Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• So, who is doing the London Marathon in 2014?

• We also bookend our apartment via airbnb and it looks great.image.  

Are you all subscribers??  I have been trying to subscribe but because I'm from Australia it won't let me get past the screen where you check where you are from. It lets me pick australia but then won't let me go further.. I emailed the subscriptiom email addy so hopefully they will get back to me.. But thought you guys might know. I want to unlock some of the restricted parts of this website.  

• Dannirr wrote (see)

So, who is doing the London Marathon in 2014?

Ha, I THOUGHT I was. But I am not. It really is a terrific race Dannirr, the atmosphere is really great after the first 10kms or so (which are a bit dull). But in my opinion, the second half is incomparable.  You'd also appreciate the mini balloon festival at the start up on Blackheath.

10.3kms in the bag for me, nice easy running with a couple of colleagues in the forest. Wonderful. I simply love running. Especially when nothing hurts.

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Yay Tricky. Glad to hear it. image

• Excellent TD! Good to read! 

Emmy - thank you, I wish I shared your optimism. 

• Lovely 10 miles hilly this morning, in the mist and sunshine. Then an hour in the hairdressers. It takes my hairdresser ages to actually cut my hair because he just waves the scissors around, telling me about every marathon he's ever run (mostly sub-2.30s)

• Ooh Emmy, TD that sounds great, my only restriction would be timing, I'm not likely to be finished with work until earliest 18.30. if that still works for you guys then sounds like a grand plan! 14th Jan will be about 4 weeks into my plan, so something like a medium-long tempo could work... if that suits everyone? Great news on your pain free run!

a delayed flight has scuppered tonight's run, but planning to head out in the morning.

• Dannirr wrote (see)

So, who is doing the London Marathon in 2014?

I amimage

• At last found my log in details and wanted to say Hi, I have also taken the plunge and entered Paris after failing to get into London again. Official training plan started last week to help me step up from half to full marathon distance. Running as number 31725 under Evesham Running Club. Hotel and euro star all booked and can't wait. Took a tumble tonight on a 5 mile tempo run but hopefully not too serious ! Nothings simple for me .... 

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

That's great news, TD. You're back in the room!

Welcome to the thread, Hatter 88. This place is full of London rejects . I don't remember anyone ever saying they regretted it... Do you have any particular time goal in mind? More importantly, will you be joining us in the pub, Sunday night?

Rach, I've sent you a PM but the forum doesn't seem to send out Notifications anymore.  * You, too, Hatter..* My messages have , mostly, disappeared from the site Inbox but maybe there's something in yours..image

• Hi there Hatter88. BM - you have the fastest hairdresser in the world image?

TD - image

First running day of the Comrades plan ticked off. Soft drinks only at colleague's leaving do, home for a brisk couple of miles in the p*ssing rain, then some 1,600m intervals on the treadmill. Well, I guess no one said it was going to be easy.

• Hi Away in T Manger, set myself a 3.45 target based on a 1.43 half PB, but sub 4 would be good ! Been doing a lot of triathlons recently so bit out of touch with pure running so focus very much back on building distance. Comfortable with 10 miles right now. Plan to run 12 this weekend. 

Would love to join you but unfortunately not staying the Sunday night as better half need it get back to work on Monday ! 

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Hi Hatter 88 - welcome to the 'Sub 4 or Die' crew (otherwise known as 'Sub 4 or face the wrath of Yer Maj' )

RS - you doing Paris too?

I've been having head issues - it seems to be messing with me at the moment. It's telling me I have pains in my legs and that I'm very tired and should maybe not run.

Tonight was supposed to be a pyramid night but as a concession, I just went for a run. Same distance, no time pressures, didn't look at the watch. 

The run was fab. Nice easy pace, loads of energy and even increased the pace to run up the hill into our village. Lovely. 

• Hi Hatter.  I have my cattle prod sharpened....

• Hatter88 - Welcome to the thread.

TD - Glad to hear you're back out running.

I had a hellish 9 mile run tonight. One of those nothing in the tank runs. Think this head cold must have taken more out me than I thought. At least its another run chalked off.

• Orbutt - Yup, doing paris and London, all going well. 

• Dannirr - You'll love London. Just watch out for the flashers!

• Welcome Hatter.

I have delayed starting my training 'plan' until next week. It's far too dark, cold, wet , windy this week...

Played  waterpolo tonight for the first time in 40 years. Jeez, that 's a tough game. Great fun though.

• I just finished a lovely 5km jog at the gym. We had a massive thunderstorm here this morning (joy of the wet season.. and cyclones looming).. so gym was it! image  

Thanks so much for the message Away in T Manger - I feel very welcome.

Now to get 3 kids ready and out the door.... and to entertain them at my work all day.... could be fun?! LOL

• Great - that means at least I'll get to see some of you in London as I'll likely not be in Paris.

Eggy - I might join the flashers!

RR - any chance of you sharing your Comrades plan?  I have been loosely working on mine, trying to work in the Disney and London stuff.

• Evening all! No running for me tonight was working late. Well done on the runs everyone!

KS AND ARROWS- thank you I will have a look on there. Has anyone stayed in any before?

Welcome hatter
  • RR - my hairdresser's glorious past was really that glorious! He used to run 120 miles a week. He can't understand what I'm saying when I say I do 9 minute miles - that just doesn't really register as movement for him. He just does the best hairdressers chat ever, though the haircuts are a bit indifferent.

TD - bet that feels goodimage

• Danni - damn on paris! I'm doing London with a friend so will be toodling around for a sub6ish.

Oh yeah, list fairy....London too for me.

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Dannirr - Noooooooooo........ we owe you drinkies image

• Danniirr - Can you not fit in Paris as a supporter?? 

• BM - image.

Dannir - no problem, I'll send you my plan. I've had to fit it around Barcelona and Boston, so it's probably not perfect, but it does cover the miles. 

• Aw Dan that's just ruined my day.  Bad Man. image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Jingle Jo wrote (see)

Ooh Emmy, TD that sounds great, my only restriction would be timing, I'm not likely to be finished with work until earliest 18.30. if that still works for you guys then sounds like a grand plan! 14th Jan will be about 4 weeks into my plan, so something like a medium-long tempo could work... if that suits everyone? Great news on your pain free run!

What do you call a tempo run?.... What sort of min miles would you be aiming for? Timing isnt an issue for me - 18.30 is my "normal" finish time. I work near Roodebeek so if you can get to the tram stop - I can drive you in my car.

We Wish You A Merry Orbutt wrote (see)

I've been having head issues - it seems to be messing with me at the moment. It's telling me I have pains in my legs and that I'm very tired and should maybe not run.

Tonight was supposed to be a pyramid night but as a concession, I just went for a run. Same distance, no time pressures, didn't look at the watch. 

The run was fab. Nice easy pace, loads of energy and even increased the pace to run up the hill into our village. Lovely. 

I think sometimes thats' the run that you need to do. No stress, no time - just run. Are you ok when you get out on the run?

Reindeer Salad wrote (see)

Orbutt - Yup, doing paris and London, all going well. 

Don't forget Barcelona!! image We're slowly turning RS into a multi marathoner image

Dan - That's made me sad image