Runner's World weight-loss feature

13»

Comments

• Yeah, I would rather not starve myself. Cut out the meat, dairy products and reduce  the fat in your diet. Eat tons of fruit, vegetables and starches. I eat about  3000+ calories a day and I have lost 1 stone in the past 4 months running 15-20 miles per week. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Name other animals who live on meat who cook their meat? They live of raw flesh if we were truly carnivores wouldn't we do this as well? 

A couple of differences between humans and carnivores:

Carnivores have rasping (rough) tongues, we have smooth tongues 

Carnivores have claw for ripping flesh we have weak fingernails

Carnviores have children in litters humans generally have them one at a time

Carnivores intestinal tracts are 3 times the length of their torsos our intestinal tracts are roughly 12 times of the length of our torsos this enables to slowly absorb sugar. 

I believe that people shouldn't be suggesting that people eat 'low carb' and starve themselves and eat unlimited fat. If you want to avoid heart disease, diabetes, lessen the chance of getting cancer cut out read meat. This is advice provided by cancer charities and the NHS. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/may/23/cut-red-meat-cancer-researchers

Yes people should do their own reading. I suggest 80/10/10, Eat and Run by VEGAN Ultra Marathon champion Scott Jurek. 

Finally this thread concerns weight loss. It is for people to give their personal experiences and points of view. It is fact that vegans are 10/20 pounds lighter than meat eaters on average. This is a good article to check out. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/05/vegetarians-slimmer-meat-eaters-weight_n_4039441.html

You can tell people to eat meat if you want. Like many people on this thread will do that is your choice. I agree people should read and make their own choices as well, I am just telling you my experience and the facts.

• I think the pair of you are making rather sweeping statements to make your point of view the correct one. Chill out and just accept we are all different some of us love eating meat others don't. Some love asics shoes some love saucony... We are all different, just chill Out.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think I'm the only person in the world who took up running and didn't lose anything! Whatever fat I've lost I've gained in muscle so I'm no different.

Bit disappointed if I'm honest because I hoped running (as well as giving me major personal pleasure and sense of achievement) would help me shift the 20lbs I need to lose.

Reading the earlier comments, I find the only way weight seems to shift is to cut carbs and fruit, and stay high meat and veg. Even then it's not massive, it might be 1lb a week. And for that pound I sacrifice an awful lot, and gym x4 a week plus a few runs thrown in. Depressing!

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Read the earlier posts Clare.  Running won't necessarily make you lose weight, it's from your diet.  1lb a week is a sensible amount to lose.

• Clare do you keep a food diary, maybe without realising it the foods you are eating are just adding up, and you calorie intake is just to high, but as you say 1lb a week loss consistently is fine