Options

Sub 3:30 - Malcolm Barbour - Vote for me - ASICS262

I'm very lucky to have made it through to the voting stages of this year's Asics 26.2 Paris Marathon competition.

Last year I made it to exactly the same stage but lost out to Shady Ady.

I was new to the forums at that time and over the last year I feel I've found a new home. I've had so much advice and had a great time supporting Ady on his thread last year.

I always seem to be the bridesmaid and never the bride. Even then I'm more of a Baldrick than a Pippa Middleton. So this time I'd quite like to be the bride for a change - heck I might even be persuaded to wear a dress image

For that I need your vote. I think I've proved my loyalty to the forums and I can guarantee regular posts if I get to go on this journey.

You can vote for me at the link below. Please scroll down as they put all the good looking people above me image

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/target262/sub-330-finalists.aspx

Comments

• Options

Good luck Malcs. Fingers crossed for you.

Gareth

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Thanks Gareth! And well done on making it through. It's alot scarier this year with those live vote counts. I see you've made an excellent start too.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Yes! Yes! Yes!  You definitely get my vote Malcs!

Vote Malcs! image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

As you know Malcs you get my vote as well.

Hi Minni. How are you? I've been injured and miserable for 6 months but on the road back. I have been lurking on the sub 3:15 thread but had nothing useful to say. I will no doubt be back posting soon but it'd be great if you could spread the word for Malcs. He really deserves to get through.

his posts will be funny and he'll totally commit to his target. 

• Options

I think we all need a Minni and a DS2 on our side as well image

Gareth

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Gareth, they are worth their weight in gold and thankfully around before during and long after the competition. 

Without them I would never have made the progress I made. 

And no, I haven't been drinking image

Thanks Minni - here I am again. Deja vu or what?! Hoping it will be a different result this time but like last time there are some top people competing for the coveted place.

DS2 - thanks man, really appreciate it!

• Options

Will you REALLY wear a dress? If you do, you get my vote.

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ha image In all honesty Pudge, I'm not sure if I'd be allowed - branding and all that.  Unless Asics do dresses? I'd happily do it if they give me the nod.

Maybe I'd be allowed a tutu or something?

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Malcs - your link above doesn't work.  See if this does:

VOTE MALCS

Also, I just spend about 10 minutes trying to work out how to vote - you need to click the image

• Options

On the basis of your enthusiasm for cross dressing, you have my vote. image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ha ha - thanks Pudge image

Minni - bugger, forgot to format it. Schoolboy error! Thanks for the correction.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Malcs you need a skort!

/members/images/46278/Gallery/untitled.png

• Options

I'm more than happy for a role reversal this year and would certainly enjoy the less stressful role of supporting you on your thread. At least I know you will keep up with the regular daily posts and banter! 

Good luck mate. No pressure, but if you do get through, I'm expecting you to pull me down to 3hrs 20mins! No more Burger Kings!

• Options

Best of luck Malcs!  My understanding last year was that the total number of votes wasn't the be all and end all of the selection.  As they are displaying the number of votes this year, do we know if that has changed this time round and the vote is all that matters?

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ady - thanks so much. I had a great time following your progress last year and you did brilliantly. If I make it then I promise you at least one amusing lycra photo as revengeimage

Xyloid - cheers muchly! It's apparently all on the vote this year. And it's up there in black and white to read and weep too. Currently I am mostly weeping image

Minni - ha ha image awesome, does it come with a sporran (a breathable one preferably) ?

• Options

So basically, who ever has got the most mates that they can rope in to voting for them wins, regardless of whether said mates know anything about running, have ever visited RW before, or will ever visit it again after voting!  Sounds like a master stroke!

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

I'm with you, Xyloid, on the logic or lack of it! Bizarre to say the leastimage

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Well on the flip side, if it's purely a vote at least you can have an influence so the more support I can drum up the better image

• Options
    DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Tigger posted your link on Facebook and I've shared it as well. We'll do our absolute bestimage

• Options

Malcs you've certainly stuck around since last year and made a big contribution to the forum since, which I think is one of the aims of the competition.

You're probably too modest to mention the effort you made to overcome an injury and shortened training plan and still finish in the Yorkshire marathon in good order, so i will!

I'll vote for you and I hope you get through because your positivity and attitude will rub off on anyone who joins in with your thread.

• Options

Malcs! I've voted for ya already, and I have to agree the support I've received from people like you, well, darn it, you, on this forum has done wonders for my running, and for my randomly meeting strangers to camp with them in the middle of the country! image

• Options

Ps I have an asics dress type thing- will post a picture up tomorrow. It's from their ayami range a couple of years ago...

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Mr P - you're too kind! Every vote counts (and currently I'm getting massacred) so if you can drum up any support that would be awesome.

Angela - thanks so much...I think (nervously awaits photo...) image

• Options

New Christmas name... image just sayin... 

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Nice! Not sure I should change mine yet. That said they haven't any links to forum names on the profile pages this year. Wonder if they will add them tomorrow? Usually they have Twitter stuff too.

• Options

Hi Malcs,

Good luck, you have my vote too. You've put a lot into the forum since last year, would be good to see you get the nod.

Best of luck.

• Options

good luck Malcs.....you are an example of someone who engages with the forums..........its great to see.......Hope that you can get the votes.image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

A.W - many thanks! How is your running going? Does it feel weird to see other people  stepping into your shoes now?

Seren - much appreciated. Early days, we shall see re. the votes. Hopefully I can get some support from here. 

I'm sure that the others will engage with the forums too. The competition is what brought me here so there's no reason it won't have the same effect on them as well.

Whilst I would love to win I know that the other guys are just as into running as I am and will put everything into it. They are also very vocal on other channels so once they get going here you won't be able to stop them image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Good luck Malcs - you've got my vote because you've stayed around the forums and engaged with the people.

• Options

Running going ok thanks Malcs, steadily getting quicker.

As much as I enjoyed the experience last year, it is nice to be the other side of it this year, out of the fish bowl so to speak!