Sub 3h15

Comments

• Hearing the Moray marathon is not running this year having been going for 32 years made me sad! Hope they can find another local committee to take on the race as it was a good one! Anyway signed up for the Perthshire Highland marathon and that completes the entry for this year. Planned 6 marathons and an Olympic triathlon.

TR hope you get better soon buddy. It's the worst not being able to train!

Leslie- Thanks, I should do parkrun next week.

PMJ- sorry to hear about the race.

Moof- good luck on your 20!

• TRTR ✭✭✭

Rich - the wanting to train feeling has gone, I just want to feel normal again now. I've accepted that this is going to take some getting back from. Some folks at work have had it for a couple of weeks and still arnt healthy again.

• TR - Get well soon

Poacher - You are some kind of treadyfreak magnetimage

• moofmoof ✭✭✭
    Shame about Wokingham as I was hoping a decent race would boost my fitness for Reading, looks like I'll have to do a hard solo run on Sunday instead.

Every cloud has a silver lining as there are four beers in the fridge; I lie, there are only two left. ????

Shame about the lurgy TR, fortunately London is way off yet. Loads have it at work and it's hard to avoid.
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

TR image. Hope you feel better soon. 

Poacher - we need photos. 

Sorry to hear Wokingham has been cancelled.  Sadly mine has not.... 

• We're going on a trip to the seaside. Deal Half in Kent for an away day: don;t fancy the solo 13 TR so a trip was planned. Much more low key than Wokingham, 82 would put me top 5 so it will be thin which is probably better training anyway.

• I'm going to do the 12 @ MP solo on Sunday. Thing is, what is MP? My goal is to go sub-3 again on 13th April, but that is still 2 months away. So, what should I realistically be aiming to do for 12 long, solitary miles on Sunday? I thought maybe 7:00-7:05mm. Next week I've got a HM, and if I can't do 13.1 at faster than 6:50mm there, it's a poor show, but a race is a totally different beast, as we know. Advice, please!

TR - Further proof, were it needed, that work just is not healthy. Hope you're feeling better.

• moofmoof ✭✭✭
    Ant, I'll join you. 13 in sub 90. And if that fails just try your hardest.

That's all that matters really.
  • Tough news about the Woki going cokey.

I managed a great outing today, and came home with a real buzz.
    11 miles at a progressive pace, averaging 7:50 m/m. Further than I've gone recently, and cranked up for that distance. A few nights away in hotels and my weight has also ballooned. Some you win.

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭

Apologies for radio silence and not reading back but wanted to ask where that race list is please?  I am packing up the house as we speak to return to the UK (destination TBC but could be in the Guildford area) and have entered A MARATHON!  Abingdon to be precise.  Happy days on many fronts!  image

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Safe return MsE hope all goes well for you.

Might be a bit wet in Kent PMJ- better pack your speedos.

Also missed a few days due to work pressures. Gentle parkrun today then those monster hills tomorrow- that will be the first real test of my fitness.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Not so gentle parkrun- 18:30 and 4th image . Bit blowey but nice day out there 

• Apologies for another flying visit - just quickly to say bon voyage MsE and cracking parkrun OO.
    Overslept and didn't get out till 5:24 for my 19 miler. Finished in 2:38 dead. First 10 miles @ 8:44 m/m and last 9 @ 7:51 m/m.  Try and catch up later.

• MsE...

Feb 9 - Chichester 10k - TR - a nice chunk quicker than Stubbington
    Feb 16 - Wrexham Half - Mennania - 79.xx 
    Feb 16 - Brighton Half - FINgers - TBC - Fitness Test 
    Mar 2 - Reading Half - FINge - TBC - Mid Long Run.- moof - sub 80 - literatin - sub 1:27 
    Mar 9 - Surrey Half - Lorenzo - 1:25.xx, Sporty Badger sub-1.30 
    Mar 9 - Milton Keynes Half - Abbers sub-1.30 
    Mar 9 - Retford Half - Knight Rider sub 1.25
    Mar 16 - Stafford Half - CC2 sub 1.25
    Mar 16 Barcelona - Barry B sub 3:15
    Mar 29 - Eco Trail de Paris 80Km - SJ - uninjured completion 
    Apr 6 - Lochaber Mara - Rich26 - Sub 3:15
    Apr 6 - Brighton Mara - FINgers  TBC - Sporty Badger sub-3.20 
    Apr 6 - Paris mara - Mennania - Sub 3 
    Apr 6 - Manchester mara - knight rider - Sub 3 
    Apr 13 - VLM - PMJ - 2.4x, Ant - sub 3, Bike It - 3:14:59, Lorenzo sub 3:10, Minni - 3:12, Abbers, Poacher - TBA, AR - get past 16 miles, CC2 2.59.59, - literatin - sub 3:05
    May 11 - Fred Whitton Challenge - SJ - no crashes 
    May 31 - Kent Roadrunner - Gul Darr sub 3:15 
    May 31 - Stockholm - SJ - sub 3:15 with match retention 
    Jun 1 - Comrades - Poacher - Bike It sub 8:20 
    Jun 1 - Walled city marathon - Leslie H 
    Jun ? - Swim length of Ullswater - SJ - no drowning 
    July - Thunder Run - Minni 
    July 27 - Outlaw - SJ - 10:xx 
    October - Yorkshire marathon - Minni TBC

Spacing police on alert 

And possibly the finest #gymfail ever - very large guy walks in. Gets on treadie, which creaks under his weight.  For about 30sec he stares morosely at the control panel, and either (a) can't locate the START button, or (b) decides the door of the exercise stable is well and truly off its hinges.  So he gets down and walks disconsolately out of the room.  Another case of leaving the gym less fit than on entry. Classic!

I considered going over to explain that "pain is only fear leaving the body", but I think he might have decked me.

As you were, enjoy the LRs this w/e

• MsE - exciting times. Love the way you've prioritised entering a marathon over finding a house and sorting the kids' schools out! Which side of Guildford are you looking? We're about 10 miles east, on the way to Leatherhead.

Loads of great running around Guildford: Hog's Back, North Downs Way, Greensand Way. Will you be back in time for the Surrey Half, just to get you into the swing of things?

Gul - shocked at your lie in. Go and stand in the naughty corner. Nice progressive run BTW.

Mrs L's Stockholm training's going well - Jantastic has got her motivated to be out there 4 times a week and she's up to 30 miles or so. We've got a week's skiing over half terms and then the mileage of her long runs start to edge up. She's done a HM before but once she gets to 15 miles, she's in nosebleed territory.

Poacher - absolute classic. Have you spoken to a publisher about a possible book deal yet?!

Good luck to PMJ for Sunday. How does the course compare to Wokingham? I guess it might be a bit windy.

Long run for me this morning, starting off in hail and then bright sunshine and made it back home before the torrential rain.

Total of nearly 21 miles at 8mm pace, making it my longest run since, er, last year's VLM.

Was supposed to be easy but some of the hills in the last 5 miles were definitely starting to take their toll so I was pleased to finish.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Sort yourself out Gul- 5:24am, what time do you call that!

• Lorenzo, nice 21 there. What is the plan for the long ones? Bunch of 5x21s?

Deal is more hilly than Wokingham but not bad for a half: the course is a lolipop out and back and it is basically 6.5 miles with slight uphill into the wind and then 6.5 back. I do like courses with the second half easier so suits me. Really the whole idea of th ehalf is just a good hard run. In 2012 I tapered and really raced and went sub 80. This year it is untapered and I really just want to do it so I get into my mind that a sub 85 is easy and two back to back are fine.

• Crikey Poacher, I thought that was your personal race list!
    Turbo bike morning. That way I didn't blow away.

• Bike It – Sorry to read about your Mother-in-law

Men – Well done on the 15 and I agree they are never that great in the rain

Jools – Nice 9 miler but get your alarm fixedimage

Les- Great LSR and enjoy your rest day

Rich – I like your 6 marathon plan. Hard core!

Ant – I agree with moof by aiming for sub 90 tomorrow

Blisters – Good progressive running

MsE – Well done on your marathon entry

OO – Nice placing and Parkrunning

Gul – Great LSR including starting 6 minutes before meimage

Poacher – Classic gym activity againimage

Lorenzo – Great LSR with strength building hills

PMJ – Good luck in HM

I got up early and completed a 23 mile run by 8:40 am this morning. This included about 94 x 0.23 mile laps on a golf course. I ran 25 miles over two runs yesterday and fuelled this mornings run with 6 dates and 500ml of a home made energy drink. I did have a high carb meal last night. I feel fantastic and I'm loving this ultra training. I've run 48 miles within 28 hours which used to be around my weekly average mileage!image

More importantly I fed my 6 month old daughter her first solid food today. She tried organic sweet potato, broccoli, carrot, avocado and banana! Yummy!

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Great long run, Lorenzo, ditto Badbark, with extra marks for insanity laps, and big back-to-back miles. Nice snap for the nipper as well image !
    Best wishes for Blighty return, MsE, but slap on the wrist for laziness, Gul  !
    Keep the gym tales coming, Poacher  . . . . .

just a windy 6.5 here today; had to postpone longer one 'til tomorrow

• insane and great all at the same time badbark!

• Badbark - Nutter Of The Week is a prestigious award and has in the past been held by many leading lights on here. However, I can't remember anyone actively going out and seeking to win it. Well done! 

Moof/Badbark - I'll see what I can do, although it sounds like a tall order...no harm in trying, though.

Gul - Some might call that slacking, you know.

• Badbark - That's just not right - great effort

Blisters - image I enjoyed your daily mail headline for the Wokingham half

My news is crap I am afraid - a recurrence of the Pericarditis put me back into the cardiac ward at 1am this morning and nothing doing for me running wise for the undefined immediate future on Doctors quite specific orders. Good news is that it is 3 weeks earlier than last time so hopefully it wont have such an impact on my next mara. And no, it has nothing to do with running, even though that is the first thing ALL WITHOUT EXCEPTION of my family and friends have decided is responsible. ( I have always wanted to put in an angry devil face in a post and the first chance I get in three years it doesn't sodding work). Wales lost too.(Angry face #2)

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Menna, I'm not bothered about Rugby, but I'm very bothered on your behalf at the medical news. What is the plan for recovery/rehab/treatment other than no running?
    Please accept fraternal good wishes  . . . .

• Menn: that's rubbish news.  Permission to sulk. Hope you are back to full health asap.

Commiserations to the Wokingham crew.  Feeling quite relieved I prioritised cross-country (Gwent league).  Didn't go too badly: 27th (although fully fit I'd expect 15-20th).  Still, I felt much stronger than I did at the Mids XC and managed to beat some of the people who beat me there, showing that things are going in right direction.

• That's bad news Menna. Hope you recover well. How long did it keep you out for last time?

Great stuff Badbark. Laptastic.

Welcome home MsE!  image 

Disappointing for all those aiming at Wokingham.

Lots of impressive long runs going on - might push it a bit further myself tomorrow since today's bike was cut short to a single measly hour when I picked up another puncture in the middle of nowhere with no phone signal and no spare tubes (after the blowout 2 weeks ago). Several 5mins riding / 3 mins pumping repeats got me to within range of a mobile tower and called for a support car. Other than that blip I've had 5 weeks of hitting every session. Makes a pleasant change!

• Feb 9 - Chichester 10k - TR - a nice chunk quicker than Stubbington
    Feb 23 - Grizedale 26 Trail marathon - SJ - race without racing
    Mar 2 - Reading Half - FINge - TBC - Mid Long Run.- moof - sub 80 - literatin - sub 1:27 
    Apr 13 - VLM - PMJ - 2.4x, Ant - sub 3, Bike It - 3:14:59, Lorenzo sub 3:10, Minni - 3:12, Abbers, Poacher - TBA, AR - get past 16 miles, CC2 2.59.59, - literatin - sub 3:05

• That's awful Menn, do they know what does cause it? (Not running, obviously!)

Lit and I attempted to run the course of the National XC this morning. It's not much fun, rather tight in places, has a silly, contrived hill in it, and a water feature. Hmph. 

• TRTR ✭✭✭

Feb 23 - Grizedale 26 Trail marathon - SJ - race without racing

I wont be needing that race number, after tomorrows zero that'll be a complete week of them. 

• Mennania - What a shocker for you. Do you feel all right now? Is that Paris b***ered for you now? Your family's reaction is as fairly typical as it is irritating, I would say. Best wishes and get well soon.

Speedy - Are you sure that wasn't the Badminton Horse Trials course? Sounds very much like it. Can you inform us as to what Literatin was and was not wearing?

Well done Jools!

#She's coming home, she's coming home, she's coming, MsE's coming home...#