Mundane thread

Comments

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Ooh! Yes please GFB - I've been meaning to try that image

I have my timetable for my first two weeks at work. It's all feeling very real now *gulp*

• I a distinctly unproud of myself day, have been off college poorly for a week and a half, meant to play catch up today so I can go in tomorrow and I've achieved nothing more than the washing up and a shower - big fat fail

• It's actually really, really good! Weird idea but nice!! Fooled the grand kids muahaha!! image

• No point in beating yourself up solb, it never works, only leaves you feeling worse. If it's any consolation, I haven't even done the washing up - stops to think, well I did a bit of the washing up.

I have been making balls, I'm pretending to be working.

My Wiggle order is being delivered tomorrow, so I'll have to skip school myself. Will just have to make more balls.

Need to googlethe strange chocolate thing.

• Chocolate guacamole image  With a fish milkshake to wash it down?

(((SOLB))) be nice to yourself.  I'm looking forward to giving you a mahoosive hug on Saturday.

Ultra Bookie wrote (see)

I'm trying to decide which mug(s) to take to Birmingham. I sort of see this as an opportunity to buy a new mug(s). I like mugs. 

*whistles innnocently*

• Blimey Santa is taking it to the wire this year...

• Elves need a rocket underneath them around here. image

Lucky GFB 2 presents.

My two favourite matching mugs are still missing since we moved. I think they are probably in the loft in a box somewhere. They were just the right size and weight to sit in my hand with a steaming mug of tea.

Hope you get Haribo in your Wiggle order Mousey.

• I think Santa has been drinking too much sherry. He's getting old and forgetful.

It would be nice to see some Haribo in my Wiggle order. I get silly stuff that I don't want like Hi 5. image 

• Morning.

Well the Haribo arrived safely. Can't believe how much this lot cost. 

So, do I go to school for 2 hrs or do I get this thing finished and in the post and then go swimming. Did I mention the new hand paddles I treated myself to?

No, there weren't any new leggings in the order but there were socks. I always struggle to find pairs of socks. I need to get one of those little sock bags.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday and awol mugs reappear.

• Morning. 

Glad your stuff arrived with Haribo. I am indifferent to Haribo. Socks are great though image

I have cake making stuff. Just need to decide what sort of cake it will be. One thing is sure, it will be a chocolate sponge, just not sure what shape yet.... Playstation, Tardis, unmade bed...? Decisions, decisions... 

• Morning all - doing a bit of online shopping - in case anyone is looking for bargains on some nice wine for Christmas - Tesco Wine by the case have some very good bargains at the minute - they have up to 50% off cases and then another 25% off when you buy 2 x cases of selected wines...I've just bought a really nice couple of cases (a really nice Reserva Sav Blanc and a Pinotage for £45 including free delivery! that's working out at £3.75 a bottle...image )...I am not on commission image

• image I like wine but sarah doesn't drink so realistly if I got some I would have to drink a whole bottle on my own which isn't clever.

In mundane news this morning I've been plotting. image Just checking what times are fonk's coming round on saturday? Wondering when I can go on a mission for something. image

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

I've accidentally bleached my eye. I can't recommend it unless you want to go method on piratey eye-patch wearing.

widow hog-mouse wrote (see)

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday and awol mugs reappear.

I read that as owl mug *blinks blurrily* 

• MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

I like wine too image 

I also have blurry vision.  The two are not related, I hasten to add.

• I am not that keen on wine, prefer to mix it with something so it is less acidic.

I need to get some jobs done the list is ever growing.

• Cake wrote (see)

image I like wine but sarah doesn't drink so realistly if I got some I would have to drink a whole bottle on my own which isn't clever.imageimage

You do know you don't have to drink the whole bottle in an evening, don't you, Cake?!  Bottles can be sealed...image

• image but but then it might run away surely?

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

The concept of leftovers is one Cake does not subscribe to image

I have too much to do, and as such have done nothing. It's been one of those days...

• I had an afternoon off.  Went shopping for an hour or so at 1pm and it's now 7.30.  I must have been abducted by aliens who wiped my memory.

• I did visit a cheese shop though image

• Morning all, the site has let me back on after a week of refusing to load no matter what computer I usedimage

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Morning!

I've just been for a run. It was short, shoeless and painless (yay!!!), and there was a sheepish postman at the end of it (as well as grubby feet...). I was actually standing by the door when the Red Card of Doom came through. The cheeky sod hadn't knocked! I chased him down the road wafting the card and shouting "Excuse me! Mr. Postman!" and he dutifully gave me my parcels. 

I'm now having a cuppa to recover from the excitement image 

• Welcome back Jus. Was it just RW? They keep playing with the site. No one ever notices any improvement though.

My monitor is too bright today, that may mean that it is too gloomy. image 
    Another drab grey day, the heating is on, it's on that * sign and it's still on. At least I'm not wearing 4 jumpers. I have a toasty warm baselayer on. I knew it was good for something, image

I really need to do stuff today, rather than just sit at the pc. I know I have been making stuff but it just feels like I'm being lazy. I don't feel like I've done anything unless I've done outdoor physical labour.

I'm very busy trying to sort my monitor out,image Honestly I am.

• Morning all. image

Cheeky postman, Bookie! At least you got your parcels and a run. 

Welcome back Jus.

My pc keeps having freezing episodes. I'm forever turning it off and on again. Might be time for an upgrade.

The sun is just coming out here and it's incredibly mild - compared to the start of the week it is anyway.

We all watched Logan's Run last night. Excellent vintage 70's cheese. image

• image All postmen are checky. image

Not seen logan's run in years is it still as good but retro as I remember?

In mundane news last night me and bookie watched the rest of game of thrones and it was very exciting.

Glad to have you back Jus.

• A parcel arrived for me yesterday. (Well went to the post office to pick it up after I got a red card) My OH was at homeimage

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I think posties have developed an aversion to knocking/ringing doorbells. 

I forgot to update you on the bin I accidentally stole! Cake is now a key player - he told the next-door neighbour's handy man (the house is being renovated) that it was their bin, so now they've got it. The neighbour's bin did disappeared several months ago, but I think this particular bin belonged to someone down the road... A game of bin pass-the-parcel is unwittingly being played! 

• Ohh, bin pass the parcel, sounds fun.

I have spent ages looking at savings accounts etc. The end result is, they are tosh. So now need to go back to exploring pensions. I really should invest.

• Logon's run is excellent, Cake. You must see it again! Quite funny now but quaint in a retro way. image

I'm still parcel-less. I must've been a bad small this year image