Friday 7th February 2014

Morning.

Lyrics - Even if I am in love with you

Forecast for the weekend getting worse every time I look. Stop looking is the answer then I guess! May have to be imaginative with training next week, sap things around and accept that it may be a lighter week mileage wise.

Hope you got out for your run Dibs and are soon feeling 100%.

What:                  an hour on the turbo
Why:                   only have an hour and don't want to run again today
Last hard:           19/1
Last rest:             28/12

Yesterday's lyrics were Turn Up The Sun by Oasis. A bit of wishful thinking on my part.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning!
    I've also overtaken cyclists running uphills before, I guess it must be quite demoralising for them!

Nice miles banked from several places yesterday, decent pace too Don.
    Hammering down last night for U11 coaching, at least we were on the track rather than the grass (mud/puddles). Did about 4 or 5 laps with them but that was it.
    Had planned for 45mins myself, but youngest had homework to do and wanted to retire to the hockey club cafe after her training finished (while eldest had hockey). It was a tough call, but warmth and coffee won the day.
    Today - run into work from Wateroo, same again tonight
    why - couple of easy days needed
    last hard - Tuesday
    last rest - technically december, but was only 2k at easy pace yesterday
    lyric - don't think so

Have a great weekend - who's racing?

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

Dustin I think I will race but shall it be park run or Essex league, prob the former as I am still not 100% - it must be nice to run into work!

What: swim later and sauna

why: a mate has got me a pass for their gym

last hard sunday - what a lazy week!

last easy: all week

I need to snap out of this feeling...

have a good un peeps

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Wabs - well its only a mile or so, but beats getting drenched in work clothes..
    good luck with whatever you choose

• yeah, weather is dire, even here. So glad I switched sessions and did the 14 miler when it was dry.

what: 9 soggy miles
    why: why indeed image
    last hard: get going
    last rest: Monday
    lyrics: no

• What: maybe rest

why: working through the day and last rest Sunday although not a bad day here

last hard: monday

lyrics no

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    pretty sure I have never been passed by a runner going up hill

what : easy 4 miles run

gym for stretching and sauna

why : final countdown

last hard : Tuesday

last rest : Monday 30th December
  • Afternoon

Dustin And  I thought I live close to work. image

Keeping my runs  short at the  mo have to remind myself  be patient and not do too much too soon I'm guilty of  both

What: 2.87 miles (did walk partly up steep hill) Why: building fitness Last Hard: That  damn hill Lyrics No

Had planned on a mile(or 2km) out and  back but on way round thought I may as well carry on  in a loop but it meant running up the hill I ran  down on  Monday Its a toughie have  run  up it  before  but  not today so it was a run walk up it though

One day

• Afternoon all,

Dibs:  Are you in SA?

• What:  4 big hills
    • Why:  I wanna be a runner again
    • Last Hard:  Pretty tough today; the new AF says "hard"; the old AF says "it's only hard whan you throw up at the top of the hill"
    • Last rest: Monday

Have a good one!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Pammie - not sure if you're joking but Waterloo is the end point of my 60 minute+  train commute...I still have to get across London!

• Wabo - maybe you're still not 100%? Take it easy and listen to your body.

I managed to find an extra 15 minutes this morning so 75 minutes on the turbo. Finished work unexpectedly early but resisted the temptation to take Grace out for a run even though it was dry and not too windy, I've run enough miles this week.

• Afternoon

What 10ish commute

Why miles in the legs

Lyrics no

Tomorrow is to be a proper rest day as I have the day off work and don't run on Saturdays. Hopefully will be rested enough for Wokingham on Sunday. I'll keep an eye out for you Gobi but the people giving me a lift don't hang around afterwards. If I don't see you before I hope all goes well for you and thee pacing works out.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

managed to get out before the rain came down....

4.5m at MP, good run

meant to be at XC tomorrow, but may do LSR instead, as XC will be a killer with the rain that we have had and dont really want to pick an injury up for the last XC... will make the call tomorrow

Take care

• Dustin - sorry I read the its only a mile you had  to run thought that was the whole  commute

• Evening!

What: 3.4k, gentle on cinder paths, in the dark. Nice afternoon here but back too late from work to take advantage .
    Why: easy run...listening to the body, and trying out new sparkly purple laces (and the shoes that they are in). They seem very fast...or would be if someone else were wearing them.

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I ant purple sparkly laces! image

Postie - I think that Wokingham is cancelled.

• Evening again!

What size laces are you, LMH?

Yes, Wokingham is off...and whilst it might be a blow to Postie I suspect it will mess up Gobi's plans even more!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I wouldn't mind purple  sparkly  laces they'll go with my  purple shoes image

• Cheers Dustin.

7 miles tonight in 52:24.  Slightly more sedate than last night but felt equally hard!

Off to sunny climes tomorrow but might try a run before the flight image

Lyrics, it's a maybe from me. image

• Where's the warm weather training Don? I take it that it must be half term. One week to go for me.

• Bit of bugger about Wokingham. Posted on here before checking my emails. 

• Alehouse, yes. Half term for the next week and I am off to Portugal.  Never been before so I hope it's nice. image

• Hi gang

LMH, I think that the turbo trainers will get a lot of bashing this weekend.
    Dustin, you are very dedicated with those youngsters. I don’t blame you for the coffee/cake option afterwards.
    Wabo: good news on the gym pass
    As for getting passed on the bike? I’ve never been passed by a runner, but I have had to get off because walking was faster. That was in my big triathlon.
    AF, we know you’re hard.
    Postie, you were probably ready for a good race, shame Wokingham’s gone under.

Well it was a gorgeous day here. A bright orange ball made an appearance and even brought out the sunglasses! Somehow my body was just tired this afternoon, and my daughter persuaded me to get out. A run was achieved, and the steady start became more progressive. Then I was in the zone and flying along. 11 miles covered at an average 7:50 pace. No need for HIIT today, as the legs were twitching without further punishment.