Moraghan Training - Stevie G

Comments

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Indeed Lit. That and a painful gurn courtesy of those bloody steps which are just horrible to run up! This gave me in a very difficult conundrum - should I overtake or stay where I was? Being a gentleman, I decided to overtake, but she went past me again shortly after and I never caught up - shame.

SG - they are both clearly mad. Sam ran 11 miles home after, and Alice (see, we are on first name terms now image) missed the prize giving as she had to do a swim image

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

I suppose if you're after such a big marathon goal, you can't afford to miss out the big run. But then some might say why do a local xc race!

Got to have some enjoyment to mix up the hard training I suppose.

I wonder how many races her and the OG do in a year without a pot. Bet it's not many.

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

OG picked up a couple of gold medals at the county champs yesterday too. Sam set a new ladies course record today, despite the conditions, so fair play.

The more I look at the results and the people way ahead of me  should have beaten, the more I can say with certainty "today, I was shit" image

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Still, at least you haven't let yourself down by perving over someone much younger on the internet. Oh, wait...

• Dean, was that Seb then who won? That sound a stacked field as well. Nice to see senior men take their county champs more seriously as they have been under supported in recent years.

An bridged LSR of 12 miles today in 7:20avg. 60 for the week.

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Big week Stevie - good average for 2014 image

Hey Dachs - technically my perving was in the real world, and she's not that much younger than me either (relatively!) image

• Hahaha... Bus, such a gent!

Good week Stevie See!

• I volunteered at the tri sprint world champs and it was shitty day. IIRC she is an ex-elite too.

I *think* I had the edge on her for a 10 mile TT, or at least I did earlier in the year.

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

bus - there are not many men who tell tales of perving in a race and provide photographic evidence of it in action....well done sir

Stevie S - seb ran in gloucester champs i think, the winner was Alex Brecker, only 19 and a 1.53 800m runner who has added endurance to his skill set, you might remember him from the bmc races where our spanish guy won the first race and Alex won the b race at stretford.  He ran away from ben and ryan like they werent there and ben ran a 31.04 at telford a few weeks ago. 

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Thanks Dean, but seriously, since when has admiring a shapely backside of the opposite sex been "perving" anyway ?

It would have been weirder to have ignored it surely image?

• For the benefit of the thread, here is what bus saw i.e. Alice from behind

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mhGZfU1NeS8/URU1k1Lqy-I/AAAAAAAAAd8/Ug-cm4ZDFi4/s1600/shooot10.jpg

but note the female contingent in the thread have a better chance than the male if you get my drift. She trains on and off with Datchet and we have been trying to get her to run XC for us.

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Nope, she was definitely wearing more than that (it was a chilly day after all and that helmet would have just slowed her up!).

You must have searched hard for that pic Philip - her web site only has a tiny version image.

If I'm being picky, her elbows in that rather vain shot do reveal her true age though (meeowww image)

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Oh, and more of a gent than this guy image

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PKfZ0pDxbMc/UsmXugSnMKI/AAAAAAAAC_4/QYT0UW3bjgQ/s512/IMG_2545.JPG

• Ouch! Bus, she's 4 months younger than me!

*rushes off to look at elbows in mirror in a fit of paranoia*

• The Bus wrote (see)

You must have searched hard for that pic Philip - her web site only has a tiny version image.

google image search ....pop in a small one, get a big one out. Does that sound right?

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

this poor woman, being perved over, photos posted of her, age, location etc all bandied around...

That shot above just looks plain wrong

• No-one said her age...

• Finally all this lurkin pays off image

i'll get me coat image

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

There are easier places to lurk for that sort of thing Jason image

Sorry Lit - didn't mean she was old at all, just trying to put into context that I'm not (quite!) old enough to be her dad or anything (as Dachs was implying!). I'm sure your elbows are lovely image

Philip - oo err missus....(didn't work when i tried it image)

Stevie - take a look at her website publicity shots. I'm sure she'd love the extra attention image (he is VERY close in that pic !)

• She tweeted Bus' second picture.

Beyond that, I find some of this quite creepy. Even if the information is in the public domain.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

How'd you know that Iron? Or were you sniffing through the net as well.

What a bunch of stalkers image

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

What, the one with me in it? Outrageous!

Sorry Iron, but none of the photos are even remotely hidden away, but are publicity shots clearly meant to be seen. Good luck to her too - as a successful, world class athlete, who just happens to be very attractive as well, why not make the most of it?

• .Seb.Seb ✭✭✭

Indeed you are image

Good racing from Dean, PC2 and Stevie See! I can imagine what Stafford common was like Dean, nasty stuff to race in.

Not good my end. 4 lap course with a nasty hill. 7.82miles! in 49:25, (6:20avg.) with 550ft of up and down. Longest ever XC Race, legs fell off after the first lap, just had no power, miles varied in pace from 5:20 to 7:01. Wanted to quit for the middle 1/3rd of the race but just ploughed on slowlyimage
    Probably came 12th so might not get a run at the inter-counties. Oh well, back to the training...

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Ouch Seb! That stingsimage

Despite your reservations, that sounds a pretty sharp pace to me for thar sort of course...

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

sounds like a tough day seb.  its 9 in the squad i think so still a decent chance id have thought for the inters.  Are you racing next week at Coventry? 

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

I believe perving is now tje correct term Bus. So much better than 'ogling', which I find a bit too 1940s for my taste. But you are quite correct, she does not appear to be overly concerned. Well run anyway, glad you enjoyed yourself, and given recent injury woes, it perhaps isnt surprising you were a little under par.

Great running from everyone at the county champs. Medals and county vests all over the shop. Great stuff from Dean, Lit, Seb, PC2, and fantastic improvement from Stevie S.

18 with 8 @ MP for me today. Pace a little off at average 6:11 but probably suffered a bit after the parkrun/tempo combo yesterday. However, pleased that it was the first time since the marathon that Ive felt smooth and controlled.tle off

• Dachs, is that 6:11 average for all 18 or the MP section?

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Yes, sorry, just the MP section. I'm not Samir Haddad.

• Good runs all. 

Cold light of day suggests I am wrong for yesterday's comments. Now back in my box. 

• JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭

nice work to all the XC'ers. Impressive racing right across the thread