HRM strap for iphone 3

Hi guys, now that I am doing a bit more running and I like stats I am thinking I would like to see how close my heart is exploding.  The issue I have is that I have an aging iphone 3 and all the bluetooth HRM I can find appear to only be for newer models, are there any straps that I could use or is there another option, I would like to be able to see the data in Strava but also use Runkeeper when I want to listen to the nice lady telling me how slow I am going.

Thanks

Mat

Comments

• For the price of that - you could just get a basic HRM. Which would be more useful than having to check with your smartphone - and what will you do when the iphone expires ?

Do you need your HR to be synched with Strava ? Will you analyse it ? Will it help you improve ?
  • Oh that's quite cool then. Definitely a good answer mr flob.
  • Cheers guys, The Runtastic thing looks quite good and I quite like the whole Runtastic thing although having to pay for training plans when others do them for free may grate a little.  

I have also seen the Wahoo fitness pack that is an ANT+ adapter that plugs in the bottom of the phone but appears to link to lots of 3rd party apps. Does anyone have any experience of this?