Tuesday November 19th

Morning all, 
RFJ, Ale - frustrating and irritating days by the sounds of things
Blisters - good news and prompt service
Paddy - nice swim, hope you're not too prune like this morning after all that time in the water!

what - club night, think its paarlauf
why - its Tuesday
last rest - Friday
last hard - Sunday

Have a super day

Comments

• Morning

What:3M Easy in the freezing cold

Why: Get back into it

Back later.

• Morning.

Thanks Dustin!

Yesterday's lyrics were Weather With You by Crowded House.

That sounds like a stressful day or two Alehouse.

I think you may need to shop around RFJ - whilst it was a few years ago now I'm pretty sure my premiums didn't go up last time I studied full time - and I needed business cover too.

Any races planned NZC?

What:                 easy run
    Why:                  have time but tired - and it's cold!
    Last hard:          13/10
    Last rest:            23/10

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMHimage

Good choice of lyrics by you yesterday. Thought I'd posted but hadn't ! Opps.

• What: badminton and maybe a short run first depending  (work first)
    Why: too much time on my rear end
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest yesterday

AH The Galleon had rather a seedy reputation in my youth (haven't a clue whether this was justified or not) so no - rather the family holidays spent on the Lleyn peninsula

• 2k swam, 2 mile ran - easy easy.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

Its my boys birthday today, my boy being 26!!!

what: abs, planks, press ups etc etc, no running

why: not going to run two days in a row at the moment

last hard: yesterday am ish

last easy: sunday

have a lovely day all, we are off to my daughters house for an evening of lasagne chilli beer cake and footy for the boys b'day!

the Young DUdes were not so young but very good last night!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

alehouse, oh my goodness what a day you had

rfj massive sympathies re insurance companies, have also had a belly full of them lately! They are all thieving.........

OH the oil on the legs sounds a good one.  I went out for my run yesterday morning from work in shorts and t shirt and the guys here said, are you sure?? I said its mild... and then I stepped out, it wasn't quite so mild ha ha !

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

What: rest
    Why: knackered!
    Last hard: getting back on Sunday night ran at least 3 km in Frankfurt airport trying to catch train home.
    Last rest: today but before that last Tuesday

Hello AF stick around, it's good to see you back
    AH that doesn't sound very nice
    RFJ good running at the weekend
    Paddy sorry to hear the calf's still sore
    Dustin, my OH was still at home, so you wouldn't have been able to have a party at my place, well without him knowing.  He'd have probably been keen!
    Blisters sounds like you're healing well image
    LMH I am up in time to set the lyrics, but my phone has stopped letting me type in RW and I don't have time to turn on my computer before work.  Oh which reminds me, last Tuesday's lyrics were Hey there delilah plain white tees (I couldn't post whilst away due to phone!).

Malta was great.  Lots of sun, snorkelling, sightseeing and running.  Running was all short (4-6 km) but hard as so up and down.  Track with a sea view so took advantage of that.  

On the flight on the way home, I got the children's goodie bag (a nice bar of chocolate)...the air hostess thought I was under 16...

Have a good one all.

• A'noon

Wabo: Happy birthday to your 'wean'image (child)

• May try greasing one leg and not the other for short run this evening ... imageimage
    If that leg's pink and other is blue I'll know it's working!
    Also try out new (Merrell) trail shoes imageimage - Mizunos were too narrow! image

Christmas smilies have disappeared again.
    (must be Boxing Day! image )

LOL emzap! Make the most of it

• Hi guys, sorry for being a bit quiet lately but I had a lot of work going on and then I was off to Poland for a week.

Anyway, I'm back and my running is back too image  oh, and I still have xmas smileys imageimageimage

Good to see AF - wondered what you'd been up to when the Berlin marathon was on. It was Berlin where you broke your shoulder, wasn't it?

Ale: glad to hear your mum had an OK day

Happy birthday Master Wabo image

what: 10 miles at 8:35 image
    why: because I can - thank god my injury seems to have gone
    last hard: those back injections image
    last rest: Sunday
    lyrics: no

• Bonus on the flight there emzap image

20 more miles for me today - making the most before the weather gets bad. Definitely colder today but still, bright and dry - you keep that snow to yourself OH!

Good news chickadee.

Have a nice time with the 'kids' Wabo.

• Afternoon...or is it evening? Nearly dark!

What: around half an hour later, most slow, may be some a little quicker.
    Why: trying to be consistent and progressive.

Lyrics: no

Good to see the "Germans" back! Had to smile at your kiddies' bag, Emz. Did you get to pay half fare?

Wabo: enjoy! Doesn't seem long since my 26 year old Jack was born!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • A:B Test (or R:L testimage )

3 mile circuit with some snow on ground and brisk wind.
    No rain, some puddles
    R leg vaselined, Left leg bare.

Results: both legs still present and pink at conclusion of test. image
    Right leg definitely felt (marginally) warmer on all sections of route
    (tail wind, headwind, right crosswind and left crosswind)

Merrell trail shoes seemed comfortable too. image

• Other half - Use Olive oil - it works! It is also good because when you massage your legs before you run it warms the muscles up too. Even some on your stomach too - even though that is covered - if you are breathing in cold air it keeps the lungs warm. Good if you have asthma. Guess it helps to relax people with that condition.

alehouse - you did have a day from hell yesterday - good that it is behind you!

wabo - sounds like you are having lots of family fun.

Emzap - so how old are you!

Little Miss Happy - you must be feeling really good at the moment - doing some great training.

I'm in between marathons, and it is track season, but I'm not ready for it yet but there is either a 1500m or a 10,000m track event I could do on 1st Dec - but that's not far away is it! And I don't think walking and a couple of stride outs will help a lot!

chickadee - good to see you back running.

What - 8 stride outs with daughter

Why - good to do something different and really happy daughter has the motivation to have a go - she definitely got me out the door this morning!

• Good news all you hardy peeps. I'm not even convinced that I want to put the bins out, and it's mild by comparison.

• I'm enjoying being comfortable on these LSRs NZC but not sure how it's going to work out on marathon day, you just never know do you? It's great that your daughter is so enthusiastic and that you can share it.

Right - shares in Vaseline it is then OH image

• Evening!

LMH: NZC wants OH to boost the Greek economy. Someone has to! And some great long runs from you recently!

What: 34 mins slow. None fast. Worst run for a while.
    Why: ankles very stiff. Pleeease remind me to stretch and flex!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • weather warmed up (4.5°C and wet) - now have Thunder and Lightning!
    and lights flickering!

I can now see a trial with olive oil on one leg, vaseline on other coming up!image
    Got an email from the RO today suggesting longs are not worn on first half ("as you are going to get wet"! ... recommending that they are left in the drop bag at 25k.

• alehouse - at first I didn't understand the Greek comment. Most runners in Auckland only wear shorts, although these days a bit longer.

I remember my brother in law thinking what a waste of good olive oil - and probably others would say why don't you just use body lotion - keep the olive oil in the kitchen! But it does work, and I'm sure it has helped keep injury at bay over the years and protects you from the cold - it was something an old running coach told me about when I was a girl. Guess they didn't have a lot of running products in those days.