VM London Marathon 2014 - Team MacMillan

2»

Comments

• Hope the weather is kind to you o4s

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • I managed to get a place through the ballot at London marathon , am considering running for macmillian but can anybody tell me what they are like to run for , I already know they are a great charity through. Personal experiences , after the race are your family allowed in the recovery centre and is there showers available ? Any information would be appreciated 

• Others may have more experience with MacMillan than I however my first impressions are that they are very supportive and will do as much as they can to help you.

I can't answer specific questions you raise but why not e-mail them directly.  I am sure they will be able to answer your queries.

This is the first year I have ran for them.  Good luck and fantastic news that you will be running and raising money for a very worthy cause!

• Hi Mark, Macmillan don't have showers in the recovery centre, you're allowed to book two guests in though I have seen Mum and two children join Dad so they may be flexible with younger ones. Supporters aren't really supposed to have the food and drink but tend to get something. The volunteers are amazing and the massage just what you need at the end.

• Good Luck to all those on Team Macmillan for the forthcoming London Marathon. I ran the VLM 5 years ago to raise money for Macmillan after my mum passed away of cancer. From those experiences, I wrote a running novel, Breaking The Wall, which is out now on Amazon Kindle - also helping to raise money for Macmillan. Should you wish to read an inspirational novel during your training, and help with more fund raising, then your support would be most appreciated. Thank You.
  • Mark G5:  the post race recovery centre is brilliant, from the Scouts directing you all the way [and in my case carrying my bag], to the cheerleaders cheering you down the steps, the volunteers, massage, food and drink etc.  No showers but wet wipes provided for a quick freshen up.  Just chatting to other runners and their supporters brings home to you how much Macmillan have helped so many families.  This will be my 5th consecutive year running for them...........................

• Not VLM, but i'm doing the 2014 Brighton marathon for Team Macmillan - anyone else doing that one? 

• ShedboyShedboy ✭✭✭

Hello Im in VMLM 2014 and looking to run for a charity - Missus doing an ultra for fund raising next year too so I presume because I have a place I don't have to get £2k raised (will aim high but not having that kind of pressure would be good).  Going to have a good read of the links here as you all seem a nice friendly bunch image

Already posted on beginners but I am confused what training prog to follow - any advice (4 runs max pw) grateful.  Gosh less than 24 weeks!!!

• Hey peeps!

Just a quick hello from another Team Macmillan runner! I was diagnosed with Melanoma in January (currently all clear) decided I wanted to pay my thanks to the brill Macmillan team.

Charlie x

• Shedboy - what's your running background/current level? If you have your own place there's no pressure at all to raise a set amount for Macmillan - you get the same support regardless.

Charlie - good news!

• Thanks for all the info I have signed up for macmillian hoping to do the New York marathon next year as well, let the training begin , hope to see some of you In London  , good luck to everybody taking part