Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Happy birthday mikasa and buttercup's dadimage

I have made my son a lovely looking cakeimage

mikasa - good idea to volunteer as tail runner - although be aware that you might be walking!

• Happy birthday Mikasa. imageimage

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Thanks guys! image

MC - walking's no problem, I just really want to go and do parkrun and twice now I've just not gone though I've could've. I need to have a reason to go and maybe then it'll be easier to go again. Also it's a perfect excuse to have a slow time, although it might be a lot slower than if I was running it properly. Btw, I have been accepted! 

• that's good mikasa, and once you have been once you are probably more likely to go again!

• Happy Birthday to all those with a birthday today.

Razor, I am sure you will find a running partner and glad to hear the mojo is back.

• Happy Bday Mikasa!

Well after my run yesterday I woke up at 3am with a very sore throat and now have a cold lol dont think my run to work is going to happen tomorrow - feeling quite blah all day.

• oh that is rubbish buttercup, however, the weather is going to be cold and wet so would have been a horrible run anyway! I am thinking of turbo tomorrow morning and run on Wednesday!

• Happy birthday to everyone born on this day in the past...and happy unbirthday to the rest of us.

I did a slow 10K at lunch ...56 minutes...swim tomorrow...

• Happy Birthday! image

Hi Razor, Great to hear you found your mojo. Shame about Horse! You two are such a great team.

Hope you are better soon Buttercup.

5 mile run this evening. Needed gloves and hat!

• That's a fast 10k for me Pete image

Happy Birthday Mikasa image

Lumpty and me will be up for 100miles in Nottingham,

Thanks for the offer Cake, that would be great to join you.

having an early bird swim sesh tomorrow, free cornflakes and tea and toast after, yay

• Chilli, stil running with Horse tomorrow evening but we can't get together as often as we would like. He's only moved 12 miles away but after work the traffic is really bad up to where he lives now. We will still do Parkrun if he is not working .
  • Happy Birthdays all round imageimage!!!!!!

Razor - I feel Horse was slightly selfish with his move. I mean, you two have a reputation to uphold! Think you need to ave a word!

I feel that's quite a swift 10k Pete. Would be happy with that.

Feel better Buttercup. But make sure you do, these things seem to be lingering for a while.

Couldnt manage more than 5 mins on the treadmill without mp3 player tonight. So 50min weight session and 1000m swim instead. Transfer run to Wed am.

It is certainly getting parky Chili! Wrap up warm people x

• it was -5°C this morning.  Even the 4x4 spun it's wheels on the hill.  Perhaps I'll transfer to the mountain bike from now on.

• I think you're sandbagging it pete and you're really like a running superman image your slow is 2.5 mins faster than my PB!!  

Keep being persistant Mrs D!! 

Excellent the Piratey contingent grows for the Notts 100!!

Meanwhile I took a bus and a train and walked the final 3.19 k to work - the 0.19 did me in image was a bit breathless by the time I got to the office!! Stupid man-flu!

• Yes Peteinthehills think that the mountain bike sounds a good idea now for you.

Buttercup take care of your man flu.

I have done my swim this morning arms aching and trying to resist the raving munchies.

• Happy birthday mikasa for yesterday!

Did a bike interval session yesterday lasting 45 minutes, really hard work.

This morning was a long steady 9.3 mile run, love running in weather like today - a bit of light rain image

Steady CJ - I know what you mean, I just don't resist them!! image

• Pete 56min 10k is my PB! Sounds rather nippy up there image

Today I did my first proper swim session since June cos the local pool was being refurbished. Felt nice but I was awfully slow.

• /members/images/712401/Gallery/Domane_0.JPG

Ta-Da finally at flippin last I have a new steed! Not quite an up to date pic as she now has some bar tape on the tri-bars. They will be cut down a bit once I'm used to them too.

First ride out on Sunday 31 miles done with a café stop, over the moon with my new steed but unfortunately it's proven that the engine still requires a lot of work.

You are all putting me to shame with your training and racing but I will get back to it next month, I hope!

• Nice new steed, Alibear. I have white bar tape, but now it has a few scrapes and a bit grey from the unclip falls. My engine also needs some more work.

I have done my swim and Pilates is tonight.

• Ali - nice bikeimage

buttercup, take plenty of rest to get over your cold, my sore throat hung around for ages

think today is going to be a rest day in the end because I have only just got home and have loads to do

• Chilibean wrote (see)

Pete 56min 10k is my PB! Sounds rather nippy up there image

Today I did my first proper swim session since June cos the local pool was being refurbished. Felt nice but I was awfully slow.

ok,ok, maybe its not slow, but it felt slow...it also felt good to be out there for the first time in two weeks since the hill race...if you want slow, I could share my swim times...I'm still doing breast stroke!

Ali, Phwar! Nice Bike! oooh dual bottle holders....mmmhhh...yeah!

(sorry, that just sounds creepy! lol)

• I am jealous of the dual bottle holders, my little bike is so small it can only hold one bottle, so I stuff a small extra bottle in the middle pocket of my top if I need more liquid on a ride, or at worse stop at a shop and buy some more water.

• Oo Ali that's lovely! Worth the wait! Pete, not creepy at all - promise image

Steady - I believe it's proven that you will never be hungrier than after a swim session image Must make more time for Pilates. Really enjoyed it when I went.

El - I too love a pootle out in the rain. Makes you feel 'proper hardcore' too.

High cadence 30min bike done and 25 mins leg beasting after. Legs do seem to belong to someone else now!

• Nice bike Ali image

Yesterday was a weight session in the morning, followed by a night ride session at the local cycle circuit in the evening.  Pretty strong headwind meant it was a tough session.

Recovery ride needed after work today.

• Helloo Eco! How is it being bike focused?

30 min run this morning, all 10.5 min/miles or under... Chuffed! Off to work after some Butter Chicken!

• Without sounding all airy fairy and cliched Mrs D - being cycling focused, and road focused in particular makes me feel like I've come home image

I love every session and can't wait for the next ride.

• Eco - sounds good

I am getting sick of being in stupid meetings at school every night that drag on with no purposeimage

I notice the santa smileys are back!

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Eco - nice to hear you've found something you really like.

No run for me today, too busy doing applications etc. Interview tomorrow but already not sure if I really want the job...image