Thursday 5th Dec 2013

Morning, just

Todays lyrics: 'Born into a war and peace.'

The song appropriate for todays weather forecast !

Just finished watching Match of the Day

Saves LMH having to think up some more lyrics.

Comments

• Morning. Less Just.

Just thought I'd dip in. Not been on the daily thread for a while,  but just started an 18wk schedule, so a bit of renewed enthusiasm.

what: 9 mile, if I'm lucky enough to find time after work.
    why: General Aerobic
    Last hard: LT run on Tuesday.
    Last Rest: yesterday. Needed it.
    lyrics: no

• and there was me thinking I'd start the thread today ..... just getting ready for my 2nd double digit run of the week before the Tornado hits us ....
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were From Here On Out by The Killers.

Thanks birks - was watching Match of the Day with you Mrs B's birthday treat image

Stick around NN - may help with motivation.

Hope your ankles feel better today Alehouse and you can get out for your run.

If your forecast is anything like ours you'd have needed the early start chickadee. Forecast to be gusting above 40mph by the time I could get out - rising to 54mph. I shall be wussing out and running on the treadie.

What:                   short run with some efforts
    Why:                    weather/taper
    Last hard:            13/10
    Last rest:              27/11

Lyrics - not sure.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Chick hope you survived the run.  Weather forcast here is funny, they seem very concerned that schools, and more importantly the Christmas markets, are shut in some areas!  Very calm here at the moment, but you know what they say, calm before the storm...

Hello Nose Nowt

What: nothing
    Why: no time and leg feeling yesterday's excursions
    Last hard: the cold yesterday
    Last rest: will be today
    Lyrics: nope

Off to read back over the cricket. 

• Morning LMH

Watching Match of the Day after Mrs B had watched her 6 recorded episodes of Judge Judy certainly was a treat !

Blowing a  gale up her at the moment. Wind howling.image

• Tad windy here but nothing exceptional. No snow (but is forecast to come)

What: JS Group run followed by meal out with the group (10 miles drive out in country so we'll see how that goes ...)
    Why: ... tra la lal la lah

Lots of folk up through the night
    Lights going off and on here

Crossed the border yet Blistersimage

• Morning again

Burst pipe due to storm so no water here since about 7.45am.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning again

What: bike ride d&d

Lunchtime run

Why: The Devil made me do it

Last hard: Tuesday

Last rest: October 14th

Lyrics: No

Still posting :`0
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello all,
    belated birthday wishes to Mrs B
    LmH - physio first told me it was likely to be a strained ligament a few weeks back, not convinced my GP would do anything. I'll see how it is in a fortnight then take it from there.
    I did enter County XC champs on 4th Jan though so I have a target....
    what - U11 coaching
    Why - keep me fit
    last rest - yes ok
    last hard - hmmm
    lyric - nope

• I'd hope the GP would refer you for physio Dustin.

Hope it doesn't take too long to get mended birks.

Blowing a hooley here now and raining. There are assorted bits of roofing felt blowing around the back garden but I have no idea where they've come from - and I'm not going out to look at the moment!

• A'noon

It's now snowing here !

LMH Thankfully the water was back on about 90mins ago.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

lyrics familiar I think..

Back feeling a little easier just now, just back from a walk, don't want to speak to soon. Chick it was lower and according to massage mate either side of spine felt sore, for me it was mainly the right side though

yep some kind of storm is coming..

Hi nn!

I also watched motd, and very happy I was..

what: track session later

why: fancy a change

last hard: Tuesday

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • 65mph gusts here now and growing ... OH will probably find this to be a light breezeimage

Office is shut. The harbour area will close later due to a severe storm tide so they sent us home. They had to evacuate the car park too.

Happy I got my 10 miler done this morning. Feeling smug with a nice cup of tea image
  • Evening!

What: 10. Of the minutes variety!
    Why: just trying to loosen ankles so short (wet/windy/cold) run before stretches. Was going to run off road: started but the light was fading and I was struggling to see all the twigs, branches etc strewn across the route so quickly opted for the road.

Lyrics: no

Hope all are safe!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • JS Christmas Nite Oot cancelled
    imageimage
    but undoubtably a sensible move!

/members/images/456406/Gallery/5dec.gif

Snow lying too ..and 0°C

• Sounds like conditions over there are awful. It has been raining here but not cold.

What: 5km easy

Why: All I felt like

Mae doesn't like to go out when it rains. Daughter was out for 2 and a half hours walk/running but got badly chaffed because of the rain and heat, and had too much gear on. I'm very proud of her, she is really working hard on her fitness.

• Lost power for a few hours this morning.  Trees down in the grounds of the school. 

Much calmer by the time I ran.  Frozen pavements so had to run on roads. 4.24 miles, 32 minutes.  Looking forward to more XC at the weekend.

Lyrics, nein.

• Shame about your night out OH. Hope the snow doesn't come to anything.

Trees down here too - and slates off, fortunately not ours as far as I can tell. Think the worst has passed now though fortunately. Forecast to be cold tomorrow.

• The snow has stayed on the ground here

donaldo: Were the kids sent home from your school today ? Miss B ' was not chuffed' that she wasn't sent homeimage

• Evening

3k adventure in 50m pool - jaysus. Super!!

hour on turbo this evening

Weather a bit wet here today but not too bad - a bit windy and cold. Due to settle again tomorrow! 

Talk soon

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Paddy that's extreme swimming

More rest here..... starting to feel a bit fat and restless, but hoping that the body is enjoying a rare rest week.....

Take care

• A pretty good day by my (Low) standards. Having got chatting to a bloke in a pub last night we separated after last orders and agreed to meet up at 0700 for a nice little run. This chap, whom we shall call Moses of Powys, turned up at 0700:30, a mere 39 seconds after I did, and I think that we were both surprised that I had turned up. He had offered to take me on a run around the local area for about an hour to an hour and a quarter.
    Powys isn't flat. This was my first run since coming down with man-cold, but I'm mending. To be honest it was great. There's nothing to beat witnessing the coming of dawn, even though it was flat and grey. To be honest we had the best chunk of the day, and it was a great motivation. Not just the arse out of the door issue, but the companion to help keep the pace going. My body would have been satidfied with 5 miles and a cooked breakfast. It got 10 miles at 8m/m on rolling countryside, and no breakfast at all. But a great buzz to start the day, and thanks to Moses the UltraUltra runner.

Other Half wrote (see)

Tad windy here but nothing exceptional. No snow (but is forecast to come)

I fear to think what sort of weather OH considers to be exceptional. 

• Welcome aboard Nose, you find that posting regularly here ensures that you feel the need to have something to post about. A daily 6 miler is unremarkable, except in our little quarter, when it's embarrassing if you can't report one!