Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

Hi Everyone

Finally managed a 1hr yesterday and felt wonderful!

Happy New Year to you all and I wish you all the best for your dreams for 2014. xxx

• Options

Got a PB at Parkrun on Saturday but have been nursing a cold ever since, might drag my sorry self around Leamingtons New Year Parkrun tomorrow if I'm up in time, Happy New Year everyone have a great 2014

• Options

Happy New Year to everyone.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Happy New Year to everyone in about 2 hrs time. Hopefully it'll be a great year to everyone!

• Options

Happy New Years everyone!!

• Options

Happy New Year All.. Off to bed, work in the morning! Bring on 2014! 

• Options

Happy New Year everyone.

• Options

Happy New Year to everyone  image

• Options

Conkers Park run done - have to say I really liked the course a bit muddy and wet could've been a lot worse considering how grotty it's been.  Good run with SuperCaz we got beat at the end but all good! image 

• Options

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you have all had a better day than us - traveling 6hrs home down the A1 with four daughters with a tummy bug. 

Well done on your park run Buttercup image

• Options

chili - that sounds like a horrible journey. Hope they all get better soon

• Options

Well done on your PB JP! Did the New Year run happen or have Buttercup and Supercaz put you to shame? image

Oo Chili that sounds nasty!

Had a go at Audiofuel tonight... Like that! image Focusing on my run programme. Switching Tempo runs for turbo sessions to save the knees and ankles. Throw in a weekend bike and slowly integrate the swimming. what could go wrong? image

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Chilli - sorry to hear about your journey back home, hope the girls are starting to feel better.

I'm still ill but have joined the gym for access to pool and spin sessions. Induction on Saturday. Will try to get some easy swimming and cross trainer in next week even if I'm still not 100% as count down to HM is on!!!

• Options

image Belated Happy year girls and gem's.

• Options

MrsD - sounds like a good plan

mikasa - do you need to go to a dr? You seem to have been ill for a while now

OH is off ill (and he doesn't get sick pay - he felt the need to wake me at 4 to tell him it was ok to stay at home!!) so I didn't go for an early run, but I have done a gym session (weights) and will be going for an afternoon run in the sunshine. I might do a bike session in the gym as I will be taking youngest son for his swimming lesson later and there is no point in just sitting watching! Easy spinning will be fine!

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

MC - It's really just sniffles, not feeling 100% and an 'evening cough', it only bothers me in the evenings really when I'm lieing down. Can't really see what they can do for me and because of the longer commute now, I might have to take half a day off which I'd rather not. It is third week now though so not sure what I should do.

• Options

My plan starts today, had a great swim this morning in an almost empty pool,  run tonight then I'll have to try and find my bike for tomorrow morning, I'm marshalling at Parkrun on Sat, jogging 8 miles to get there, If all goes to plan I'll be very proud of myself as I have never lasted more than 3 days of a plan without altering it image

Mikasa, I often have lingering coughs and colds, I usually have a good day off and stay in bed and rest, it works for me, I have tried training through it but it makes it harder to shift, It might be worth visiting the docs just to be safe, might be a virus that needs anti biotics to move.

• Options

Cool daft question which parkrun? I'm just looking up wants in or near Birmingham as there this weekend. Anyone know a good one that's not to far from Erdington?

• Options

Hey Cake, I'll be at Coventry, its a nice one, 2 laps of the War Memorial park, but may be a bit of a trek from Erdington, there is one at Sutton Colefield

Kingsbury Water Park, Bodymoor Heath, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B76 0DY

• Options

Oh that's near a games workshop not that I would know such things or have any interest. cheers. image

• Options

Oh and Cannon hill in Brum image

• Options

Ran this morning,4.7 miles @ 9.43 pace, deliberatly kept HR in Z2 and felt ok apart from the first mile which was tough.  image

Chilli, hope the kids are ok.

• Options

1.6k swim and 30 mins on turbo.  The Conkers one was good Cake but that might be come and visit the East Midland Girls kinda visit not an every weekend one as it's a bit of a hike from Brum. JP I didn't last 3 days before I switched stuff around - I was meant to run and swim today - but we biked and swum instead image Im living on the edge man!

• Options

I am pretty rubbish at sticking to plans too! Well my swimming is dictated by the masters sessions and the swimsmooth sessions, so that is swimming taken care of and doesn't get switched. I just need to get back into a routine with the running/biking and work

I have done a very slow run/walk but I realised it was pretty windy! and the last time I ran was Sunday - so a definite lack of consistency there!

cake - my kids love games workshop - strangely they haven't asked me to take them to warhammer world these holidays, but they did take over the living room one day....

• Options

Used to love it as a kid myself and still prat about with some of the games sometimes just to be down with the kids. image

• Options

Back to the routine today, going to turbo shortly, the spin sessions start next week.

• Options

HI guys image

Chili - I felt for you when I read about that awful car journey, hope you're all feeling a bit happier today.

I'm starting my 2014 affair with Fink next week (twiddled with a bit to accommodate some personal needs/goals).  It feels quite good to have a training rota to work to.

Best of luck to you all with your targets for 2014.

• Options

Well done to everyone who has started their 2014 training plan.

Thanks for your kind words. My kids are feeling a bit better today, but hubby spent the entire day in bed or in the bathroom throwing up! My parents (whom we were staying with) are also ill, so I'm waiting to see if I am struck down next.

Anyway, suffice to say it has been another non-training day *Big Sigh*

• Options

HNY all, may you all recover from whatever demons are striking you down. And mine can just fuck off once and for all.

So, plans for 2014.

1. Run a 10K2. Swim 400M without having to stop
    3. Race with Cake, somehow.
    4. If very very lucky, complete a tri, I'll take a sprint and be proud of it.

All assume remaining functional at the end and capable of cheeseburger consumption. Maybe even with Cake.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

I'm starting to feel better and the cough is gone. image Now I just have to try to not start exercising straight away and when I do, take it easy for the the first couple of weeks. But I'm sure I can start next week again.