Embarrassing injury

I've been enduring a layoff from running for a week now. It's due to my hemorrhoids which get aggravated now and again by hard exercise such as running. It started 5 years ago when I was 34 years old. Is that a young age to be suffering from such a problem? The only thing I can do is apply some lubrication to lessen friction but it's still too sore for running but from past experience the swelling eventually disapears.

Can't think of many more embarrassing injuries.

Comments

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Anusol cream or surgery.

Either way, the condition's a pain in the arse.

🙂

• Anusol has the best name of anything ever. None of this Lilets or Andrex. It's cream for you anus! They should make tampons or toilet paper too. Fanny Block and Shit Wipe would fly off the shelves.

• Hi.

I am 24 male - I suffered very badly with this problem over last 5-6 years- used to get them younger too..Note I wasn't exercising last few years though and doctors put it down to stress from work- diet mainly and straining.. It really affected me being young and stuff and was bleeding at times whilst walking and doing general things..

Doctors said they hadn't seen anything worse and that they expected this in 50+ year olds..

Anyway I tried all creams and eventually a prescribed cream helped but a high fibre diet was better and learning to relax on the toilet plus drinking water helped (basics really) I was eating a lot of junk food and snacking on biscuits and things..

In the end I had them "banded" big tube up the bum and basically bands the veins/muscle etc and it dies- not had to problem since and been running full time (20-30 Miles a week) since April this year and not even thought about them coming back..

Ask doctors on this advice? Was done in local surgery but had to keep pushing them and saying how bad it was - I vaguely remember some terminology or problems they said but couldn't quote it..

Should be solvable!!

Good luck!
    Pain is weakness leaving the body
  • Scott - you never told us about this ........ I had no idea you had to go through that as well ........... when you said you had roids, I assumed you were talking about something else.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Urgh. Sigmunds are a right pain in the you-know-what.

I had them injected many years ago, by a doctor toting something the size of a knitting needle inside a tube the size of a torpedo. But they soon came back.

Anusol, Preparation H or any generic ointment should keep them under control. The GP can prescribe stronger stuff if necessary. And as Scott says - high fibre diet and good hydration.

(Wanders off humming a certain Johnny Cash song)