Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    Philip_M_Jones wrote (see)

On the subject of tops, I was thinking of a custom vest with printing on the back that essentially says "You've been beaten by a vet: give up running and start drinking more beer!" which isn't too catchy and is quite long and then my OCD cuts in and I need to add .. unless of course your WAVA score exceeds mine and then well done.

Any more snappy suggestions?

PMJ - WAVA (80%) goodbye to this VET!

• Options

OO - well done on the trophy. Hope the hip is not so sore.
    Ant - good running in yucky conditions.
    Abbers - rest up and get well soon.
    GM - sounds like you're still recovering from the weekend!
    Mennania - have a good holiday - have you seen Fleetwood Mac yet?
    All the best to Jools on Sunday. Anyone else racing?
    6 slow miles d&d in lovely drizzle.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

6 miles done this morning too. image

jools - have a great marathon. image

• Options

Good luck Jools! give it everything in that last 10k!!

• Options

3 x 1M out the way for 9miles this morning. Glad the hamstrings survived. Easy stuff from now on for a week

Good luck to jools racing this weekend

• Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Recently found a cinder athletics track exactly 1 mile from the office door so tried it out at lunchtime.

1 mile easy run to track - 10 x 400m with 200m recoveries - 1 mile run back.
    Shattered now! All of the efforts were within 1 sec of eachother, so 1.30 and 1.31s all round. Made sure the heart rate went back to 144-ish on the recoveries before belting around at 6min/mile average for the efforts. (that's good for my standard)

A good one to get done. Beer tonight!

Good luck to any racers this weekend (Jools?)

SB

• Options
    moofmoof ✭✭✭
    Nice short reps Badger and nice long reps AR.

I'm going to do a bit of exercise tonight after a week of loafing on the sofa drinking beer. I'm going to walk down the pub.(briskly)

Good luck to Jools on Sunday. Smash that pb!!
  • Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

At Bristol International Airport now.  Fully intend to be at least 190s faster over 26.2 miles the next time I'm here image

• Options
    PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    Best of luck Joolska, may the running gods smile down on you; fingers crossed
  • Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Go well Jools! You can do it!!!!image

• Options

Good luck Jools, hope the plane beats the wind.

• Options

Best of luck and fortune Jools. You've done the hard work, I'm wishing that you manage to avoid the bad luck that can befall.

• Options
    MsEMsE ✭✭✭

I agree.  You've got this, Jools!

But why doth thoust speake in ye olde worlde language, Blistersimage

• Options
    AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Go well Jools, looking forward to your result. Good luck to any other weekend racers too.

Having been following the forecasts for Sunday night/Monday, I'm considering retreating indoors to the dreadmill for my Monday lunchtime session! Feeling much recovered today (thanks for the healing vibes), although everyone else in the house is now coughing too, so the germs seem to be doing the rounds. No exercise since Tuesday, but hoping to get out for something either later today or tomorrow before the storm gets here.

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Good luck Jools, hope the final preps go to plan and you get what you have worked for.

Another 3rd at the parkrun today and 18:15 equalling my best this year- I think that's 81-82 WAVA image The winner was also V50- who just got a silver in the Vets world Champs in Brasil, so no disgrace there. A day for the oldeies...

who else is racing this w/end?

• Options

Jools - we're all rooting for you - hope you smash it!
    AR - enjoy the final week of the taper.
    SB - good consistent set of reps.
    Moof - good recovery walk!
    Abbers - glad to hear you're feeling better. Batten down the hatches now.
    16 slow miles d&d at the usual time this morning. That's 55 miles for week 1 of 32image

• Options

x-post - cracking parkrun and impressive WAVA OO.

• Options

Great time there OO. What time did the winner finish in? How long before you and PMJ are entering the vet world champs?

• Options

Impressive mileage Gul. If this is wk1 of 32 what will your peak mileage be? 180ish?

• Options

Another great result OO - top class WAVAing

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

The winner ran just over 17 mins Slokey, but in the 5k track world champs he ran just over 15 mins!

• Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

OO - Outstanding, well done!! What parkrun was that?

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Whitley Bay, Costa Brava of the North GM...

• Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

OO - image had to google it, looks like a nice stretch of coast.

• Options

Impressive result from OO - I can only dream of an 80% WAVA score

Nice first week there Gul.

Haven't posted for a while as it's been a bit manic at work, but have managed to squeeze a run in every day except Wednesday when I played squash. Suffice to say, I'm still aching from the squash - please can anyone can explain why squash makes your buttocks ache! Also managed to get stung / bitten by a particular vicious insect during the week which has made my leg swell a bit and feel a tad strange. Either that or I'm just getting old.

Ran just over 10 miles to the local parkrun today to marshall (along with younger Lorenzito) and cheer elder Lorenzito and Mrs L along. 

I hope that this is the latest set of upcoming races and I manage not to bu88er the layout up

Oct 20 - Abingdon mara –  Moof - sub 3, DS2 - sub 3.10, Blisters sub 3:15
    Oct 27 - Frankfurt - Jools - sub 3

Nov 17 - Gosport HM - Lorenzo - 1.27.xx (optimistically)

Dec 8 - Newcastle Racecourse HM - Minni - sub 1.30
    Feb 2 - Kaiser HM - MsE first race post-injury
    Mar 16 Barcelona - Barry B sub 3:15 
    Mar 29 - Eco Trail de Paris 80Km - SJ - uninjured completion
    Apr 6 – Paris mara – Mennania – Sub 3
    Apr 13 - VLM - PMJ - 2.4x, Ant - sub 3, Bike It - 3:05, Lorenzo, Minni - 3:10, Abbers TBA
    May 5 - Milton Keynes - Gul Darr sub 3:15
    Jun 1 - Comrades - Poacher
    July 27 - Outlaw - SJ - 10:xx

Finally GO JOOLS GO!!!!!! image

• Options

OK - I've ballsed it up but can't seem to sort it out. image Anyone with better computer skills than me out there?

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

image I hate a messy list.  I'll tidy it up later.  Nice to see we have the same target Lozza but shame we'll be on different starts.

OO - who was your winner?

Run fast Jools. image

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Mr Bracken Minni. Started running in his mid 40's and turns out he's rather good.

Welcome back Lorenzo, glad to hear you are in solid regular training...

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

These are the views in Costa Whitley parkrun...

/members/images/297347/Gallery/1whitley_pARKRUN.jpg