ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Oh...I don't count the 2009 result, it was def. A short course.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Mr P - how are the legs today? I'm sure you'll take any aches and pains given the performance!

How did the boss like those apples?!image

My cold has improved but I'm might bunged up. I won't go into any details, just google  mucus image

• I felt good Malcs, but towards the end of the day my hamstrings were hurting a bit.  Boss did 15 yesterday, and seven on Saturday and Friday image.  He never talks about times though.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Sounds like you've come out of it quite well Mr P - another sign you're in good nick.

Is the boss man doing any races between now and April? You'll have him, you know you will and on the off chance that you don't you'll have your sub 3:30 to console yourself image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

imageimage Mr P !! Great race report, n the photos are stunning. May have to put on my list to do, although if its pelting down with rain as it usually is in Wales it may not look as pretty!  Yep, Mr P for a VLM 3.30 !!

Well I've clocked up a few miles in the last few days. 19 saturday ( meant to be 18 but I got lost in forest again!)  steady 5 on sunday , and a speedier 5.5 last night in club run with the big boys image and I'm feeling GOOD! Weights this eve as a rest!

Malcs really hope your mucus free by Friday! and good luck littlemissactive n Sticky88, I hope you all have a really great day.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Jen - I'm in awe! How do the LSRs progress from now on and when do you go into uncharted territory?! image

Lost in the woods *again* eh? People will be starting to talkimage

Many thanks - it's looking good on the slime front. Did a nice brisk 3.5 miles at lunch and managed to clear the airways a bit. They will need to clear a bit more if I'm to survive Steve's 5K time trial!

• Thanks jenf! I'm really looking forward to friday image

What marathon are you training for jenf? I assume you are training for one, but 19 miles on a saturday could just be your usual weekly little jog image.

Malcs, Steve's 5k sounds real scary now...that might help curb my excitement level somewhat...image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Well done Mr P.  Fantastic racing. image

• Thanks Minni, Jen image.

Good luck on Friday everyone, I hope the cold goes Malcs, I have caught one after holding out for a long time, I expect my immune system is a bit low after Sunday. 

That's good mileage Jen.  That part of the coast has quite decent weather, it is far enough away from the proper mountains to not have typical mountain weather.

In coincidence news, there is a new VW ad on tv, and it is partly filmed in Llandudno of all places.

combination of recovery and cold means no session tonight, but I'll try to do something tomorrow night before thursday's club night.  

Next race is stockport ten, only done it once before, in 2008, so it will be interesting to see if I can beat my time then. it is the day after our work Christmas party so I might not even get there.

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Morning all. Nice little 'recovery' session on the weights last night. Back out for a 12miler this afternoon. I'm dabbling on the dark side Sticky, I want to do an ultra March next year, but I'm going to see how these old legs cope! I'm also in VLM.

Malcs uncharted territory isn't for a while yet, I've another 18 this Sat, followed by a 5 on the sunday, then a 14 + 10 ( a mini taper week) , then a few weeks of 20 +5, 22+ 5 and I've not really looked too hard at plan beyond that, but there are a lot of 26 numbers around!!

Don't panic about Steves 5k Sticky, they are far more interested in you being able to follow instructions than about speed. Listen, smile and do what you are told image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Jen - it all sounds very exciting! A friend of my brother-in-law runs ultras and he swears by the back-to-back runs for endurance building. Sounds like you're doing exactly that. 

Mr P - sorry to hear about the cold. There are loads of bugs going around at the moment. At least it isn't one of those vomiting ones. My cold is sorted now, I just need to clear the passage ways so I can breathe properly. I only really felt crap for 2 days - those are the kind of colds I like (in and out with minimal fuss). Hope yours is the same.

Sticky - echo what Jen said. There were a few in our group last year who completely destroyed us for speed. By us I mean myself, Sarah and Ady. I'm not saying the other guys didn't stick to the brief but it's not necessarily the fastest that make it through as only the 3 of us (plus Reg, who was slower again) got the nod.

Minni - always nice to see you!

• Thanks jenf and Malcs. I'll behave and do as I'm told this friday image

Wow jenf, good luck with the ultra and VLM! I've been trying to go into VMLM for the past 3 years. I always wanted to do a marathon, and always assumed London would be my first... 3 marathons later, I'm still trying to get into London...

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Good luck on Friday everyone!

• Thank you DS2! We're on to counting the hours now...image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

DS2 - good to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time, much appreciated!

Got any runs in this week? 

• Good luck for tomorrow everyone who is going. Hope you have your sound bites ready for the camera! Just make sure you enjoy every minute. Can't believe it's been a year since the last one.

I have a half marathon in Lancaster this weekend. I am going to use it as an indicator of how much work I need to do for London though I am trying to pretend I don't gave a cold at the moment. My usual cure of red wine, steam rooms and vigorous exercise seems to be working! Who on this thread is doing London. I think there are a few of you....
  • Stan Trinket wrote (see)
    Good luck for tomorrow everyone who is going. Hope you have your sound bites ready for the camera! Just make sure you enjoy every minute. Can't believe it's been a year since the last one.

Thank you Stan! And thanks for reminding me about the interview, I tried very hard to 'plan' what to say, but I can't seem to 'get going' with the planning! image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

I've been thinking too Sticky but then you don't know for sure what question they'll ask. If I had to bet it would be something along the lines of why are you here and what you hope to get out of the day.

Stan - good luck with the half marathon! "red wine, steam rooms and vigorous exercise" ? Not all at once I presume? image

DS2, Minni, Jen, Tigger, Angela and Mr P are all doing VLM I believe.

• Anyone that didn't get into this might have a go at the competition on RunLounge for coaching for and entry to Brighton Marathon and a week's warm weather training camp in the Algarve, entry open until next week - https://www.facebook.com/runlounge?v=app_194975693850063&rest=1

• I hope you're all out on the piss tonight and having a kebab on the way home?

• Feeling a bit nervous about tomorrow now, I think on one hand all will be fine then on the other, I don't really know what to expect and anything could happen image

Will give it my best. 

Looking forward yo having a cracking day though and meeting loads of like minded people. imageimage

Tim

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ha ha image

I can do that 3 nights on the trot Mr P, tonight will have to be a rest night ready to start the cycle again on Saturdayimage

Tom - thanks, looks very interesting!

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Enjoy every minute tomorrow. It's a great day and quite jealous image

Malcs - actually ran 2 days running for first time since May - and pain free to boot. Pretty happy. 

• Already posted on 2014 thread, but good luck to those going to BC- enjoy, and should be a great day.

Malcs- seems like you are almost the coordinator for everyone image

Sorry for not being around much, busy t work, and sadly nothing new to report here....

Looks like everyone else doing well though- keep it up!!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Clive - many thanks. I just wanted to pass on my insider knowledge - I feel I have a head start knowing what's to come.  

No need to apologise!

DS2 - cheers! Really great to hear you'e pain free. And two runs on the bounce is a great sign too!

• I've been lucky enough to get a place at this years bootcamp in the sub 3 cat. It's great to hear people's previous experiences on this thread like from Knightrider.

I hope I've got what it takes (whatever it may be!) to make the cut so I too can share what will be an amazing journey through running!

On my way to Birmingham now nervous and excited!
  • Ha ha Clive, malcs is like a pied piper. We 're following obedientlyimage

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

How was the day people?

• It was AMAZING!image How many superlatives can I use to describe today?

It was a great honour meeting Mara Yamauchi, she talked about nutrition and mental strategies, a wealth of knowledge! Such a lovely person!

Love the track sessions. The pacing strategies made so much sense.

My speed session was nicely sandwiched between gait analysis and physio. Work those flutes! Yes Sarah, working my flutes image

Such an amazing team of people, can't thank them enough for the day! Met a lot of people off here and twitter, like long lost friends! Of course we know Malcs was there as a mole for RW image, but he's very good at it, if you ask him, he' all just deny it...

We weren't interviewed, whoopee! Not complaining...

Fantastic day, still on a high, lots of new friendship made for sure image