London Marathon Runners and Supporters Thread

For those of you who might not have been around last year, let me introduce you to the fun and support that is Mudchute

Runners

Sign up here if you want to see a friendly face at Mile 16.  We will have a custom support station waiting for you where you can leave gels, drinks, food, or anything else you think you might need.  Some basics will also be provided such as jelly babies, jaffa cakes, hugs, cheers and as much motivation and encouragement as you could possibly need.  Myself and the team will do anything we possibly can to get you to the finish however fast or slow you are.

Supporters

We can only provide support to the runners if we have a team of dedicated volunteers who can help to set up and run the support station throughout the day.  We will need some people who can dedicate the whole day but others are welcome to join us for a few hours and friends and family of runners are welcome to pop along for an hour while waiting for their loved one to come by.

Post Event Party

Tradition dictates that after the last runner has come through (and not before, however slow they are) the supporters head off to Chandos in Trafalgar Square to meet up with the runners, share stories, hugs, tears and to rehydrate before heading home.  The advantage of this is that you all avoid the busiest times on the tube and the runners get treated as the heros that they are for a couple of hours.

I can guarantee that there will be a lot of fun for everyone but this event is dependent on the good will and time of the supporters and without you we cannot make it happen.

So who wants to put their names down?

Runners

Supporters

SuperCaz

Comments