Wednesday 22nd January 204

Morning.

Lyrics - We were working secretly for the military.

Hope the exam goes well Dibs. Good on you for getting a run in yesterday.

Hope you get that phone call birks.

What:             easy run
Why:              probably couldn't run any faster than easy!
Last hard:      19/1
Last rest:        28/12

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• What: squeeze in a pool swim after work before evening practice meeting if feasible

why: schedule a bit tight today

last hard:  9 days ago

last rest Monday 

lyrics: no

hope all goes well today Dibs

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: 11 miles with a semi effort up a one mile climb d&d

intervals PM (coaching but running a bit)

Why: Stretching out

Last hard: Yesterday

Last rest: Monday 30th December

Lyrics: good chance I do
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    echo best wishes for the exam Dibs
    Nice session PP, and Don, yes ease up. A week's easy/rest now is better than 2 weeks off next month!

Didn't get to the club yesterday, late running girls hockey/netball meant that I didn't have the car. So set the watch to 2 minute intervals, and after mile w/u did 10x 2min fast, 2 min steady. Think I managed to hold the pace throughout which is never easy training solo.
    Today - head says 7miles easy at lunch, legs say a couple of pints would be better.
    why - last major training before parliament hill on saturday (Wabo - you going?)
    last rest - Dec
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - I think I should do...

Oh and eldest got the call up for county hockey squad, so very chuffed for her!

• Morning

Wow busy on here already !

Okay so yesterdays lyrics were U2 and 'Angel of Harlem.'

What:30mins Steady in wet and cold

Why: Getting out.

dibs: All the best with your exams.

Coffee and catch up.

Back later

• Morning all,

Feeling pleasantly stiff after 12 miles with strides last night.  Torrential rain throughout. Pretty cold.  Felt fantastic... especially afterwards, sat by a warm fire.

Thanks for good wishes for my little one yesterday... but I didn't deserve it. She'd whinged in the night and rather than comfort her in the cot, I made the bad, lazy, half-asleep decision to bring her into our bed - leading to a night of being kicked, pushed and sleeping with my centre-of-gravity within an inch of overhanging the mattress!

Good luck with exams dibs... and congrats on hockey call up dustin.

What: Recovery Run later

Why: Be ready for my long run on Thur or Fri, if opportunity arises.

Last rest: Monday

Lyrics: No

• I love that baby picture card book with baby lying tranversely across bed with parent hanging off each side image

BM sounds err keenimage

Good news for MissDustin image

• Oh dear, Blisters - you need more time to recover, methinks. I was out for 3 months with pneumonia in 2011 image  and it took months for me to get a decent pace/HR ratio back ... patience!!

nice 12, NN image

LMH:
    impressive resilience on the turbo! I would simply die of boredom and fall off the thing ...

what: 11.6 hilly miles
    why: more Boston specific training and 2nd MLR of the week
    last hard: not falling on me arse (there was snow on the ground; just enough to hide the frozen puddles; not enough to wear Yaktrax)
    last rest: Monday
    lyrics: no

• I don't have a HRM...  but my HR must have been 99% listening to that long long match point when Andy was 6-4 down in the 3rd set tie break.  Wow.   I think that's my training done for the day!!

Game on.  He's been dominated throughout, but is back in the match at 2 sets to 1 down.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

dibs good luck with exam

blisters wish you better

dustin nice one re the hockey and your eldest!

what: little run later

why: not done anything since Saturday

last hard sat

last easy: all the days in between

now on very strong brain numbing pain killers (only 2 a day) back is bringing me down, doing my exercises so possibly they are having a knock on effect, utterly miserable

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • afternoon all,

Dibs:  everything crossed for you.

• What:  7ish
    • Why: jogging.  My definition of jogging is if you're a man and bits wobble when you run.
    • Last Hard:  N/A.  But at least I have all my toenails.
    • Last Rest 6/1

Have a good one!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

me again
    nose - ahh a slippery slope when they start sleeping in your bed...but yes, its the easy thing to do!
    head ruled the day - run down to the palace and two laps of Green park. No idea how far, but just under the hour. Legs hurt now.
    Wabo - enjoy the run, and hope the back eases
    Chicka - decent midweek effort!

• Afternoon

What 12

Why MLR

Lyrics no

Had a rather tortuous run this morning harbouring some sort of a tummy bug. By the time it was getting to binable strengths I wax over half way so ended up struggling to the end.

Before I come out with a load of patronising anecdotes, is this your first child Nose?

• Ooops - just noticed my typo in the title - sorry.

(((Wabo))) that's pants - hope you feel better soon.

Dustin - great news for Miss D. Well done on resisting the beers.

Hope it's short lived postie.

Chickadeee - riding 112 miles can be a bit mind numbing too so it's good practice image

OH - hope you get time for your swim.

Nearly double the distance AF - your long run for the week?

My run started off rather slowly this morning but that was fine, surprisingly after two miles the pace picked up and I was (relatively speaking) flying by the end.

• LMH:  mid week long jog; remember, I'm a P&D follower.  Although I'm more "Retarded Marathoning" than  "Advanced Marathoning".

• Exam today went well, thanks for the wishes everyone.

I was pulled into a meeting straight after the exam to be told that the exam board will not pass me. The take home message was 'good students fail'.

celebration for my earlier exam going well, was short lived.

What: 8x hills

why: Life goes on

possibly a swim later if my mate gets back.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Evening all

What: 5 km easy
    Why: legs were a little achy and still coughing
    Last hard: remembering how to speak English, have spoken only German for 3 days now as OH is away.  He's back later though, thank goodness.
    Last rest: most of last week
    Lyrics: nope

Mixed news there Dibs.  Glad exam was ok, but rubbish about the exam board image
    Dustin great news about your oldest image
    LMH you have a very high boredom threshold
    Wabo hope back is better soon.  Have you seen anyone about it?
    Postie, hope you feel better soon.
    Chicka don't fall over, apparently it's heading our way tomorrow...

Have a good evening all

• postie postie...  No.  We've made the same mistakes with number one!

Please patronise.

• Evening!

Tried to start the thread this morning but couldn't get on to the forum at 6:30.

What: some very muddy playing fields...will have to calculate how much...
    Why: friend had asked me to help map out a course for a possible parkrun. Sadly I have had to tell him I don't think it is possible...the course was ankle deep in mud, plus there was a gate.

Mixed news indeed, Dibs.

Re weight, having managed to keep it off over Christmas I am now struggling with the scales, and don't know why. More running and less food required I guess.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sorry to hear that the exam board were not sympathetic Dibs - next time.

Ah - the MLR AF, I've decided that it's probably a god idea for me to skip that this week, hoping for a LSR on Sunday though.

emzap - needs must, not safe outside at the moment and I need the bike time.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Need to lose some poundage here.....

what - 1 hour (7.67m)
    why - a rare club run, (just a shame there was only 2 people to run with)
    Last hard - Yesterday
    Last Rest - Monday

Take care

• Nice to see the whole gammut of life floating around and getting washed in here. Has anyone else discovered that cross country runners  toe nails don't get clean for a week, which means that they are permanently grubby for 4 months?

For me, swimming. It was my first trip to the pool for a month. Expectations were low, but I think I may have got away with it. 64 lengths, the standard mile in just over 40 minutes. Clearly I don't exercise my heart rate when swimming.

As for running, I am still tickled by AF.

AF wrote (see)

LMH:  mid week long jog; remember, I'm a P&D follower.  Although I'm more "Retarded Marathoning" than  "Advanced Marathoning".