept those largely at bay for the past couple of years. Chest infections + asthma is a pretty rubbish combo and best avoided  ...

Blisters: image

what: 3 miles easy
    why: feeling better
    last rest: yesterday
    last hard: haha
    lyrics: no

• forgot to say hi RHG image

• Me too chickadee with the asthma/chest infections - but I feel rough after the jabs and don't believe in their efficacy, they can only inoculate against certain strains so have to best guess which ones will be around. I had the flu jab one year and not since and (touch wood) haven't had worse winters without it.

Hope you (and the rest of the family) continue to avoid the bug Blisters.

We're fortunate in that the logistics fit our xmas obligations Dustin - hope you can work out how to fit it in.

• What: as yesterday (zilch)
    Why: as yesterday + on call!

Flu Jags - like insurance policies - you hope you'll never need to use their protection.
    also like insurance they don't cover all eventualities

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

feel decidedly jittery about Snowdonia now, but excited as well...

sorry to hear about the lurgies going on here, wishing all better

what: abs  etc done

why: I just do

last h ard: they were

last easy: all week, resting up big time!

have  a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • A'noon

A steady run earlier. in the rain

Then walked dog

Now need to try and get some more CG tickets.

Lyrics: Nope or yesterdays.

Back later

• Don't you take Geordie running with you at all birks?

Relax and enjoy Wabo - it's probably the excitement of meeting OH for the first time!

OH - on call too? Busy, busy, busy.

Definitely feeling better today, long walked Grace and I've been out to the shops - which all seemed like too much yesterday.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

oh I meant to say Alehouse - my cake turned out lovely and made the house smell delicious!! Well I don't actually know what it tastes like I guess but it looks good

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all

What: 2.5 sloooooow miles
    Why: my legs are still mashed, but getting better every day
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Saturday
    Lyrics: nope

mmmmm cake Wabo.
    Good luck getting tickets Birks

Have a good one all.

• Evening

What nowt

Why I have retired my trainers

Lyrics no

After just over 1000 miles I have retired my Hyper 33's and ordered a new pair this morning so I should be back plodding next week.

Apart from my grazes still feeling a bit sore, I seemed to have recovered relatively well,  though haven't tried running yet.

• Tapering ... (well actually stopped!)

RNLI course cancelled tonight due to "shout" so have evening off to get sorted (head and baggage!)

• Evening!

Wabo: hope the cake tastes as good as it smells, and look to a virtual piece in a couple of months time! Bet little one enjoyed helping.

What: just over 30 mins, including a couple of hard 0.5ks...should have been more
    Why: struggled with the faster parts, so opted out. A combination of tiredness, teeth of a gale, not used to running quickly, soggy grass, etc etc. Was disappointed at first but must remember that not long ago 30 minutes on its own was a major achievement.

Lyrics: of course not. I've got one lot right this week which is an achievement!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

been a tad busy over the lst few days, rest day yesterday and 6m today

As usual lyrics is a big fat zero.....

Take care

• Birks

I was just on the 3:15 thread and saw this

(Hmm quoted text isn't working today for me.)

Anyway, go to the Spring Marathon 3:15 thread and check out Ant van Odeio

• Thanks for that, Blisters: have contacted "Ant".

Any joy, Birks, Don, with tickets: I now have athletics, badminton, hockey, hockey, squash, athletics, hockey. And an expensive hotel in Stirling which is usually quite cheap.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

I didnt apply second time around.  Not interested in seeing anything except athletics. 

8 miles tonight in about 62 minutes.  Was really tough goong and so cold!   Tonight I have a sore throat which traditionally will be sorer in the morning. image

Lyrics, why yes, I do believe so. image