Sub 3:00 - Paul Davey - Please Vote For Me - Asics26.2

Greetings,

I would like to point out that the moustache on my photo was for Movember and it has since been removed until next year.

I was not a runner at school, I couldn’t sprint and I didn’t enjoy long distance, however I was very sporty and used to play most other sports, but mainly football!

I got into running after going on a date with a runner who, on our first date, told me about some of the races she’d done (we can’t resist can we?). I said I didn’t think I could run 2 miles non-stop and challenged myself to do it, I barely managed it but the fire had been lit, and I’m still with that same runner!

I’ve only been running about 3 years and have only run one marathon, which was London. I hadn’t been running all that long and did very little training. After my first 20 miler I can remember my girlfriend finding me sat in the bath, in the dark talking to myself with the lifeless crumbs of a demolished packet of custard creams floating on the water beside me. I finished in 3:34, when I was hoping for 3:30 or less, but still enjoyed the experience.

I decided not to enter the next Marathon I could find ‘to put things right’, but focus on shorter distances. Since then I’ve reduced my times and believe I’m in much better shape for another marathon attempt. However, I know the marathon is a different beast, so what I need is a plan and the support/advice to get me over the line. Hence the 26.2 program!

However, I’m not all about chasing pbs, I spent the summer having fun racing on the track and also took part in my first 50k ultra marathon at the inaugural Lakeland Trails 50k, which was brutal but the scenery was stunning. I also took part in the Thunder Run and made a video of our team effort after the 2011 event.

I had a fantastic time at the boot camp, it was great to meet so many others runners from all across the country, we’re such a friendly & sociable bunch. I’d also like to wish Robert and Roger good luck and I’m looking forward to sharing the journey should I get picked or not.

Thanks for reading, any questions?

Paul.

Comments