Saturday 7th December 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - I wanna move with the seasons

Hope you get good weather for your ride Blisters.

Sounds like another busy weekend Dustin. No improvement with the knee at all?

OH - everything back in working order after your ultra?

Anyone racing this weekend?

What:           easy run
Why:            taper
Last hard:    13/10
Last rest:      27/11

Yesterday's lyrics were The Gambler by Kenny Rogers.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: hopefully an hour or so
    Why: if the ankle and feet want to play. Sturggled this week, which is a nuisance after last week's race. Suspect the harder run the day after was the problem. Report back later!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Coughing fit at 0530. Made me decide that I wasn't going biking with the group. Now that I've done the ironing and Christmas cards I'm going shopping. There are times to ditch the aspirations.

Unfortunately, the scales tell me that I'm 7lb overweight, and that's 14 lb over the ideal race weight. I've only eaten 2 mince pies so far.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Blisters I'm not looking at the scales until Dec 30th when the new plan kicks in....

Body was in shock this morning at a run, hardish effort at parkrun (mainly as was very muddy and claggy) for 5th in 20:11, started easy and got stronger... always a nice feeling

Don't push too much Ale!

• Still snow here although now turning to a bit of slushy rain.

2°C Air 3° Water
    10 minute sea swim this morning
    One of our group managed 20 minutes IISA rules (ie normal swimming costume and plastic hat only!)

What: The dreaded Chrismas S word
    Why: It's that time of year
    Last Hard: see above
    Last rest: Thursday

Long way to the Hebrides from here!image

• Afternoon!

60 mins d&d, largely off road: ankles very tender for first half and developed a sore foot towards the end! That's running for you!

Off to the shops, also. Wonder why?!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Evening.  Quiet on here today.

What: Gardening followed by 3 mile run home
    Why: last chance to garden before Christmas, felt rude not to run home after
    Last hard: losing another toenail :S
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: nope

Hope Chicka is ok, hasn't popped in since the storm...

Have a good one all.

• Hi all. Survived the storm fine. Which can't be said about the office Xmas party. I only got up 2 hours ago .... ouch. great night out but hangover from hell this morning. oh dear. My drinking skills aren't what they used to be.... BUT I ran just now. 5 miles in the rain. Feel detoxed now image

Enjoy your weekend image
  • East district XC champs at Dundee today.  Think I had a good run - gained some significant time on clubmates who beat me by 1 min and 1min 40 two weeks ago.  There was just 20s or so between the three of us this time.  Have managed to lose about 5 pounds and that makes all the difference for me.  It was a great race with some great battles with other runners throughout. Little snow on mostly frozen ground so ideal underfoot too. 

Lyrics, maybe. 

• 70 miles biked. Nice.

Out tonight for food & a jar! 

Ale - progression!!

Blisters - I have been having big calf cramp problems lately. Try http://www.dioralyte.co.uk/ One sachet a day. Seems to have sorted me out. Pharmacist (who is an athlete) swears by it.

• XC cancelled for tomorrow (not surprised)
    Temperature now 6°C and snow thawing. Heavy rain forecast tomorrow image
    I see a rest day comingimage
    Elspeth has "promised" me a birthday run on Monday!!

LM.H Other than knock to chest from tumble (now practically better) I've had very little after effects of last week's Tigh nam Bodach run image

• That's good OH.

5lbs in two weeks is good weight loss Donaldo and nice that you can see the improvement in your running.

Good bike miles Paddy - you going long next year? image

Hope you soon feel better Blisters - at least there are lots of other things to be getting on with at this time of year.

Sounds like some party chickadee!

Why the last chance to garden emzap?

Hope your legs are ok tomorrow Alehouse - stretch!

I put the marzipan on my cake this afternoon. Not sure it's quite thick enough but as I'm not going to take it off and start again and don't think that adding a second layer will work I guess it will have to do. Shame as I do like marzipan but it's only my second year so I'm still learning - more than one pack for an 8" square cake next year maybe?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • No ground almonds to be had in Kirkwall today! image

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Glad you didn't get blown away Chicka!

LMH last chance to garden as Christmas starts on Friday for us, and so we cleaned all the tools today so will start again in Jan.  Off to warmer climes for a while.

OH why are there no ground almonds?

Don good weight loss.

• emzap - demand and no boats

• LMH: I will probably use a pack and a half of marzipan for my 9 inch round cake. Did you put apricot jam on first? Note to self: get marzipan tomorrow!

Emz: loads of parkruns in SA now (if that is where you are going!) And cricket!

Paddy: the only progression is sompared to the last week, which has not been a good one running-wise. Racing seems to take too much out of me, and that is without putting the foot totally to the floor! Except for last weekend I have now run over an hour every Saturday since the end of September. Hope to get up to 90 mins any time soon, niggles permitting.