Clowne half 2013

25th November 2013 just like point out that this race is nearly full.

Comments

• image *rse cheers for the tip off hopefully entering on pay day assuming there are still places.

• Think I`ll chuck my name in there too.

• I'll be there, although from memory I thought it was the 24th not the 25th?  1st time running Clowne and only my 3rd half marathon after leeds and great langdale. Not familar with the course but hoping for a PB. Is it a PB course?

• ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

Think it is the 24th which is the Sunday, pretty sure they won't be running it on a Monday!

i entered, a couple of days before a calf tear. It should just about be ready to run on when this comes around. So if anyone fancy's an easy jog round, come join me.....

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Thfc - wouldn't say it's a pb course (undulating rather than hilly), but I guess what constitutes a pb course is a matter of personal opinion.   Have run it twice and loved the fact that it's so well organised by a local running club.  No unnecessary gimmicks, just a well-marshalled route (eg last year there was a guy shouting out times at halfway point), easy to find from the M1, and well-worth the entry fee.   See you there image

• Still dreaming it's a PB course for the area. image

Chimney wrote (see)

Think it is the 24th which is the Sunday, pretty sure they won't be running it on a Monday!

i entered, a couple of days before a calf tear. It should just about be ready to run on when this comes around. So if anyone fancy's an easy jog round, come join me.....

Assuming there are still places left on thursday happierly join you at the back mate. image

• ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

Hope to see you there then Cake. 

• ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

so, about another two weeks I think before my calf has recovered, then start training for this. I really will be jogging along at the back! 

• chimney, trust that will be a fairly intensive 1weeks training then image. I,ve just pulled a muscle in my back so I,'m sure I'll be joining you. 

• Chimney you did alright the other week down in abingdom and the fitness takes a while to go. I'm sure your going to be fine mate.

• Cheers Cake, think I really should have rested after Abo rather than doing SNOD the following week. Didn't help! 

Been to Physio this morning to satiate my masochistic tendencies. I must be, I pay him to cause me pain. But seems to work and gets me back going quicker.

Thfc, We can all help each other round. 12 Weeks training in one means build fitness Monday/Tuesday, stamina Wednesday/Thursday, speed on Friday, Taper on Saturday, and then race on Sunday.

Sound about right?! 

• Sounds like a good plan to me Chimney.image

• Thought my calf was pretty much sorted, I've been for a couple of 4m very slow jogs with no real issue since the weekend.

That was until I maybe pushed it a tad yesterday by playing on lots of ascent, mud, stone & tree root littered tracks. Was limping badly by the time I got home. image

So absolutely no running at all for me until about 09:30 on Saturday 24th............

• *stern look*

Chimney you won't loss much fitness between now and 24th however you might loss a lot more fitness if your on the injury bench for the next 3 months with your calf take it easy or will chain you to the ground in front of a pub in chesterfield on a saturday night and wait for the local's to run over you like a heard of wilderbeast.image

• You could just chain me to the pub, on the inside, at the bar.....image

Very much noted. Told Mrs C she has permission, no matter what I say, to slap me should I suggest it'll be ok if I go out for ' just a short little jog, it'll be fine....  ' 

• Anybody got their race number yet? Getting a bit worried now as only 1 week to go. Training not going well (work taking up too much time), will definitely be with you at the back chimney.

• I got my number last weekend...I'll also be at the back!

• Hiya. I haven't either. I *think* you collect your number on the day.

I'll be there in black shorts, and green Totley AC top, short dark balding hair, glasses, (unless it's raining), about 5'7" and half a stone heavier than I was a few weeks ago...... image

At the end I'll be as above plus a limp, blowing out my derri??re, and looking like I've done no training.....image
  • Hi Chimney - got my number about three weeks ago ... strange that you haven't received yours?  This'll be my first race of any distance since Snowdon ... will be interesting to see how it goes image

Chimney wrote (see)

At the end I'll be as above plus a limp, blowing out my derri??re, and looking like I've done no training.....image

You'll still be miles ahead of meimage

• Have emailed the organiser SD, I entered 2 days before SNOD so may be after numbers were sent out? 

Looking at the weather, might be a tad chilly next weekend, possible white stuff.......

• I emailed organiser and looks like my number is missing in the post. Presume I will just collect another on the day.  Hope that weather forecast proves to wrong chimney. Will hopefully get out for a decent run this afternoon, that will probably be it then until race day. 

• Very feint chance at the mo Thfc, looks pretty dry after Wednesday. Hard to tell this far out on a small island! 

• Assuming there isn't snow on the ground will probably bike it to this so will be in pirate kit if you want to say hello. If there is snow will flutter my eyelids and ask long suffering wife to give me a lift. image

• Evening, looks like the vague threat of any white stuff has passed, blue skies and sunshine will be the order of the day. With Siberian like temperatures.....

Thfc, organiser said same to me, I'll collect on the day.

looking forward to Sunday. If anyone sees me doing much more than 9.5 minute miles, slap me. And if I'm doing anything under 8 you have my permission to thump me and tell me I'm an idiot! 

See you all there.

• Yes sorry 24th november. Hope everyone is looking forward to it and see you at the second water station just before half way point as that is where i Marshall every year. 

• image Well in that case now we know where you are expect a hug from us all as we pass you.

• Do we put our orders in now Spirieterunner? 

I'll have a large G+T, followed by a pint of Mucky Dick please image

• Pint of the black stuff please?

Just in case there are any folks from the south comming up make sure you pack some warm clothes for after it did snow up here last night bit wimpy snow and all melted but your never know. If we get lucky anyone fancy a snowman building compertition after? image

• Good luck girls and gem's for sunday and will see you from the back as you run off.