Morning.

Lyrics - Know it sounds funny

Uhoh Donaldo - I do hope I haven't shared my germs

What:               easy run
Why:                my RHR is down
Last hard:        doing nothing for three days
Last rest:         23/10

Yesterday's lyrics were Patience by Guns n Roses

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hiya,
    what - easy 4 miles
    why - recovery. Took youngest swim training yesterday and found myself with the best part of 2 hours to kill. So 10.25miles around town on teh quieter lanes, in 85 mins. Steady pace, and my longest midweek run in years.
    last hard - Tuesday
    last rest - Friday
    lyric - think I do

have a super day

• What: Work then RNLI course (but sleep would be nice.)
    Why: busy night on call

Plane at 07:35 tomorrow morning ...image

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hello.

What: something gentle at gym
    Why: legs generally feeling much better, but hip flexor/hammie still niggling so being extra careful (last time this happened I was out of action for months as I didn't take it easy for 1 week).
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Saturday
    Lyrics: yes I think so, 2 versions of this if I'm not mistaken?

LMH how are you feeling
    OH enjoy the course.  What's it in aid of (kayaking or are you thinking of becoming a volunteer?).

Apparently I'm going to get offered a full time job on Tuesday...fingers crossed.

Have a good one all.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

dustin nice use of your time whilst youngest has swim training!  like it

EMzap fingers crossed for you indeed

Feeling a bit nervous about Snowdonia now...

Oh emzap do be careful, I am sure you will

WHat tai chi and nothing else

why: I am being ultra careful and saving my legs until Saturday

last hard: last Saturday

last easy: all week

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • 9 miles d&d with 5k in there at h/m target pace. I like that. Beginning to find my running legs.

I might even have  half hour easy this evening - we'll see.

• Fingers crossed emzap. I'm feeling much better thank you. I actually think that by being more sensible than usual I may have shortened the time I was ill - who would have thought it image Just hope there's no adverse reaction to my run this morning.

Sounds as though you'll be catching up with  your sleep on the train OH!

Getting excited Wabo?

Sounds as though it's coming together Paddy. Did you decide about IM next year?

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Afternoon all. As a (long time ago) poster on here I just thought I'd pop in to say hi and to say that I finally managed to get through the sub-2:30 barrier at Amsterdam last Sunday image

I do pop in for a look very occasionally and see that a lot of the posters I remember are still here, so hopefully you're all doing well!

• Afternoon!

Hi TT: well done in Amsterdam! I noted it on here the other day! Impressive. Now for sub 2:25!

What: 35-40 mins easy
    Why: consistent consistency

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale - Warning - Don't mention 2.25 to Tipp - I did once and just about survivedimage))

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

well done tt

lmh, I am just a bit

lyrics yes btw

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzap - am already a volunteer as lifeboat doc (LMA).
    Was pressganged into service 25 years ago!

Well done ttimage

LM.H
    that's the plan!imageimage

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Cheers all.

alehouse - indeed. It's there for the next time hopefully. I reckon the bit of wind on the day maybe cost me a minute and I very much kept the lid on up until 40km (only 8 of the 30 ahead of me closed the last 2.195km quicker (not that I was particularly quick, but it's all relative) and I even managed a flat-out sprint for 60-70m inside the last km to take another place - he was being stubborn and putting up a fight! image ).

Paddy - it's all about the timingimage (No mentioning anything more than sub-2:25 though! image ).

• I bet you do know these really Alehouse.

Well done TT.

Hope you get a stress free, relaxing journey OH.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

TT - that was inspirational running on Sunday, fully deserved as stated on FB, but massive well done again.

What - my tight for time run / speed session - 1k warm up then fast 5k (on a rolling route esp the 1st 2k (4:13, 4:05, 3:45, 3:50, 3:49) and 1k cool down...
    Why - off for massage in a bit
    Last hard - about an hour ago..(see above)
    Last rest - Tues

Take care

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

LMH - I knew I'd get a virus from the computer one day!image

Not feeling too bad at all today although my throat has gone a bit sore tonight again - maybe just evening throat.

4 miles  earlier in around 29 minutes.  Legs awfy tired.  National XC Relays on Saturday, should be a blast - 2.5 miles of all-out effort!

Lyrics, most definitely yes.

• Evening!

What: 40 mins. 7.25k, with the middle 5k slightly faster than normal.
    Why: probably because I was on the roads, rather than off.

Don: used to love that sort of length relay, even though it is pain for most of the way round! Soon over though!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Cheers LMH/RFJ.