Sub 3h15

Comments

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Yes I'll try to get in the Coastal Minni.....a personal favourite.

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    Coastal smackdown? Yay! Seriously though, this is a race worth travelling for. Birch? Not too far for you, although Yorks is virtually in Surrey.

Minni the 1330 start leaves time for a trip to The Ship at lunchtime
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

A lot of people come from Yorkshire for it and even further afield.  Yes, there is life beyond Yorkshire!

Definitely worth travelling for.

I don't mind the later start at all although if its a hot day I might not be saying that.

• Mennania - great MP run.
    Minni - looks like jantastic only has one week open at a time, so you'll have to log this week's runs after 8am today. People are going to be logging runs in the wrong week.
    Abbers - steady progress.
    Steve - cracking long run.
    PMJ - speedy long run.
    Leslie - well done on finding a hill.
    Up and out at very silly o'clock for 14 miles @ 9:10 m/m. I can see me getting into trouble with this session through oversleeping.

• Gul, that's a 2hr plus run and you're back to post at 6:40am!! My wife thinks I'm crazy for getting up at 6 (currently on spinning bike). What time do you go to sleep? Are you in a different time zone?

• SJ, last night I started nodding off around 8:30 and went to bed just after 10. Up and out just before 4am and home at 6:05.

• BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

It’s great to see everyone with 100% in Marathon Talk last week. I nearly forgot to log my weekend runs but have now set a reminder in Outlook every Monday morning.

Plenty of good running going on from all the threadies.

Welcome back Steve!

I was out of bed this morning at 4:20 am to get in a 10 mile run including 6 x 4 minutes with 90 sec rest intervals. I’m very happy with the intervals in 5:53, 5:52, 5:50, 5:52, 5:45 and 5:44 pace.  My Ultra marathon training starts this week so weekend back to back 20+ milers are not far away. image

• So THE CONSISTENTLY CONSISTENT SUB-3:15 TEAM has logged the most runs for a medium team by a mile. We are not at the head of the points tabel as other teams have logged more of their week 2 runs already ...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-raeRJ2txBlI/UtT45w1zsHI/AAAAAAAAAhQ/UZ7uzESOMY4/s1024/jan01.png

• Gul and Badbark up at 4am , that's proper commitment . I was up at 3am but only to get the tea on as I couldn't sleep then back to bed .

Well done the consistently team.image

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Well done Gul - you're getting earlier by the week, I swear! BB's running you close though, and that's a tough session to pull out when you're half asleep. I find it a huge effort to do anything fast(ish) at all when I do my 6am weekend runs.

Some early morning aerobics noted by SJ too.

Leslie, going back to bed sounds much better to me! If I'm awake at 4am, it'll be because one of the Ms As has woken me...

TR, depending on how the fixtures fall, your eldest should play on some good decks in County 3 South. The wickets at the likes of Trojans & Fawley are really good to bat on. A bit harder for seamers like me! He'll get Bramshaw and Woodgreen too, over my way; I run past the ground at Woodgreen on a regular basis. Lovely spot, overlooking the Avon Valley nestled into the edge of the Forest.

• Steve - Well done on bagging that long run, but looking at your stats, your av HR was 221bpm!!! Can that be right?

PMJ - The CCSTFT is going really well - we should get mentioned on MT, which is always a nice boost when you're listening to it out on a run. No slacking!!

I bet Gul and BB have secretly gone back to bed (I'm not suggesting that together, or anything). I am in awe, honestly. I would love to do that, but my excuse is that I finish work at 9 p.m., get home at half past and have dinner round ten.  At some point I suppose I should talk/grunt to Mrs. Ant, as well. In any case, I struggle to get to bed before eleven, so getting up regularly at 5ish is not going to happen, although I do manage it once a week (Wednesdays). I start work at 7.30 most days, as well, which limits how much I can do early doors. Better to wait til mid-morning, when I have more time.

9m this morning incl.10x100m strides, which, although I felt clumsy and awkward (yes, more so than usual), came out relatively quick, at 15-16 secs each. P*ssed it down with rain, too.

• Philip_M_Jones wrote (see)

So THE CONSISTENTLY CONSISTENT SUB-3:15 TEAM has logged the most runs for a medium team by a mile. We are not at the head of the points tabel as other teams have logged more of their week 2 runs already ...

Looking at the results table - by my reckoning and sorting by Score, WE ARE WINNING EVERYTHING! The overall result - not just the medium teams. The only teams that are ahead of us are incomplete teams.

Which is nice.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Excellent work team.  This is the way we need to continue for the next 3 months.  Keep it up.  image

•  

Er.....

At risk of revealing a slightly competitive streak....

If we are the top team currently, and looking at our team table (which I, ahem, currently top)...... does that mean I am top of pops Of everybody..............?! World domination is mine! Mmwahaha!

;);)

Just kidding, well done team! I don't spell team with an I...(Groan).... Lets keep up the good work everyone image

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Coastal marathon?  Hmm, 26.2 is hard enough on tarmac - I'm guessing I'd be at least an hour longer on my feet on this terrain?  Not sure I'm hard enough  . . . . . 
    Love the area though - last hol I had with Mrs B was up there.  

6.5 steady miles this a.m. with 7 x 100m strides - similar style to Ant's it would seem  . . . . .

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

No Birch its not the Coastal Marathon its the Northumberland Coastal Run

Its between 13 - 14 miles depending on the tide and is approx 1/3 beach, 1/3 road, 1/3 trail. 

• Ant van Oviedo wrote (see)

Steve - Well done on bagging that long run, but looking at your stats, your av HR was 221bpm!!! Can that be right?

Thats my irrational reading by my 310XT, have had no end of trouble with the HRM function, tried most things, replacing the battery, soaking the strap, using KY in lieu of electrode gel etc. It seems to only work on my treadmill, must have agoraphobia.

Bike It: Thanks for the Parkrun for toddlers info, deffo going to give it a go with my little one

Ant: Nice 9'er.

BB: Speedy 10/reps at bonkers o'clock.

Well done on the Jantastic stuff all.

Got a touch of the sore heel today (PF?) always seem to get it after a long run, I think it may be down to having not much running base and coming from months of cycling meaning all my leg muscles/tendons/joiny bits are a bit mucked up.

• FINgers wrote (see)

Just kidding, well done team! I don't spell team with an I

There's no me in team: oh, wait a second, there is.

Guess it depends when the look at the tables for Jantastic, we were not top an hour or so ago. There is also a bug on the website so a team with 10.06 is listed as last as it starts with a 1 and we are on 9.79. As soon as we hit 10.0 we will plummet.

• SteveC - the only time I've got readings like that is when I didn't have a decent connection to the sensors on the strap because I wasn't warm enough to sweat and make the contact.

I discovered why my run on Sunday was so tough - my body was obviously fighting a bug as I developed a streaming cold and sore throat on the flight back yesterday, so Jantastic is at risk this week I fear. The good news is that the house had not floated away, the bad news is that one of the dogs has come back with what we think is kennel cough. I'd just like a quiet life these next 3 months.

• Martin H wrote (see)
    First 20 miler today at an average 7.52 pace.  All at a very easy effort with the only effort being when KR caught up with me and I ran a mile with him at 7.37 pace.  Felt as though I could have carried on all day!!

Good to see you on your 20 miler Martin - I was trying to keep up with youimage sorry didn't realize the pace!

Don't know how you get up that early BB let alone run that fast in those reps!

Good to see we are doing well in the Jantastic thingy.

Mileage is going well with a 57.6 the other week and then 59.7 last week. If I'd known I was that close to 60 I would have run to the shop with my Garmin on!

Great that we are all into our training plans and good to see so much enthusiasm!

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Good runs from Ant & Birch.

Steve - do you do anything in particular to manage your heel if it's a regular problem?

Take care of that cold BoTF. The pooch is obviously ill in sympathy!

Well done all the Jantastic contributors - keep it going!

7 x 800m for me today. Reps came out at 2:59, 3:02, 2:59, 3:00, 3:02, 3:01 and 2:59 off 200m jog recoveries (aiming at 3:00). With a warm up and cool down to get to the 1k loop, that rounds out to 7 miles. Happy with that; I usually do shorter intervals up to 1k on the treadie, set the speed and off I go. Harder running them outside, and pleased with the results. A still, cool, dry day for a change helped!

• TRTR ✭✭✭

I only committed to 4 runs for Jantastice as I reckon that achievable if life gets hectic, I have 3 swims, 3 bikes and a bike commute to fit in before I even get to the running, and I dont have evening time for training in.

Abbers - he's hoping he gets to play at some of those places (so am I as a spectator/driver), if he plays 3's he's at the mercy of park wickets, which would suit you more than him.......impressive pace on those 1/2 mile reps, much better pace consistency too.

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Tks, Minni  -  my mistake !  

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Good to see you gave thought to your Jantastic target TR.  It seems the commitment is there and team morale is good so we should do well.

BOTF - how many Jantastic runs do you need to do?   Get some (plenty) night nurse and first defence and drug yourself up.  We'll work out a plan for you to get the runs in.image

Nice reps Abbers.

I've been talking to Fraser and he said to say Hi to the old faces on the forum.  I expect he meant the younger faces too.

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Excellent Jantastic running by all.

Abbers - That's a great rep sesh, as TR said earlier, consistenty is the key.

PJM - That's a tasty VLM line up but lets see who makes it to the start line. Mo has one major advantage over the other experienced marathoners, having Salazar in his corner has got to be a good thing.

Gul and BB, respect, I struggle to wake before 7am.

5k race for me tonight and a bit of a comedown after Decembers pb, 19:06 and it felt hard with a moderate headwind in the last mile. Back to the drawing board.

• Abbers - Great reps, well done.

Gerard - Still a good time and a worthwhile outing for you there.

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Ant - It was a good race and there were 5 of us in a group for the 1st 2.5k then I got dropped at 3k but made up one place. 5 seconds or so between us 5 at the end. Winner was a14 year old up and coming Jsy runner Sam Maher in 16:3x, who won his age cat in the recent XC in the Hampshire County Championships. Hopefully one to watch for the future. Jeeze you work late!

• 7 miles today, warm up, 5 miles fartlek, cool down. 2 fast miles, 2 slow and one with .1 mile sprints and .1 mile recovery. Good session. 

9 tomorrowimage

Well done Abbers your doing better than me at the moment. Keep it up and your first marathon will be a sub 3.15image

• SlokeyJoe wrote (see)

Gul, that's a 2hr plus run and you're back to post at 6:40am!! My wife thinks I'm crazy for getting up at 6 (currently on spinning bike). What time do you go to sleep? Are you in a different time zone?

Gul lives in Norfolk, so I guess the answer is yes to that one, albeit measured in years, rather than hours!! image

Outstanding performance from the Jantastic crew - go, go, go guys and gals.

Got caught in a hailstorm (in Chelsea!!) running back from the office to the station yesterday - not ideal and completely unexpected. 6 x 2 mins sprints this morning - looks like tomorrow morning will be a hard 10-12 miler.