Monday 13th January 2014

emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

Lyrics: Strike a pose

What: easy 3 miles
Why: legs feeling a bit heavy, need to ease them off a bit
Last hard: the last mile yesterday!
Last rest: 4th Jan

Happy Monday.  I think today is the last day in my current job...

Comments

• Morning.

Hope the work situation sorts itself today emzap.

What:             just a swim
    Why:              tapering
    Last hard:      22/12
    Last rest:       28/12

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

best of luck with the job move Emz
    what - easy run at lucnhtime
    why - legs tired, I'm tired...
    last rest - 25th Dec
    last hard - yesterday
    memo to self - must enter some races
    lyric - yes I do

have a tip top day everyone

• What: longish run, possibly out west
    Why: off today and weather nae bad
    Last Hard: last week
    Last rest Saturday

Lyrics: no

Hope all goes well in job line, emzap

• Morning you lot

Working 1.30 till 9.30 today, so had a wee lie in. Well until 7am anyway.

What: 4M Steady

Cold and frosty one again, well it is January...image

emzap: As somebody who has been only working for a few weeks after 8 months out of work. I hope you get a  job quickly mate

• emzap: Meant to say they were cracking lyrics on Saturdayimage Thought The Police were a brilliant band.

• Work cancelled so a change of plan and an hour on the turbo done.

birks - is this you permanently now then?

• em: have you got another job in the pipeline?

what: rest day
    why: it says so in my schedule
    last hard: Friday
    last rest: 6/1
    lyrics: yes

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Yes, I start the new one tomorrow in the same company.  Was meant to start 2nd Jan, but was asked to stay in my old job for a week more.  It's in the same department, just a different building and a different team.  Only until September though, so fingers crossed I'll find something else then.

Birks glad you liked Saturday's lyrics.  I can't say today's are as good an artist, though perhaps some may disagree!

• Yesterday's words were Tell Me by who other than the Stone Roses.

Well the race is over for another year. Heavy wind and strong winds were the order of the day. Kept numbers down, although we still got about 320!!. The stress is over and now it's time to get on with Training!!! We got some nice names down - winning time 24.30 (5 miles!!)

4 miles easy this morning. Not sure what to do later but it will be something!

• Good early arvo guys!

What: rest or some cycling later

Why: Wise training

Last hard: last mile yesterday

Last rest: Friday

Lyrics: I want to say yes.. 

Legs are completely fine today, couldn't tell I had been for a LSR yesterday other than a small pain on the inside of my ankle. Possibly due to the minimal shoes. I could go for a run today but wont, wise training includes rest!! Might do cycle and yoga post-work.

Em- Good luck at your knew job! I am in the first few weeks of my new one, hate the awkwardness at first. If you are staying within the same company do you know who you will work with?

LMH- Work cancelled?? possibly my fav sentence! 

Paddy- Nice turn out! That's an amazing winning time... some people are just machines! jealously to the max!

Everyone's fingers and toes crossed for me this week. Finals results (hopefully). Every time I think about it I have palpitations!! 

• Afternoon!

Well done Paddy! Glad it went OK!

What: 8.51k in 49:37, or 5:50 per k, so slightly faster than intended. Probably slightly faster because a fair amount was on road or firmer surfaces today, although there was about 3k on a very muddy and quite hilly HM Common (OH will understand the ref!)
    Why: trying to get a decent block of training in/nice day/not working today etc. Struggled on the hills with tired legs...

Wonder how tired Wabo's legs are today!

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Glad it went well Paddy and what a winning time! What's next for you race wise?

Dibs - I should have used your sensible head and rested today really as couldn't raise my HR at all, hopefully the jab will kick in and I'll perk up. Usually no work = no pay for me so not so great but I will get paid for today due to the late notice. Wednesday is the big day isn't it?

Enjoy the rest day chickadee.

Hope your legs are ok tomorrow Alehouse.

• Afternoon all,

Well, the circle of life seems to have revolved and I find myself with a long commute and running around docklands at lunchtime...

...although on this cycle I'm carrying another half a person around with me and instead of overtaking everybody, everyone is overtaking me!  Even girls image

• what:  4m
    • why: escaping the hungry ghosts
    • last hard:  last 7 years
    • last rest: last monday

Have a good one!

• Good to see you AF: glad to hear you are running and working, and trust 2014 is kind!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good news AF!

• AH: indeed I do and also remember the lime pits now lying beneath from HR times

10 miles on cliff path + 5 miles on road today for me.
    Dry and sunny throughout but a stiff breeze coming in from the sea on return leg.

Glad all worked out Paddy
    Girls always overtake me AF! (but it does improve the view!image )

Fairly sure you won't require it but digits all crossed Dibs

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Dibs, no I don't.  Turns out my new boss is on maternity leave until 2015 (job is currently only until Sept 2014), and not sure if there's anyone else in my team!  Fingers crossed and thumbs held for Wednesday.

Good long run OH.  When's your next big race?

Hello AF, good to see you.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Afternoon all

emzap hope work gets sorted - aha good luck and hopefully it all works out

lmh, what are you tapering for next?

af even girls, lol!

alehouse wonder no more - VERY!!!!!

Yesterday I became an Ultra runner, stepped over to the dark side I am told.. Well I use runner loosely, it was a very very tough trail run - tons of mud deep mud water, ridiculous hills (box hills north downs way etc etc) steps, you name we had it! Oh and to find your own way and of course it got dark in the last 4 miles and of course we went wrong!

Out for 10 hours but I would say we were on the move for maybe 9, so that's why I use runner loosely! I did enjoy it immensely but not when we had gone wrong with 4 miles to go and no way to really see where to go.

eating for England today!

What: deep tissue massage

why: yesterday

last hard: yesterday - it was 31.5 miles in the end

last easy: Saturday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Glad you enjoyed it Wabo! Hope the feet have dried out! What's the plan next? Are you doing London?

• Enjoy the refuelling Wabo. I have Brass Monkey half marathon on Sunday.

That's a long maternity leave emzap!

• Sounds a tough one Wabo, enjoy the rest and refuelling.

emzap - Next big one is Loch Katrine on 23 March although I may do Kinloss to Lossiemouth half at end of February yet image

• Anyone experiencing RW forgetting you're following a thread (especially after posting 2nd message)?

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Excellent Wabo - hope the legs recover in good time.
    Spookily a mate was talking about the North Downs Ultra only last week. I pretended not to be listening...
    AF - might have bumped into you today - headed over Wharf way rather than the usual west end jaunt. Good to see you back.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

alehouse I wont be doing London no, will be cheering on though.  Not sure what next apart from the usual club races, but my mate who does Ultras will  now be sending lots of links my way I am sure!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Emzap good luck with new job

AF good to see you

Wabo Super - well done on the  Ultra enjoy the massage

Ale Good running

What: 3.54 miles consisting of 5 x 1km with 1 min walk breaks all steady well slow pace then run the last 250 odd metres home
    Why: Developing that  consistent  consistency
    Last Hard: That
    Lyrics Don't be  daft

• Afternoon

What 10ish commute

Why because I can (again)

Lyrics yes

Welcome home AF hope you're able to stick around.

Attempted to put a couple of fast miles in this morning. The first over mile 7 was heavy going and just about  broke 7mpm, the second in mile 9 was abruptly curtailed by a bin lorry so came out at 7:10 as I was unable to get going properly afterwards. 

• Me too OH.

You're building that distance again nicely Pammie.

You're only just back to it postie - don't rush.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: 100 min biked&d

30 min run d&d

Gym and sauna

Why: Because I want to

Last hard: Saturday

Last rest: Monday 30th December

Lyrics: Yes

OH - yes I have the same issue
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Nice 6 mile run tonight in the pouring rain.  Took it really easy, 47:13.  

Lyrics, indeed! image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Rest day here

AF - good to see you back and posting

All the best with the Job Emzap

well done Wabo and enjoy the food image

Take care