Sub 3:05 Group for Manchester Marathon 2014. Any takers?

I have been unsuccessful a number of times in the past few years with London and have a place at Manchester this year after deferring last year. My aim is to try and go for sub 3:05 so I can get a GFA place at London the following year. Whatever your aim, if you are looking to just beat 3:05, I am looking at trying to get a group who can run together on the day and push each other along. 

Any takers? 

Is there a sub 3:05 thread for London? I can't see one. 

Wokky

Comments

• I'm seriously considering having a go at Manchester for a good for age time, have you done Manchester before? I know its supposed to be very flat, but thats about all I do know.

• I'm signed up and looking for 2:59:59 if all goes well. 

i did it last year when the weather was terrible and it went through Dunham Massey, they dumbed the course down this year to make it faster and more 'beginner friendly' (if there is such a thing for a marathon). 

being a relative local it looks quick and flat, if not a bit boring, but for a fast time you can't argue!!

I'll keep an eye on the thread and see how my pace is looking 6 weeks out. But I'm defo up for forming a group as running with my gf for her first who's looking for 4:30 image

• I've entered Manchester and aiming for a 3:05. Count me in!image

• Hi.  This is a good plan.  I ran 3.11 last year in my first marathon so don't think i'm ready to go sub 3 but 3.05 and a possible GFA for London looks like being my primary aim.  Would be great to have some support so count me very much in image

• Good luck lads. Manchester is ideal for a fast time and GFA qualification. I managed a 3.10 last year and got my entry accepted for London (V40) so I'll be doing that instead and won't be able to join you ! Last year there were pacing groups for sub 3.00 and sub 3.15 and they can be useful. I didn't join one as it can be a bit crowed around the leader but I did "use" them covertly by ensuring I remained ahead of the pacer. 

• Come Wokky, Where are you. This was your idea.image

• TRTR ✭✭✭

The GFA time of 3:05 was for 2014s entry. The GFA qualification time for 2015 won't be announced until after Manchester has been run.............just saying. There were a few folks that didnt seem to grasp that last time around.

• TR wrote (see)

The GFA time of 3:05 was for 2014s entry. The GFA qualification time for 2015 won't be announced until after Manchester has been run.............just saying. There were a few folks that didnt seem to grasp that last time around.

Absolutely true but they won't and can't keep putting it down each year.  I accept that it could go down to 3 hrs and if that's the case, i'm probably screwed but I reckon running a sub 3.05 will give me a very realistic chance of getting it - my gut tells me it'll stay there for next year.

• Well, I'm entered image have also selected following the 3 hour runners world pacer group, so hopefully should be in a position to go for a good for age time