Thursday 23rd January 2014

Morning.

Lyrics - It's hard to see when the smoke cloud's over your eyes

I'm guessing that not many will have heard these or know the artist, I discovered him before xmas and have his debut album which I'd highly recommend, you can watch some live performances on You Tube.

What:              more turbo time
Why:               bike volume needed, weather nonconducive
Last hard:       19/1
Last rest:         28/12

Yesterday's lyrics - Experiment IV by Kate Bush

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning.

Still waiting for anecdotes postie! Bad luck Dibs.

What: Hmmm.  I think I might be working late. Hope a few miles

Why: Because I have bills to pay

Lyrics - No. Again.  But at least this time, you gave me excuses in the OP.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    lyric - ditto what NN said
    what - very easy stuff - U11 coaching so will jog the easy bits with them, plus run to/from station but that's all.
    why - wooden legs
    last rest - Dec
    last hard - yesterday's 'recovery' as it turned out. Came out at 7.6m on map my run, which I take to be +/- .1 or .2 correct. Took 58.30 so a bit brisk for supposedly a 'easy recovery' run. Oops!

Have a great day

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    lyrics no no no

what: gym /run/swim later

why: battered and busy ( ran hard at intervals last night)

last hard: yesterday

last rest: Monday 30th December
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

run was nice last night and back was fine during run, its not fine now!

Emzap I have been to the doc and he gave me exercises which tbh I wasn't doing - I am now and I will at least give them a few days so I can see if they help - at the moment I suspe3ct maybe they make it worse before it improves?

dibs, what the heck is that about the exam?  Sounds madness

lmh nice when you are flying at the end of a run!

mmmm nn re babies and beds, my daughter co slept cleo and now at age 2 she sleeps in her own bed and goes to bed no probs, think we have different ideas in the uk because of work etc. Obviously my daughter doesn't work so its a different story, but just putting it out there!

what: club session later

why: why not, back doesn't like doing nothing that's for sure

last hard: easy 3 miler last night

last easy: lots of it

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

oh alehouse and rfj, me too with the lbs....

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • For clarification...  it was really a bit of a one off bringing her in - On that night I was just too knackered to deal with hanging around the cot or anything when she awoke, and she was in danger of waking the older one too. So took what, at that sleepy moment, felt like the easy option! That was the mistake - saved 10 minutes' comfort time, and ended up having a whole night of being kicked etc.

She's normally a little dream and sleeps just fine on her own...  but if I was being really really honest, there is something lovely about having the little one in with us once in a while image

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Been up since 4.30 could not sleep so feeling a  bit  drained

Anyhow  been for a  run in my new shoes (Saucony Kinvara, purple - really  bright)

• Ooooh purple shoes Pammie - bet they made you go faster!

Wabo - best keep running from the sounds of it!

Are you doing VLM NN?

Another two hours on the turbo this morning. Felt vindicated in not going out when the heavy rain and hail passed through!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

No rain here but was windy on the track

Run to track, 5 x 1km of 200m recovery - 4:01, 3;38, 3:56, 3:56, 3:54, not too bad, but hard as on own and had some blood tests too this morning, as saw the doc regarding my IBS issues

9m in total

Take care

• hope those IBS issues settle

I don't normally suffer from tummy upsets but my lunch disagreed with me today and just re-appeared image

nice 1k reps, RFJ. The second one seems a bit out of controlimage

Wabo: hope those back exercises help

dibs: bugger about the exam image   "good people fail" what's that supposed to mean. Doesn't really help, does it image

what: 5 easy miles
    why: 2 hard days in a row
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: Monday
    lyrics: no

• Afternoon all,

Nice shoes Pamie!

• What: 4ish
    • Why: Jogging
    • Last Hard:

"two vast and trunkless legs of stone... 'I am AF runner of runners: look upon my times ye speedy and despair!'...Nothing beside remains. Round the decay."  apologies to shelly

• Last Rest: 6/1

Have a good one!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Chick - typo - should be 3:58 for the second one image

• Evening!

I'd be delighted with those reps RFJ! Not sure when I will see a sub 4 again!

What: a gentle 30 mins jog (AF's words, not mine...I hate the word!)
    Why: too tired to run/too old to run/too heavy to run

Good to see you Pammie! Enjoy the new shoes! Didn't realise you old enough for purple...
    "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
    With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
    And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
    And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter..."

Anyone else notice that Zola Budd, now 47, was first female in one of the American marathons (Charlestown?) in just under 3 hours as part of her training for Comrades?

Lyrics: I wouldn't have thought so!

Edit: I shall delay my run for a while...a sudden white-out! Hope it is not the sign of things to come.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Evening all

What: 6km easy (32 mins), off for a swim now

Why: Bath Half looming

Lyrics: No, but will be interested to see

Wabo- I know right! it gets worse, apparently I am in the top 5% of my year for clinical skill. I want to be a surgeon, so the uni knows I am a 'doer' rather than a 'thinker' (their words). SO, even though I am above average in all my exams, because I failed that one, they are hitting me hard with it.

Plan now is Cape Town from May 19th until July 15th. I think I will be there when it is winter... which sucks.. because I wanted some sun! Anyone know what Cape Town is like in the winter, please tell me it is better than the uk!

• This is my favourite of his Dibs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nfkrFgtwI

Fast running!

Alehouse - but do your bits jiggle in the manner prescribed by AF to qualify as a jogger? image We've had a fair bit of hail but no snow.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    What: rest

Why:needed

Lyrics:nope

Dibs: cape town in winter...warmer but the UK. If you're unlucky it'll rain for days on end. However, when it is sunny, it's beautiful and warm. So not all bad image anyway, you'll be in cape town image

Some good running going on at the moment.
  • LMH- I like! Shall be heading onto my itunes for sure

Emzap- Not ideal.. but at least it is Cape Town, I need to get out of my self pity mode.

All going well, I shall then visit home (Darwin) to visit the fam image

• Glad to be of service Dibs  - and to spread the word about him. I have the debut album and there's not a track I don't like. Give yourself a couple more days (basically you're mourning) then move on - you can't change what's happened but you can change what happens next.

• What: 5.7 with group - quite fast as we had a visitor across from Stromness

why: turned into a bit of friendly rivalry/ pacing

last hard: last evening's meeting

last rest: Monday

Lyrics: no

Dibs illegitimi non carborundum (or such) - would be nice just to get it all behind you now, I'm sure

LM.H this is a family thread!image

• Havent been in for  few days. Have been training though. Things outside training very busy - but managing to keep it up.

Not a bad day today......... 3k swam(50m pool - super), 6 mile run and one hour on turbo. This morning's run was one of those rare occasions when you could run as fast as you like for s long as you like - light on the feet etc. It was cold nd breezy but it might as well have been hot and sunny!!!

• Evening, again!

Your Latin phrase matches my philosophy, OH!

What: 30 mins. To the second. 5.08K
    Why: I didn't intend to do any more! When I set off the pavements were icy, but by the time I had finished all traces of winter had gone. For now.

Paddy: training sounds good!

LMH: most of the population would probably same I'm skinny...runners have a different perspective...so definitely overweight!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    SA winter is better than an English Summer

alehouse - when I was properly running I knew I was at a good weight when people told me I looked gaunt