Connemara Marathon Who has ran it?

But I regret I won't be running itimageimage  I'm really gutted!   I think it is difficult place to get toimage

I emailed the Race Director he did not brother to email meimage.

So who has ran the Connemara Marathon/Ultra Marathon?

I am young gifted and Black.

Comments

• If you ask someone on here that's running it, nicely, they might let you travel with them and share the expenses?

• If you can find a flight to Dublin, then you just have to get the train from Dublin to Galway City. On race morning the marathon organisers lay on buses from Galway to the start.

I did it in 2012, but I went from Glasgow, drove to ferry port, got boat to Belfast, then drove down to Connemara - it took fecking hours, especially the part in Ireland because the road infrastructure is quite rural for the most part. I then had a weeks holiday in Connemara, it is a lovely place and everyone is very friendly. However, flying is probably the best option if you are only going for the weekend.

• Fly to Dublin, train or bus to Galway. Free buses to marathon start and back again. I did the race this year, my first marathon. Well organised, superb scenery and a very tough hilly finish! Would thoroughly recommend it.

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

I've done the marathon once and the ultra nine times so far.  One of my favourite events.  Galway has an airport - which I have flown into - but since the website has a tab for 'asset disposal' it looks like it's closed!

Other options are indeed flights to Shannon and Knock from various UK airports, which change every year.  I wish there were flights from Cardiff.   I prefer Knock - a small and friendly airport, although remember it has a Euro 10 departure tax cash only -  and then hire a car. 90 minute drive to Galway City maximum.

Options I haven't tried are coach/train from Dublin, or taking the car on the ferry. Mrs T Rex doesn't like ferries or coaches.

Ryanair was 15kg hold, 10kg cabin last time I flew with them.

It won't be long before the races are full so get deciding.

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Anybody going over to Connemara weekend after next?

I'm only travelling for the race this year and not making an extended break of it. Doing the train - ferry - train option via Holyhead and Dublin.

Got number 39010 which is very special since it will be my 10th consecutive ultra. Thanks, Ray, if you're reading this.

Would be good to meet up with any runners Sunday evening.  I'll be in Galway and suggest King's Head, to start with at least.  Customary to wear your race shirt.