Grindleford Gallop Derbyshire

Just signed up for this race as near to me wonder if anyone out there is doing it too?? If so what training are you doing as now less than 15 weeks to race day!image

Comments

• March 9th is the date......

• Done most of the route in training its a right killer though pleasant on the tops......anyone else going to be there?image

• Yep, I'm in. Although I was under the impression it wasnt a killer !! I was planning on running a couple of sections myself in training, which bits would you recommend ?

• It is a little brutal. Not exterminator brutal buts its not easy. Hilly, lots and lots of styles to climb and long
  • I know a couple in my village who cant do this lovely race if anyone fancies it message me.......................Saturday March 9th Grindleford in the Peak District.image

Route Summary

Covering approximately 21 miles and 3000ft of ascent the course takes in the villages of Grindleford, Froggatt, Eyam, Great Longstone, Edensor and Baslow linking them together with paths, tracks and open moorland of the White Peak. Famous landmarks on the way round include the Riley Graves, Longstone moor, The Monsal trail and of course the stunning Chatsworth Park estate. The final high-level section along Baslow and Frogatt edges gives breath-taking offers of the surrounding peak district.

• PlookPlook ✭✭✭

what training plan would you follow for this race?