• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: run later

ride ?

Gym

Why: mixed up day

Last hard: Wednesday although the weather made yesterday tough

Last Rest: Monday 30th December

Lyrics: No

Donaldo - I am sure I read on here that you had just had a break for a niggle, you seem to have come back with 5 miles at sub 7 plus a tiring 10 in 73. I assume your 10 mile PB is like 60 mins but would still advise that you back the pace down a little until you know all is well.

Of course you can ignore me and crack on, just sayin.......
  • Morning.

Looking at the forecast I think much of my training is going to be indoors this week image Better than not being able to train though.

What:          swim
    Why:           Monday is swim day
    Last hard:   19/1
    Last rest:     28/12

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH: Enjoy the swim.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    Chicka - hope your feeling better this morning
    Don - nice pace for the 10 miler, but Gobi often speaks wise words...
    what - easy 3 or 4
    why - recovery
    last rest - Dec 25th
    last hard - Saturday
    lyric - not sure I do

have a super day

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Gobi, I don't think I would get 65 for 10 miles.  I know there is a theory that says train slower, race faster but I have found that does not work for me.  When I train at 7mm I will hopefully race at 6:30 mm.  Seems to work ok for me.  Happy to always take advice from others though image

Lyrics, not today.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Donaldo - does it occur to you that things take time and that avoiding injury may be your problem ? Good luck with it but all I am saying is build and run fast when needed and you will improve. It is not about running slower all the time it is about training smarter.
  • Still blowing a gale but will have to chuck myself out the door image
    (last chance for a long run as working next weekend)

• Hope you don't get blown away, OH!

Feeling really stiff and painful today but that's normal. It's not the first time I've taken a tumble and sadly won't be the last either. Nothing feels like a serious injury, which is good. It's just the bruises and the swelling that cause some stiffness. Resting today. Will try a run tomorrrow but may take things a bit easier for the rest of the week.

Luckily I started my training plan 2 weeks early, i. e. I can afford an easy week without the OCD getting all worried about me slackingimage

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: trying not to feel sorry for myself (bit like chick I guess but for other reasons)! Didn't feel great yesterday with really bad tooth/gum ache, plus ear ache plus tender under my eyes and along my jawline. Went to dentist this morning and the good news is that there doesn't seem to be anything amiss with my teeth; however, a couple of x-rays hinted at sinus trouble, which does seem to tie in with the other symptoms, and probably explains why I ditched yesterday's run and was short of breath on the slightest incline on Saturday's longer effort.  Managed 2.15k slowly on the roads this morning.
    Why: if I am going to run 2k is the minimum. A shame as it is a really nice day and I had planned a longer effort. Sensible head on!

Off to steam myself in the bath. After the paracetamol/iboprufen suggested by the dentist to relieve discomfort. The sinuses will either get better on their own or I may have to resort to the GP next week. All suggestions/ideas on cures most welcome.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all, well it was when I started this post..

alehouse, poor you that doesn't sound nice at all

chicka sorry to hear you had a fall, hope all settles down

had an o run at parly Saturday, well slow actually but I really enjoyed it and was more thinking don't let my back get hurt, which it didn't and is still well on the mend!

what: track later

why: its Monday

last hard: parly hill

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon all,

Healing vibes to the sick and wounded.

• What: 4ish
    • Why:  Weight loss
    • Last Hard:  N/A
    • Last Rest: Yesterday.  It was too wet and windy for a fair-weather jogger.

Have a good one!

• well, got the 18 done but it was tough. Cold and very windy -  greylag geese flying backwards and quite a few supply boats sheltering in Kirkwall Bay. More clothing on than ever before when running and still cold.

Didn't get blown away but did get blown into barbed wire and ripped my Montane jacket terminally image

Alehouse - X-rays are fairly useless indicators of sinus infection but lots of menthol steaming might help whatever

• Sounds a tough run, OH! Shame about the jacket! I don't really know what to look for on the x-rays, but dentist said he could see a clear problem! And yes, steaming is the order of the day. And have menthol!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Evening.

did 60 miles on TT bike on Saturday - getting used to it now. Did a duathlon on it last week - first time on the road on it and it told!!

15 miles run yesterday.

4k swim this morning - felt good. will do easy 6 mile or so later. ate too much yesterday - Young Paddy's birthday - cake and all that shite. Still training good at moment so it'll shift quick!!

Ale - don't know much about sinuses - although my ignorant medical thoughts are that it should be treatable. The easy spell will help running repairs!!

Weather has been shit but managing to work around it (or occasionally just go and face it!!)

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

Alehouse Hope all will be well

Chick - hope  you are  feeling better soon heal soon

What: 1.84 miles
    Why: all I was fit  for
    Last Hard: That
    Lyrics No But should have got yesterdays

• Glad you're not feeling too bad today chickadee.

Decongestants Alehouse?

Sounds as though the training is going well Paddy - what's your next event?

Well done on getting it done OH.

I swam and managed a nice 4 miles with Grace in the dry this afternoon too.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Evening all,

Really terrible driving rain yesterday for me...  tough conditions, tough run but enjoyable. Hope you all survived.  Let's see what this evening brings.  Good luck alehouse and chick

What: Maybe 4 miles recovery.  Maybe not.

Why: Tough yesterday. Rest day is programmed, but I'll probably miss a run this week

Lyrics: No. Again.

• Time to share one off my "sing list" image

When This Lousy Run is Over

(Tune: 'What a friend we have in Jesus')

When this lousy run is over,
    No more marathons for me,
    When I get my warm dry clothes on,
    Oh, how happy I shall be!
    No more training runs on Sundays,
    No more putting in for leave,
    I shall kiss the race organiser,
    How I'll miss him, how he'll grieve!
    Amen.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: just under 5 miles in my new shoes

Why: was very snowy underfoot so taking it easy

Last hard: yesterday

Lyrics: nope

Experienced snow, hail, rain, sleet and sun in the 40 mins I was out...

Hope you feel better soon ale

Chicka glad no serious damage seems to be done

Have a good one all
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Nice 5 mile mudathon tonight straight after work.  Managed to get 3.5 miles XC in semi-darkness then 1.5 miles on the streets to finish.  Was lots of fun!  38:13 or so if I remember rightly.

Gobi wrote (see)
    Donaldo - does it occur to you that things take time and that avoiding injury may be your problem ?

Gobi, sorry, I don't understand at all what you mean by this.  Probably best just to leave it as for 30 years my pattern has been train faster = race faster.  Can't teach this old dog new tricks! image

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Weathers nice this evening image
  • Not here, it's not image

• It was Ok for me. I did the usual 6.6, but added a few loops up and down the road to make it a neat and tidy 7 miles. 7:45m/m average 146HR.
    Compared with last week that's the same HR, but 15 seconds/mile better.
    I have the distinct impression that I am in need of pre-base training. B-O-R-I-N-G.