Tuesday 4th February 2014

Morning

Todays lyrics:'Have you seen the old man.

Yesterdays lyrics: I want it all' by Queen

What:4.5M Steady

Dark, cold and wet when out

Coffee and catch up

Back later

Comments

• Morning.

I knew I should have got yesterday's lyrics!

Hope you feel better for the rest Dibs.

Sounds as though you're back into it Blisters.

What:             easy run
    Why:              time, opportunity, it's all easy and VLM
    Last hard:      19/1
    Last rest:       28/12

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH

dibs: Hope you feel better soon

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

What: Easy 90 min bike am D&D

Velodrome PM

Why: Ask me another time

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: Monday 30th December

Lyrics: yes again :??0
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning!
    Its almost pleasant out there this morning
    LmH - XC mainly, last County fixture this w/e then Nationals in Nottingham in 2 weeks. Missed the boat with entry deadlines for either Reading or Fleet HMs but tbh wasn't in the mood to put race entries in when the knee was playing up. Looking at some marathons in the summer and may bite the bullet and race a 10k (my least favoured distance) just to see how far off 40 minutes I am these days.
    Would like to do some 'new' races but as always depends on kids' swimming, athletics, hockey...
    What - club session , I think its 1k reps
    Why - Its what Tuesdays are for
    Last Rest - Dec
    Last Hard - Sunday
    Lyric - don't think so

Have an outstanding Tuesday

• What: badminton

why: Tuesday, wind dropped but working today

last hard: yesterday's outward half

last rest: Sunday 

lyrics: no idea

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hello

What: 4 miles run followed by 1 hour walk followed by another 2 hour walk

Why: it was a beautiful morning and woke up at 5 so had to make the most of it. 2nd walk was raining, though still hot so not too bad

Last hard: 30 hours on that plane, legs were in agony by the end image

Lyrics: yes

Glad today went well dibs hope you feel better soon

Good luck with the parkrun ale

Have a good one all
  • Entries for Abingdon have opened via the Run Britain website if anyone is interested.

Is it a day trip to Nottingham Dustin?

How long are you in Oz for emzap? Enjoy the heat.

Not a bad day weather wise and 14 miles bagged.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Little M.iss Happy wrote (see)

Morning.

I knew I should have got yesterday's lyrics!

me too! Brain is like a sieve these days image

what: 14 miles MLR d&d
    why: swapped sessions as weather is going to deteriorate as week progresses
    last hard: today - legs still tired after Sunday
    last rest: yesterday (got stuck at work and by the time I got home I was done in)
    lyrics: yes (finally!! image)

• Afternoon all,

Back plodding after a couple of days wobble.  And I was rewarded by overtaking two girls image  Mind you, they were chattering nineteen-to-the-dozen and I was having a coronary but I'll take what I can get.

• What:  5ish
    • Why:  onwards and upwards
    • Last Hard: N/A
    • Last Rest: Yesterday

Have a good one!

• Afternoon!

Lyrics: indeed, and used them myself on VLM day I believe!

What: not working this pm, so just over 3k run off road, and another run this evening
    Why: it looked too nice not to take the opportunity, although the wind turned out to be quite unpleasant! Will run with a slowish group from the club tonight.

Emz: re the parkrun, I am actually quite happy for it not to go ahead! It is a friend's pet project that I don't want to get drawn into every Saturday at 8 ish!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Ale - parkrun does change your life and not always for the better. Largely though it is a very rewarding experience.
  • Hi Gobi! I sometimes help at 3 other parkruns (have walked to all 3 from my house, which must be pretty unique!). Have too many other commitments with the club and schools' races to do much more...and curently am trying to prioritise my own running before I get too much older! Yes, I find parkrun very rewarding, just as I find the other things!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nice 5.7 mile run in 42 mins.  Got utterly drenched.  image

Lyrics, not today!

• Evening

What 2 x 5 mile progressions

Why time to introduce a bit of speed work

Lyrics yes

Wasn't quite sure what to do this morning but ended up thinking this up in the first mile. Slowed the second miles down and then increased the effort each time the garmin pinged. Was running flat out by the end of mile 5 so slowed it right down for the sixth and repeated again. 

Splits 7:16, 7:46, 6:58, 6:34, 6:07, 7:57, 7:03, 6:52, 6:41, 6:22, 0.59@ 8:13.

• Birks: Lyrics, yes. I think that 4.5 miles slow and steady when it’s Dreary Feb is just about perfect.
    LMH: Slow and steady rules the roost.
    Gobi: You’ll get fat if that’s all you’re doing.
    Dustin: I think I can see a plan there. I think you’ll do well at 10k after a winter of strength (XC) and reps. If you keep injury free of course.
    OH: I can imagine that even badminton could be wind affected this past week or two if someone opens a door! You’ll kick yourself over the lyrics.
    Emz: Not envious. Not a bit. I bet that the rain was that warm, holiday rain too.
    Chick: tasty midweek 14 miler.
    AF: You were clearly concentrating on the wrong things. You’ll get arrested, maybe in 20 years’ time when it’s illegal.
    Ale: 2 short runs so close together? Bizarre.
    Don: Hmm, clearly you weren’t dawdling on your session. Perhaps the drowning motivated you?
    Postie: That’s a brilliant session. I can see all sorts of benefits from that. I’m glad that you put the final half mile in at a lactic clearing pace. We’ll have to give it a name, the POSTIE PROGRESSIVE?

Tonight and tomorrow I’m staying in Neath. No access to the posh Virgin Active next door, but there’s still the great outdoors. Out and back with the 305 as my navigator friend. Blowing an absolute hoolie, but the canal path was fairly sheltered. Fortunately it started raining when I was half way, and I say fortunately, because had it started before I left I’d still be here.
    9 miles done at a dark plodtastic pace. Endurance day. I’m just building it all up again.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

What - Nothing
    Why - Feeling Lousey and full of cold
    Last Hard - Deciding not to run tonight
    Last rest - yesterday and today

Take care

• Evening!

What: Just over 5k with 8 x 30 secs, 1 min jog recovery.
    Why: coaching...and the easiest way to keep warm is to do it as well. 6 hours after the previous 20 minute leg loosener: not that bizarre, Blisters! No rain, but this evening it was somewhat windy, although probably nothing on the OH scale!

Get well, RFJ!

Decent session, Postie!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Blisters - I am already fat !!