Friday 31st January 2014

Morning.

Lyrics - Now, are y'all ready?

Guess birks may be having trouble with the site again?

I've met postie - he definitely looks like a skinny runner image Mind you, Gobi didn't look like a big lad last time I saw him either.

Abingdon entries open tomorrow for anyone interested.

Can't believe it's the last day of January - where is the year going?

What:             an hour on the turbo
Why:              not much time/weather
Last hard:      19/1
Last rest:        28/12

Yesterday's lyrics - She's Alright - Stereophonics.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• LMH: Morning yes I was, again !image

Been trying to start todays thread since 6.15...

can't believe I never got yesterdays lyrics.

What: 4M Staedy

Why: Habit

Cold, dry, bit windy

Catch up time soon

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Beat me by 1 minute LMH!

What: maybe a run maybe a rest
    Why: knee is a bit niggly and need to pack
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: yesterday
    Height/weight: 5ft 4, 54 kg (have been between 52 and 54 since I was 13).
    Lyrics: nope

Was only 5lb when I was born 

Glad to hear your back is feeling better Wabo
    Dibs
     I tend to eat when I'm hungry, but I am often hungry!  As long as you're not losing more weight now, you're probably doing ok though image  Oh, and do you know which area of CT your hostel is in? (you can pm me if you like, I can hopefully offer you some good CT advice image )
    LMH that was some good turbo endurance!

Been the dizzy height of -4 C here, so Monday's intervals were replaced with a very slow and core intense run trying to stay upright!  Tuesday core and weights and Wednesday another very slippery run!  

Hoping to get a long run in tomorrow morning before our 36 hour flight :S off to your homeland Dibs, though not your hometown.

Have a good Friday all, enjoy the chocolate

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

think this one wins by a minute!

Don - talking my sort of numbers with height & weight, rather than spped of runs!
    blisters - nice work
    what - easy run
    why - its friday
    last rest - December
    last hard - Tuesday
    yesterday also turned out to be an easy day: did the short run commutes then a few 300m reps coaching with the U11s but at their pace, plus the warm up/ cool downs.

cake, crunchie or double decker today. Maybe all 3

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

I have blogged and it is here

http://gobi70.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/track-has-all-gone-a-bit-shit/

What: just a run later

Why: Did a big day yesterday so just rolling over today

Last hard: Wednesday

Last rest: Monday 30th December

Lyrics: No

I accept I don't look big at all and definitely not fat but numbers don't lie and I am over 12st at 5ft 9 :??(
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Morning

emzap you were tiny, still are

wabo hope you're feeling better soon.

I was 7lb 3oz when born 5'4" now and 10st 4 this morning was around 8st 2lb for most of  my  20's (and late teens) 30s a stone  heavier

Gobi - all muscle then image

What: lfotm 5km
    Why: New years Resolution
    Last Hard: yesterday
    Lyrics  No

• Hope you have a good race Pammie.

I'm jealous emzap - where are you going? I'd love to go back to Oz.

Enjoy it whichever you decide Dustin.

Will read when I have time Gobi.

Just an hour on the turbo and now into work.

• Enjoy Oz, em. I know where I'd rather be in this shit cold ...  -4 here too. Bah humbug.

Good luck at LFOTM Pammie.

Didn't feel the love for running at all this week. Nasty cold wind, minus temps and soreness after the fall. Managed 6.5 on Tuesday, 5 yesterday and 10 today. Slowly getting back into it. Supposedly warmer weather is on the way. Please! Coz my breathing is truly rubbish when it's freezing.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

pammie good luck today!

Back is still improving, which is nice

dustin I like your style, all 3!

emzap, have a good trip

well my session at the club didn't happen, run leader for newbies didn't show so who took them out?  it was 5min walk 90 sec jog 90 walk, 3 min jog, 3 min walk x 2.  I was freezing! Wasn't dressed enough for it and probably  this cold I seem to have got

Feel fine though

what: tai chi back stuff etc

why: park run tomorrow, my club is going en masse to our local one, will be fun!

last hard: Tuesday

last easy: last night!

Going out with my ultra buddy on Sunday, she has to do 16 miles so I offered to accompany her for 10, should be nice in the forest I think!

Have a lovely weekend peeps

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Blimey Wabo, that looks like a really tough session for a runner. Who turned up? Elephants? Even a recalcitrant 9 year old can manage more than that. Next time get them to run a mile before they even contemplate a walk break (30 seconds max), and do 3 miles. I calculate that you managed 1 mile of almost running. No wonder you were cold. You would need a leather greatcoat and balaclava to keep warm. I hope that you managed to go for a proper session afterwards? It doesn't sound like it though.

This morning:
    2000m swum concentrating on form. AKA slow.
    Then another dentist visit. Titanium post required for this one. My wife says that when I die she'll weigh me in at the scrappy. Cycling's not a cheap hobby.

It's beginning to look very much like a turbo-bike weekend.

• It's certainly not Blisters - I'm spending a fortune on inner tubes at the minute too. My determination to ride outside as much as I can this winter has proved to be expensive.

I would have been frozen and bored witless Wabo. Hope your efforts were appreciated. Enjoy the parkrun tomorrow, I've never done one.

• I've just read your blog Gobi - that sounds like absolute pants - is it politics?

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

LMH never done a parkrun!!!  Wow.  Is there one near you?

I'm hoping to do 2 in the next 2 weeks as they have them in Melbourne and Adelaide, but it's looking like 42C in Adelaide, which may slow me down somewhat!

Good luck this evening Pammie.

Wabo well done you for stepping in, especially in the cold

• A'noon

Right more catching up to do.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LMH - personalities/nationalities

I wish I was all muscle
  • Afternoon

Wabo: no wonder you were cold.

Blisters: I haven't swum in 3 months, don't miss it!

What: 10K trotted before the rain started
    Why: Hard session with club last night
    Last Hard: Last night
    Last Rest: Monday
    Lyrics a resounding no

• I think there's one across the other side of the city emzap - too far to run to and from and not worth driving too for a 5k. I'll swap your 42C for our cold, wet and windy!

Are you not racing tri this year then DD?

• Afternoon all,

• What:  3 big, muddy, hills and two flights of steps
    • Why:  stop making Gobi happy image
    • Last Hard:  N/A
    • Last Rest: Sunday

Have a good one!

• Afternoon

What 10 ish commute

Why run day

Lyrics no

Gobi you must have heavy bones then.

LMH cycle to park run?

Ran completely to feel having turned off the lap beepy thing on the Garmin so was unrestrained and too fast in parts. Still nice to get one last run in for the month clocking 192 miles. Probably should have done more but January always has a few hiccups.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

I wasn't last, but getting there had a few obstacles in way first tube  not stop at Hyde park corner managed to find way from Green Park knew it was next door then  lights to cross the  road between the 2 parks (didn't notice the subway till I returned home) weren't working after a while  some  vehicles Did stop its  a big wide road. At about 12  looked at the  sky and didn't like it looked like the  clouds were ready to burst Thankfully they held off

1m - 9:26(9:26/m) 117cal
     1m - 9:39(9:40/m) 120cal
     1m - 9:36(9:36/m) 118cal
     0.13m - 1:15(9:30/m) 16cal

29:57 according to Garmin though will probably  be a bit  more officially a good 5½ minutes off my  best so hopefully a  bit  closer next month

• Evening!

Well done Pammie: you pinned a number on and did it! As you say, something to work at and I hope that LFoM provides a stimulus for you. Mind you, I think I have probably gone backwards since the end of November one!

What: 3.54k turning the legs over on the pavements.
    Why: to complete 31 days out of 31 this month, and bringing up about 154k for the month. A bit below expected, but as Postie says, January seems to have a few hiccups. Not a good week running wise due to illness and niggles, but at least I got something done each day.

Lyrics: sound familiar, so that's a no.

Had planned to do a parkrun tomorrow, but courses are very wet and muddy, and haven't been well, so a longer run is on the cards. An hour plus.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • postie - not really worth losing the training for a 5k - may try one day when I'm not really training for anything particular.

You got out and did it Pammie - that's the important thing at the minute.

You feeling better now Alehouse?

• Feeling a lot better thanks, LMH: felt awful for the first half of the week but now am hopefully on the mend! Not 100% yet, but who ever is?!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening again

Thanks  both. That's my  thinking LMH

Officially 29:59 and 2nd FV45 ok there were only  2 of us But well.

Alehouse yes i'm using this as motivation.

Not bad for 30.6 miles for the month. Hopefully will run more next month

• Thought I had reposted on correct thread earlier

What: just work

why: on call all weekend

last hard: monday

last rest: wednesday 

felt much warmer last evening  @ 3°C as there was no wind.

However, wind building for biggie again tonightimage ... and not much better in the foreseeable future image

• Evenng

Todays lyrics seem familiar.

ale: Glad you're feeling better.

Pammie: Well done.

Just been watching some classic 1980s athletics on youtube. Coe, Cram, Ovett , Peter Elliot, Dave Moorcroft and Tom McKean.

• Billy Elliot was a little further north. The Pete Elliot story is a good one too!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LMH - don't you have any short speedwork in your training ?

Off to Southampton parkrun tomorrow where I am pacing

Not quite sure how but I ran 172 miles in January. The most I have done in 2 years. Not bad for a non runners.

Only a small dip in the well mind you as I did 64hrs of training in January