Wed 5th Feb 2014

Morning

Todays lyrics:Looking from the window above

Yesterdays lyrics: 'Streets of London' by Ralph McTell.

What: 4M Steady

Why: Stretch the legs,

Catch up time

Back later

Comments

• Morning.

Weather is forecast to go downhill from today - the weekend is not looking good for getting out. Bored with it now.

What:                just an hour on the turbo
    Why:                 easy day
    Last hard:         19/1
    Last rest:           28/12

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH

Fed up with the weather we're getting up here too.image

• Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

What: something off orad and in the light after work is the plan, but it may change
    Why: the planned weather may make an impact! A good test of commitment is the current weather!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

I'm home  from work and I know the lyrics

What  depends on when I wake we are  supposed to be  getting this weather thing all day  today though its quite now it wasn't  earlier didn't  bring  bike to work I walked as talk was 60nmph winds

Sleep first

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    lovely rain from about 8pm last night, fortunately our session had just finished! (3x900m with 150m recoveries then 6 x250m with jog back recoveries)
    what - run into work this morning (longer way, so a whopping 1 1/2 miles
    Few more miles either tonight or lunchtime, depends if I can get out
    why - training
    last rest - 25/12
    last hard - 04/02
    lyric - yessir

LmH - staying overnight as youngest also running. Got a Premier Inn for about 30pounds so takes the rush out of Saturday morning (and I get an 'all you can eat' breakfast!)

Have a lovely day

• Argh motivation needed! No run this week so far at all!

Long commute to work in the morning + late finishes. I woke up at

6am planning to go for a run and the weather meant it was just not happening!

Maybe swim or run tonight if I can!
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Another day of easy lyrics: so YES I KNOW THEM :`)

What: 11 miles d&d (also dry and home before 0645)

intervals PM, expect to get wet and wind swept

Last hard: yesterday

Last rest: Monday 30th December (no streak as I do not run or ride everyday)

Come on DIBS get in the game !!!!!
  • Afternoon all,

Well I can drop the fair-weather moniker now...

• What: 8ish
    • Why:  rage against the dying of the light
    • Last Hard:  N/A
    • Last Rest:  Monday

I'd forgotten how much fun tube strikes were.

Have a good one!

• Afternoon

What leisurely 16+
    Why MWLR
    Lyrics yes

Proper day off work so didn't get out the door until after 10 this morning. No real rain to speak of but it was rather blowy which made some bits quite hard work. Just glad that there were no time pressures.

Off to play taxi's now so may be back later.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

nice work postie,AF,Gobi
    yeah c'mon Dibs , stop slacking!image
    well 6 at lunchtime along the river to Vauxhall, lots of rain=no tourists, a joy to have Embankment to myself!
    Legs a bit achey but nice to get it done.

• Evening!

What: 2.23k on the roads
    Why: wanted an easy day, and couldn't face more mud off-road. Active rest. Had a discussion re active rest with QofP yesterday (had to pay her!): she is very much in favour of it, particularly if it precedes stretching. Guess what I must do.

And well done on the long-midweek runs!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lyrics - yes. That's a streak of 2.
    Congratulations to the early birds, and in fact to anyone who has battled through it out there. I've just visited the Llandarcy Institute of Sport, to see what they have to offer a visitor (indoors). The answer was a packed gym with more people arriving (no thanks), and an absence of swimming pool. It looks like it's the trainers and wind jacket again.

• What: 1k pool swim

why: on call but wanted to do something active

last hard: Monday 

last rest: Sunday 

lyrics - no

dibs  - yes you can image

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

What: managed another 3 miles last night, plus a few walks through the bush in a barmy 13C...I thought  it was meant to be summer here?  (I'll be eating those words when it reaches 40C and I'm complaining about the heat!!!).
    Why: easy to run whilst staying with family, will be harder later on.
    Last hard: a very steep hill yesterday
    Last rest: Monday from running, but Friday for a proper rest.
    Lyrics: don't think I know today's

Another cloudy day here, hoping it doesn't rain again...at least it means the snakes appear to be hiding!

Have a good one all.

• Evening.  Came home from work today really tired. Had no motivation to go out but forced myself out on the streets.  Only did 3.5 miles including 20 x 30s 'fast' and 30s slow.  Two phone calls during it (on duty) so not ideal.  

Lyrics, yes indeed!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

no on the lyrics again,

Better today

Lunch run 6 x 2 min intervals, was due to be 10 but IBS got in the way again, so followed that up tonight with a stead 1 hour and felt great.....

Take care

• Swim done. Completely knackered but did it!!