Wednesday 4th December 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - A little birdie whispered in my ear

What:                bike or turbo
Why:                 depends on the weather/whether the wind has reached us
Last hard:         yesterday wasn't easy
Last rest:          27/11

Yesterday's lyrics - Hall of Fame by The Script

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning
    Wabo - ouchie hope the back is better today
    Paddy - nice bike, the price tag is a nice reminder as to why I don't ride!
    what - nothing
    why - knee fkd
    last rest - I imagine it will be 'december'
    last hard - walking
    Joined in the session yesterday (pyramids) running easy/steady, then halfway through 'kapow' - shooting pain inside of knee all the way along the inside of the leg. Did some stretches and walking but was the worst its felt. Slept uncomfortably and its hardly weight bearing now. No choice but to sit this one out.
    I'll reasess in a week...
    I don't 'do' injuries so expect more grumpiness from this corner...

Have a great day!

• Dustin.- Triathlon is expensive!!! Don't go there.

LMH - how do you find the Shiv. What wheels have you got. Its the one thing I'm not totally happy with and intend to upgrade for Summer. Is this integrated hydration thing a gimmick or a good thing? 

Gobi - good to see you. Not quite at your level on the bike but I can dream!!!

10 miles d&d on TM with 10 x 800m.  Nice

Will hop on Turbo Later

50m pool adventure back on for tomorrow morning - be afraid!!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

dustin it isn't and now my right foot is painful, in the bunion sort of area, I am just a crock! But I did run 2 hours last night.....

paddy you have to love a 50m pool..

oh dustin, I feel for you! That sounds horrid, hope it gets a bit easier - I am grumpy with you!

lmh no to both lyrics I am afraid! Enjoy whatever you get to do today

what: nothing at all

why: back and right foot and long run done last night

last hard: last nights 2 hours

last easy: funny enough last night felt easy!

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • What: no plans
    Why: on call
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last physical rest: Sunday (but sleep last night was good)
    Lyrics: no idea

Hope you're on the mend soon Wabo
    Hope it's a short lived injury Dustin

Getting windy again here but not going anywhere

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Paddy - that is a good bike so no excuses, you just need an engine and some cyclists legs :??)

Blisters - falling off unassited is silly, race crashes however :`0

What: 8 miles done AM

Gym lunch

Roller Hockey PM

Why: Old habits die hard

Last rest: October 14th I think I decided

Last hard: Veldrome last night

Lyrics: No

Days posting on the daily thread again: 3
  • Dustin - worth a trip to the physio or a referral from your GP?

Sounds painful Wabo - I take it that running doesn't make it any worse?

Paddy - I have a pair of Easton wheels that I've had for a few years now, very mid level (£700 worth when new) but better than those the Shiv comes with. Integrated hydration is a faff - on my frame you only get 500ml - but useful as an extra and easy to use whilst aero.

Weather is still ok and time dependent work finished so I suppose I should get out on my bike whilst I can, not feeling the love right now though......

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

LMH with you on not feeling the love today.  Just under 7 miles done, freezing out there.  Trying to warm up enough to get out in the garden soon, but not sure I'll make it.  Maybe after a cup of tea and some biscuits...think it's going to snow tomorrow, so need to get more digging done, but 1C is not nice for digging in!

Wabo, be careful.  Dustin, you too.  Gobi, stick around image

• A'noon

Couldn't believe how expensive some bikes, wheels, frames even kit etc were when I picked up a few old cycling magazines that are free in our local library.

Mrs B's birthday todayimage 

Lyrics: Yes.

Catch up time.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Wheels - Zipp 404 or 808 front and a Disc = no excuses :??)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

lmh, not really, the worst thing seems to be sitting.  It may have worsened a little after last night's long run though so I need to keep an eye on it

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Got out and did 30 mins digging. 0C when I'd finished.
    So run, core and digging for me today image  Need it for all the gluhwein I've been drinking at the Christmas market!  Oh, and went along to the local running shop to buy a running cup 2013 t-shirt, and not only did he give me 5 euro off, I also got a hat for coming 2nd in the cup image

• Nice emzap.

Finances do not permit I'm afraid Gobi.

Oh dear Wabo - maybe short, easy stuff for a few days.

It needn't be anything like as bad as it looks though Birks, my first road bike - which I still use on the turbo was less than £500 and I qualified to race for GB as an age grouper on it.

Wind is picking up here but it was till sunny and quite mild so I made it out for two hours on the bike, as ever I felt better for having done it. Waiting for the house to warm up a little before I venture into the shower though!

• Nice, em image

wabo: ouch! What area of your back? Hope it's not the same thing that took me out image

Dustin: another ouch image

Happy Birthday Mrs. Birkmyre image

why only hang around until Feb. 9, Gobi?

what: 6.5 miles d&d this morning
    why: something easy was on the menu
    last hard: ???
    last rest: 24/11
    lyrics: yes

Mahoosive storm coming our way tomorrow. Apparently the worst since 1962 image

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Chicka - short term running return to help someone before I stop again to protect my fragile body. I tried to stay around before but as you become more and more a pure cyclist RW sort of feels like the wrong place to be.

Not personal just the way it is, who knows I may run a little more but last year I ran less barely 100 miles between March and September.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LMH - I live with another cyclist so in our house bike kit comes before anything else :??)
  • 5 miles tonight including 20 x 1 min fast, 1 min slow.  0.18 miles covered on average during the fast bit. 

Lyrics, nope.

• Evening!

Lyrics: no

What: no
    Why: ankles a bit tender so decided to take a rest day. Hope to get a run in after work tomorrow if I can manage to finish early enough to run off road in the light.

Another decent session, Don!

Wabo: trust the niggles clear up as quickly as they arrived.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Evening

some more rest here, body is wondering whats happened and seems to be craving food.....

Happy Birthday Mrs B

Take care

• So here I am in Newtown, Powys. The cold has developed to the stage where I will cough up some luminous mucus from time to time.

Almost went for a run, but went for tea instead, and stopped in a pub on the way home. Somewhat surprisingly I met and got chatting to a fit young gun (Moses, I think) who runs Ultra distances. Not poxy ultras, I mean Scotland to England to Wales multi-day consecutive ultras. 6 hours (plus) running per day consecutively.

So I'm going for a run tomorrow at 0700 with him. It might be cold.