Inskip Half marathon 2014

This years race was full by christmas 2012 and 60 of those where from the runners world group and we had 400 entries . The way things are going we will be full by the end of october early november so dont leave it to late if you want a number. We have raised the limit to 500 as the race seems to be getting popular with club runners aswell as people doing it to keep fit and for charity. This year money raised will be going to one of my club runners charity and to a lady I met at a run who is running 69 10ks in 69 weeks to raise 69,000 pounds to fund the making of to false legs for a 3 year old boy who lost both his legs to meningitis called Luca. If you want to have a look at the charity just go to www.facebook.com/10ktouroftheukfor2legsforluca . On the day if possible please being a spare pound and put it in Dee's bucket so she can reach her target. Cheers Alan T.

Comments

• Just like to say good luck to Stewart Robinson who was this years winner and record holder. As he got the call up to represents his country this week in Canada at the Toronto marathon GOOD LUCK Stewart and see you in Jan 2014.
  • We have reached 350 entries in the race so far and predict by mid december the race will be full so dont leave it to late.
  • Hope I can do this Alan. Will look at it after payday!

• You know it wont be called of unless there is a foot of snow on the course. Be good to see you not seen you for a while and hope you and family are ok. Are you over for the ruddolf race this year. I hope this young lady does'nt mind but its the first time we have had a Irish singing legend in the race Sinead O'connor had to look twice but its true.
  • Alan -we`re all well thanks. The girls were cheering me on at the Hutton 10 and I noticed you were in the photo with me on running pix:-

http://www.runningpix.co.uk/Roadpics/Preston10_1369D/large-282.html

Hoping to get at least one of us running Rudolf`s race. I`ll look out for you!

• Well spotted, not my best run with bad back and knee. Not ran since then have been to phisio twice this week and found that my right hip is out of line so have been pulled and pushed hopefully back into shape.
  • Well thats a first just had someone private message me to see if there are still places and will enter, and sell there helsby number so it must either mean that inskip is faster or better value for money or both.
  • I've signed up for the Inskip Half and I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm probably going to be the last runner to finish so you better save me some hotpot!!image

• Sloth dont think you will be the last, there will be plenty of hotpot as I accout for every runner and more just incase. As you can see on my first post there is a lady called Dee Clarke running for charity and she only does 10ks at the moment so you will be fine.
  • Hi Sloth

My wife is attempting her first half and she is 70 years young.

Watch out for her flying past you ( I do not think!)

You may have a partner.

• Its great to see people pushing thereself and trying to keep fit, but lets not forget that this event is in the middle of winter so please if you are going to be out for a long period of time please dress for the conditions, leggings- hat- gloves- and windproof jacket, as its not the cold that gets you its the wind chill. If it is a very cold day I may need to put a cut of time on the event of 13min mileing as I have to think about the marshalls and my water station helpers who are out there for a long time. Lets hope for great weather and for all to reach there goal on the day cheers Alan T.
  • The best ever runners world entry yet 99 so far, The next person to enter will be number 100 and will receive a free entry to the new Valiants Half marathon on the 19th April 2014. And I will post the lucky winner on here.
  • The winnner of the free entry is Michael Exton of Sheffield. The number and info will be ready for you on the day of the inskip race when you pick your number up.
  • Cheers Alan! (It`s my birthday today and this should be a terrific pressie!)imageimage

• Cool, well, hot pot is why I enteredimage  That and the good reviews! It will be my second half so I'm hoping to cut a load of time of my first, which I did with two sore feet. But I am a slow runner who prefers running in the cold to running in the warm.  I'm going to start running to work (8 miles) once or twice a week to get my training miles up for this event.

@irregular - wow your wife is amazing. She probably will speed past me!

The Valiants Half sounds like a great run! If I didn't already have a half planned in April, I'd drive up for it.

• Sloth what was your first half time and where at, And Michael I could not believe it when I saw your name on the email that we receive from runners world. Its easter weekend for the valiants so are you over at the outlaws.
  • Wow so I only started posting in here hoping for a bit of light hearted banter and to tall about the event. I'm almost starting to feel unwelcome at your event, Alan. I hope other slow runners don't see this thread. 

• Hi Sloth I am asking for your time and where as a matter of interest so I can add some engouragement. When I first set of running I was 18.5 stone and had never ran in my life so I know how hard different people work to reach there goals. As you will see on the day of the event that I make everyone welcome and try and talk to as many people as possible and never make anyone feel unwelcome.

The event is a rural flat/slight undulation on country roads with very little traffic. 3 well supplied water stations with 330ml sports cap bottled water and at the end you will receive a hat-medal-big bar of chocolate and the Hot pot dinner what a bargain. Hope you feel welcome now sloth and enjoy the event like all the runners did this year take care and keep training hard and you will get that PB.
  • Hi Sloth

I have completed the run previously and can endorse what Alan states.

My wife is training for the Rome Marathon in March and I will be pacing her around the this course.We selected this event due to its friendliness and the fact that it is virtually flat.

I think we can achieve the mileage time which Alan has previously stated and if we do not it will not be from lack of trying.We have experimented with the Gallaway "walk-run method" and have found that his advice achieves a better time than attempting to run the whole thing!

What the hell its only for fun?

• Met Alan at a few races, even managed to out sprint him at a couple of the Welcome Tavern races, and got to say he is a lovely welcoming chap. I am an unattached runner and don't often stay behind after races but I usually do at Alan's races.

• alan taylor 6 wrote (see)
    Sloth what was your first half time and where at, And Michael I could not believe it when I saw your name on the email that we receive from runners world. Its easter weekend for the valiants so are you over at the outlaws.

That`s the plan Alan! And if these pony rides are available, we`ll all have a great day!

• To be honest, I felt like you were giving me the third degree! So much so that I almost decided not to come.  This was the opposite to what I was expecting considering the excellent reviews of the event. 

But I don't give up that easily. I'll be there (as long as we don't have a snowstorm that weekend)!

• Hi sloth, Thats the trouble with faceless communication today, We all read and take thing in differently. If we get chance to meet you will find I am not like an SS officer and more like a circus clown. And max are you sure you have beaten me or did you just pass me on my warm down;-).
  • Ha ha. To be fair I did see you way ahead in the distance at Preston 10 image

• I'll need to get training proper, because if you can see me there is allways a chance you can catch me. Are you running over the christmas period.
  • A couple of times, whilst in Penwortham over the holidays, I`ve been out and done 10+ miles on Xmas day. Last year though, I realised I was being a bit daft and selfish but I`ll get out for a few miles. Last year, I did see a few other runners and was amazed to see how grumpy they were.

Max - P10 was one of my best races this year with a big PB of 72.##

• Had a cold at P10 and struggled a bit for a 77:xx. Had been targeting sub-75 but that will have to wait image

Down in Shropshire for Xmas and running Weaton Aston 10k on 27th December. Training has gone well since P10 so all being well with have a good run. It is then Central Lancs Half followed by Inskip. Should keep the xmas bulge at bay!

• As you know money from this years race is in aid of a Cerebral Palsy charity and a lady called Dee Clarke who is raising 69.000 pound for false limbs for a young boy who lost both his legs to meningitis. This year the photographer, a ladie called Pam Hardman is willing to let people purchase there photo by going to either Dee's or Nicola Unsworths just giving page and donateing as much as you want. To get your photo just email Pam with the proof of donation and she will send you photo easy and all for great causes.
  • Four of us coming from DH runners in Carlisle on the lookout for a new year pb, looking forward to it! 

• Hi Stephen, we have a good few from the Carlisle area would your mates be Andrew - Paul and Ian , which one of you is the quickest as Ian has put 1hr 20mins not to shaby.