BB's kitchen

Comments

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I was another one that was never on this thread but when I first joined RW - Beebs made me feel very welcome and encouraged me to participate on the threads.

I'm really sorry to hear of her loss. I saw that her family have been sent a beautiful bunch of flowers. Thank you to Little Ninja for organising.

• Remember meeting BB at Sodbury Slog some years back.

Enjoyed the occasional banter between the 'kitchen' and Radio Worcestershire.

Sad loss.  'kk'

• You are all leaving such lovely words about Beebs. It's become so apparent that Beebs family have no idea how much people thought of her so if anyone wants to share a few thoughts / happy memories about Beebs we can give to Beebs family, I'm sure they will appreciate it.

• Another oldie returning to the forum to pay my respects.

Beebs was friendly, fun, and kind. I'm very sorry to hear of her passing.
  • Hiya stranger.. Since when were you old ?
  • Another voice from the distant past here. Bune kindly told me the sad news. Cathy was always lovely to me, especially when the vagaries of internet life got to me! She and her husband often visited the New Forest, where I've lived for six or seven years, and we almost met up a number of times, but somehow never quite made it; I very much regret that. Dear family of the lovely Beebs, I am so, so sorry for your loss xx
  • This is such sad news and hard to take in, but how she would have loved seeing all these old friends popping by. There are names I've not seen around for many a year

• We really appreciate all the support from Cathy's many many friends and although I had only met relatively few of you, Cathy was always telling me about what you were up to - I was very much aware of how well-liked she was with her fellow Kitcheners.  I would have posted on the 'underground' kitchen, but had no idea how to access it (happy if anyone wants to cut and paste this across).   If it helps people to know, Cathy died with no obvious signs of distress whatsoever.  I think she had fallen asleep on the sofa after I'd gone to bed (she was always doing that!) and came to bed around 3.30.  She hadn't woken me when she came in and had undressed quietly and put her clothes neatly in a pile. When she got into bed I went to give her a cuddle and there was just no response.  The initial post mortem has been inconclusive, although it appears to have been a heart problem - over the coming weeks they will look in more detail, just in case there are risks for her relatives and our children.  My darling, darling Cathy, the last 30 years with you have been wonderful.

BD/Blond dog/Mr Beebs/Jonathan 

• Hi Jonathan,

It's so hard to believe Cathy could have had a heart problem when her gorgeous, big, loving heart was one of the best things about her.

I copied your message over, and will send you a PM via FB too. It may end up in your Others Folder.  That's Inbox Others.

We are all thinking of you. Beebs was such a proud wife and mum.

Ninja

• Thank you, Jonathan - it is so thoughtful of you to have posted that message. X

• Yes it was indeed.

Frodo - you need to change your name to Hobbitimage

• JjJj ✭✭✭

Oh Jonathan. ¦'o(

A daft tale. Yesterday I was tidying my bedroom, and thought to myself how much bigger it looks when it's tidy. Then I remembered Cathy and how we giggled over my "capacious boudoir" - I even googled the phrase, and there we are...

• Thank you so much for posting, Jonathan; that must have been incredibly difficult and it is very much appreciated. One thing we will all remember Cathy for was the absolute love she had for her family. My heart breaks for you and my thoughts are with you all. Tara x

• Thank you Jonathan.  It does help and I'm grateful you have told us. X

• My deepest sympathy Jonathan. You may not remember me but we ran some of Abingdon together back in 2004. I've been looking back at photos from that day and remembering the special gift that Cathy had of instant friendship. She was such a warm person to be around and I know Mrs SVT also really appreciated her company during those couple of marathons they shared as spectators.

I can't think of anything else to say other than that we're going to miss her and we're really sorry for your loss.
  • So long since I've posted here, I struggled to remember my password. Thank you for posting here Jonathan, and I've seen the message via FB as well. Still adrift with the news and thinking of you all.  I hope over the next few days, weeks and months seeing what an impact Beebs had on so many people will help you all in some small way. XXX 
    PS Hi TDS- big hugs to you and the chipolata xxxx

• Really appreciate you taking the time to post this selfless update Jonathan, thank you very much. 

You and your family are in my thoughts 

• Thank you for posting this, Jonathan.  I find it  comforting that she left us peacefully and that she was with you, her great love. We will all miss her fun, her laughter, care are and support and her defining characteristic - her immense love for her family and sheer enjoyment of being at the heart of it. Our loss is as nothing compared to yours, and your children's. We miss her and we will miss her always.

• Hi Jonathan and thank you so much for posting here.  I too find it a big help to know that Cathy died peacefully and that she was with the person she loved most out of all the people she loved. 

• thank you for posting that BD X

• just had a read back.  BD some of the people on here have not posted on RW for years.  

• Jonathan, how lovely to hear from you and I echo the sentiments of everyone on here

M x

• A lovely post. Thank you for letting us know. Everyone's said things much more eloquently than I could. Xx to you and your family.
  • Will always remember beeb's for the amazing spreads she put on at the Windsor half. BD I only met you once or twice but you seemed like such a lovely couple. I hope the memories you have of your time together will bring comfort at such a difficult time. X

• Jonathan thank you for posting that, it really is a comfort to know that she died peacefully.  I can't imagine what you and the family must be going through.  So very sorry for your loss.

Cathy was so full of warmth and laughter and she touched so many lives.  She will always be missed and remembered whenever the rest of us meet.

• ...I think when we do meet in the future, we should each wear an item of purple image

It's lovely to see so many familiar faces in here again, I remember this and the Runner's Arms being two of my favourite threads and I've made so many good friends through both of them. 

*waves back to FL*. my little chipolata is waving too. Yeah I know that sounds wrong but I think Cathy would have chuckledimage 

• Thank you for your message BD xx

Still bringing people together ... so many happy memories in here .. so good to "see" you and hear your good news TDS xx

• Good to see you too B...and thank you image x

• I wondered why this thread was active this last week.

Very sad news indeed. I did not know BB.I only knew her RW persona and inviting us into her kitchen suggested, to me, a warm hearted, sociable woman.

My genuine sympathy for her family.