Good distance when gaining weight

So I'm 20 years old, 6'5" and 46 pounds, basically I'm reasonably thin, not due to a lack of eating, just really high metabolism. This is about 17.3 BMI which is underweight.

Until 4 months ago, I did absolutely no exercise at all. I decided to sort myself out and now I run 5k three times a week averaging about 23 minutes. I love running, I'm addicted to it now.

I've started doing home workouts as well, and I'm starting to notice the little bit of fat I had has mostly gone. My 6-pack is making a reappearance and my muscles are generally more toned.

However, my body weight hasn't really changed, I think the increase in muscle mass has just been offset by removing my fat.

I'm not sure if simply "putting on muscle" is even the healthiest aim, but it's something I wouldn't mind doing. I've been underweight most of my life, and I wouldn't mind a change.

My main question is what kind of distance/training would you recommend to increase muscle mass? (Almost every article I read is about losing fat, that's fine, but I don't really have any fat to lose)

Any other advice also would be appreciated.

Comments