Snowdonia marathon 2013

Comments

• ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

I'm just confusing things Brer, various people meeting tonight to say hello in various places. 

Tomorrow night meet is one place for people to celebrate/drown their sorrows. 

Weather tomorrow night not looking conducive to meeting outside, would suggest somewhere under cover.

SS, may we meet at yours up to 7 tomorrow night, and are you able to suggest where to meet after that? Thanks very much.

just about to walk out the door so will be on a smart phone after that, pity I'm so dum really isn't it? 

I wonder how detrimental all the nervous energy I'm using today will be? Probably burn off the pasta I had last night.....

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Been battling a migraine for the last 48hrs, but think it's finally shifted image

Mr panad & I should be at registration 6-630ish tonight all being well, so may see some of you then...if not hopefully we'll see you in the morning!

Safe journeys everyone and hope you all have a great (whatever that means for you!) race image
  • Good luck to you all have a great race hope the weather not too bad get the first place woman Brer you can do it! Xx

• Good luck all , my achilles has been a little sore so hopefully that won't worsen during the race.

In work until 5 today image ,then hit a local pub for a bite to eat to let the traffic die a bit and then a 90 min drive along the North Wales coast to Caernarfon via Llanberris to pick up my number.

• now on train from Manchester Airport to Bangor. Will spend afternoon with middle daughter (bangor uni) before bus to Llanberis.
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭

2.5 hours until I leave for the 4 hour drive...image

Excited though!image

• Best wishes to everyone for tomorrow. I'll be leaving around 2pm for the 2.5 hour drive down. I'll see you in the Pantri.

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Right, tonight 1900 in Pantri it is.

Not sure where we're going to meet Sat night - there's only Y Gwynedd and The Heights if Padarn Lake is closed.  Or a trip up to Vaynol Arms, Nant Peris?  Best pub in the area I know but it will mean several miles of trudging there and back on flooded roads.

Not much serious, MARATHON talk going on!

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

2:55 

• Wilder2  (2nd SNOD)

3:05

• arch stanton (5th SNOD)

3:10

• Stephen Weston 3  (1st SNOD)

3:20

• NOSEMI  (4th SNOD)

3:30

• #485  jason d  (5th SNOD)
    • Ultra Disco Stu  (3rd SNOD)

3:40

• #591 Fieldy  (3rd SNOD)

3:45

• Banterful (1st SNOD)

Sub-4:00

• #408  Lemmy (2nd SNOD)
    • #510  Gurj Dulai  (4th SNOD)
    • #714  BritNick (8th SNOD)
    • #1176  Fenland Runner (4th SNOD)
    • #1244  T Rex  (7th SNOD)

4:05

• #2016  touie 2
    • #2113  pinkbug  (1st SNOD)

4:10

• #947  LoveEndures (1st mara image)

4:15

• Harshad_Patel  (2nd SNOD)

Sub-4:45  

• #458  wrexhamrob
    • #585  Other Half  (1st SNOD)
    • #1411  KingKenny (1st SNOD)
    • #1436  Reydon Rover  (5th SNOD)

Sub-5:00

• #1527  Ash-SP  (1st mara image)
    • #2317  Camlo  Nurse uniform
    • Stilldreaming  (6th SNOD)

Sub-7:00

• #108  Peter John Lewis (19th coaster)

Running round the mountain:

• #545  Mr panad  (2nd SNOD)
    • #879 Steve J  (1st SNOD)
    • #1596  Pete Thomas 6
    • #1661  Chimney  (4th SNOD)
    • #2140  panad  (5th SNOD)
    • #2155  jenf (1st SNOD)
    • #2220 Britrisky
    • #2643  Wabo  (1st SNOD) 
    • brer rabbit
    • Bristol303  (1st mara image)
    • Chrissi
    • Cougie
    • dave williams2  (1st SNOD)
    • Duffs2
    • FlatBoy  (1st SNOD)
    • joesbox
    • John Bach
    • Kandinsky
    • KateF
    • ringo100
    • Stanners from the Bridge  (1st mara image)
    • Strag RouteMaster (3rd SNOD)
    • Tattooed Runner 41

2014 image

• Chrissi
    • koiboy
    • megalily
    • The Lazy Greyhound
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

That's the last list.  Got to do some packing and get going!!

KingKenny - don't like that achilles.  Take enormous care on the downhills - best to walk the offroady bit?

See you soon!  But if not on the 2014 thread which one of you on that part of the list must start before we get back.

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

What's all this about bad weather on Sunday?  I'm doing Moel Hebog and the Nantlle Ridge then ...

• ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

TRex - New thread will be started promise

Koiboy - glad your ok now (my first SNOD was a shocker but it made crossing the finish line last year all that more special)

Safe journeys everyone and GOOD LUCK tomorrow xxx

• Cheers T-Rex, it's a little tender a couple of inches above my ankle no pain. I've been doing the stand on a step and slowly lower heel down then back up on good leg & repeat. Don't feel it at all with a straight leg, with a bent leg I feel it right at the point where my heel is lowest. Then it will feel sore for 10mins after. Hopefully won't get any worse during the run, but will stop if it does.

Safe journeys all. Weather is lovely in the North West today, very mild 16c.

• Just popping by, for those who remember me (and those that don't) to wish you all the very best for this weekend image

Hope the weather is kind and the cakes at Pantri sweet - have fun image

• It's funny how time goes by TR. Have a great run tomorrow all, and enjoy the evening, This event and the camaraderie got me hooked on running, so I'm sure it will be a great day. Looking forward to reading post race stories,
  • Still at work but so looking forward to tomorrow imageimageimage

• panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Hi Frodo! How are you?
  • ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

Hi Frodo - hope your ok

Well we've had heavy showers and thunder this afternoon hoping it's better up in the North of the park.

• I'm good, thanks - gave birth to our son two weeks ago, so a bit dazed and confused by life, but that's to be expectedimage

• Hi Frodo, is that really enough of an excuse to miss the race? Hope all is good, flapjack at the Patri was marvellous and there is a lot of weather here already.

• Congratulations frodo to your little boy x

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

I had lovely scones at the pantri, and copious ammounts of tea! image 

safe travelling people. 

• And you and your partner as well ! Xx

• Just been to collect my number,this afternoon, wow, the weather was pretty exciting, the wind had picked up significantly and the rain was incredibly heavy, hope there are no more landslides over night.

What will tomorrow's weather bring, whatever it is,it cannot be anymore nasty than what I saw this evening, my little Smart car had trouble holding the road near Deiniolen.

Whatever it is, I've seen it all before and am fully prepared with my full waterproof gear.

• ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

oh Frodo thats fantastic news. big hugs to all of you

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Congratulations Frodoimage

I will be in Y Gwynedd from 7pm tomorrow- good beer snd nice surroundings, if a bit compactimage

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Good to catch up with some of the gang in Y Pantri tonight, but where are you T Rex???

• Usual fish and chips pre-marathon consumed. image

See ya all in the morning. image
  • Felt good to have fed a few of you forumites tonight and glad everything was ok. Please don't have the trots tomorrow, lolimage

All the best for the race and hope to see you again after the race.

SS