Sunday 8th December 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - It's rainin' but there ain't a cloud in the sky

Not apricot Alehouse but yes, I gave it a brushing with warm jam. Sounds as though I could probably have done with using a little more then - must remember for next time, it wasn't that I didn't have it, just that it looked thick enough when I rolled it out and it was only when I smoothed the corners that I thought it was a bit thin.

Nice holidaying emzap!

What:             (short) LSR
Why:               taper
Last hard:       13/10
Last rest:         27/11

Yesterday's lyrics were Girl Who Got Away by Dido.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

What: intervals hopefully
    Why: playing with introducing speedwork
    Last hard: getting out in the cold
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics: I think so, may be totally wrong though!

Yes Ale, I like to be predictable...Cape Town then the UK, all family visiting.  There's a parkrun about 20 mins from my OH's parents in Cape Town and one 25 mins from my Dad in UK so hoping to get at least one in.  Cricket.  Don't mention it, was up since 5 listening

LMH bet the cake still tastes good though image

OH Hope you get some almonds soon

Have a good one all

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    cricket :??(

What: CX race

Why: Winter fun

Last hard: Tuesday

Last rest: 14 Oct

Lyrics: No

Jogged round Kings Lynn parkrun yesterday as I was visiting my daughter. She decided to do a mixed run with and without her JackRussel. Some dogs help and some dogs hinder. 3 lap course.

Lap1 - helpful dog

Lap2 - ran alone

Lap3 - pulled her dog

As she finished I was cooling down and she ran passed she was doubled up and saying she was in pain, natural reaction was to say this is because you are not running enough. A comment she agreed with. Turned out she had got a PB, not sure who was more surprised me or her :??)

25.55 age 12 off little to no training!!!!!

Failed to post on the forum yesterday but did do nearly a whole week and I am back again
  • Dreich!

Raining and 100% cloud cover!

What: rest
    Why: XC deferred and no inclination to do anything else
    Last hard: chill swim yesterday
    Last rest: Thursday

Lyrics: no

Cricket: Oh no!

• 16 miles run - had to pick the pace up in the last mile to avoid a stampede of santas - I'd forgotten that the local santa run was on this morning!

• Nice running LMH.  

Same here OH, windy, rainy and low cloud everywhere.  Horrid running conditions this morning.

Enjoy the XC Gobi.

12 miles this morning, last 6 into a god-awful headwind with rain beating down on me.  Yuck. 1:37:29  Legs totally goosed from yesterdays efforts.

Lyrics, not yesterdays and not todays.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Intervals hurt.  2 km warm up then (@ 5km pace) 100m with 100m recovery, 200 with 200 recovery, 400, 800, 400, 200, 100 and 2 km jog home.  Legs felt like jelly by the end, but it has to get easier right?

Well done Miss Gobi.
    Sea swimming in 3°C is just crazy OH.  Do you wear a wetsuit?
    Well done for avoiding the Santas LMH image

Off for gin tasting now.  Who thought it was a good idea to put that on a Sunday afternoon?!

• nice PB for Miss Gobi image. i reckon there's one very proud dad in the Kings Lynn area today

well done on the intervals, em. Hate to say it but they never get easier. As you improve, so will your PBs meaning your interval paces will have to be adjusted ... :-/

Gin???? Ugh. Don't mention the G-Word.... it caused my Friday hangoverimage

Glad you weren't stampeded by a horde of Santas LMH

what: 16.5

why: Base

Last hard: headwind

Last Rest: friday

lyrics: no
  • Donaldo - it will be cyclocross that Gobi is racing rather than cross country unless I'm mistaken.

Gobi - Does Mini G have any sporting interests?

Nice running chickadee.

You're good emzap - I only ever do the odd interval session if forced onto the treadie.

• Aha - I thought the CX was just a typo round the wrong way! image

• Good "recovery" run then Chickadee!image

emzap, strangely you're not the first to say that!
    One in the group did have full wetsuit.
    I did resort to neoprene gloves and hat but no wetsuit

Intervals  sound like too much brain work for me :^
    - I find it difficult enough to count lengths in the pool! image

• no wetsuit??? you are nuts, OH image

do you cut holes into frozen lakes and jump in too?
  • Evening!

Lyrics: no

What: 30 mins, with some faster parts, all off road.
    Why: it was not what I had intended, but had promised to show someone round part of the Burnage parkrun course, so inevitably picked it up in parts.

Will not comment on open water swimming: OH did strike me as perfectly normal when I had the pleasure of meeting him! However...

Cricket was marginally better today; just a shame about the previous three days.

RFJ: hope that today's Fulham result was the first of many under Rene. I heard very good reports of him from other staff at United and they were more sorry to see him and Mike Phelan go than Fergie.

Some decent long runs being logged: hope that is it long run wise, LMH. Don't over cook things! Cotton wool time!

Marzipan bought, and cake will be wrapped in it shortly!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Yes it was Cyclo X

Daughter likes cross country but prefers her horses and dogs

Chicka - god smacked father back in Berkshire but very proud indeed
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

evening all, 
    nice miles Lmh, & well raced Don!
    quick post from me, been on 2-day coaching course at Brunel so pretty flaked out now (not helped by dinner with friends last night so wasn't an early night either..)
    14 of us learning including 3 former international athletes so plenty of wise words available. Oh and Linford Christie on the track with his group yesterday too!
    Can't believe the cheek of the fella, trying to use it when UKA had it booked for usimage

Only running was light and part of the group coaching exercises.
    Knee still achey image

• 3 degrees in the water OH? Don't you get the Gulf Stream up there? Seriously silly, if you ask me. I'm not surprised that you lasted only a few minutes. I suppose it might be likened to injury recovery therapy. As Tom Daley says, it's great when you come out.

LMH, I refer to Saint Delia, and she gives quantities for any size of cake, round or square. She's also partial to gin.

Proud Dad time Gobi.

Today, I came to the conclusion that the luminous gloop has just about cleared off the lungs. I still feel heavy (because I am), and unfit (because I am). But I did manage to go swimming and give the hour session a full working. Very pleased, and bits now ache.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Like the slip of god smacked Gobi, well done to little one image

Well done Yesterday Don

Brain dead here now as just done Day 3 of the CIRF course (coach in running fitness) very much focused on technical skills rather than the actual running and training... learned a lot.....

So rest day other than some flying 30's and skills and drills....

Ale, yes good result indeed and hopefully will get us out of the mire.... amazing what happens with a change even though the players are the same.

Take care

• chickadeee wrote (see)
    no wetsuit??? you are nuts, OH image

do you cut holes into frozen lakes and jump in too?

That is the aspiration of two or three of our group. One currently working towards her ice mile (one mile  in water under 5°C in ordinary swimming gear) I declined her invitation to join her, but offered kayak support!

Glad you're on the mend Blisters. Rather north of the main gulf stream here!

We have almonds! image